1358 users online (353 members and 1005 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 978
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220

    CA - Mom charged in murder of 18-month-old Emma Leigh Barker #1

    Authorities Thursday asked for the public's help in finding an 18-month-old girl whose mother said she was knocked out at a Lancaster Park and somehow ended up in Palmdale, where she awoke to find her daughter missing.

    "It's unclear if it's simply a missing-persons case, or if a kidnapping occurred. It's all under investigation," Sgt. Diane Hecht of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau said. More at link http://cbs2.com/local/lancaster.palm....2.962925.html I just seen this on the News, and a child's body has been discovered.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,497

    Exclamation Missing Lancaster toddler is found dead

    Sheriff officials say missing toddler Emma Leigh Barker, 18 months, was found dead. Her mother, a resident of the high desert, reported her missing Wednesday.

    The girl’s mother, Stacy Barker, said that she was knocked unconscious after hitting her head on the steering wheel of her car at Lancaster Park and awoke hours later at a Palmdale park-n-ride with her daughter missing. The mother told detectives that she was at Lancaster City Park on Wednesday sometime after 5 p.m. when she was placing her daughter in a car seat and hit her head.

    She told detectives that she awoke about 10:30 p.m., slumped over in the seat of her car at a Palmdale park-and-ride, and discovered Emma was missing. The mother's brother called authorities, and deputies were dispatched to the Avenue S Park-n-Ride.

    Deputies found the mother semiconscious and partially undressed with visible contusions on her head, officials said.

    --Richard Winton

    Updated, 1:26 p.m.: L.A. Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says that, according to investigators, a formal identification that the deceased child is Emma Barker is still pending.


    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...f-officia.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
    Sheriff officials say missing toddler Emma Leigh Barker, 18 months, was found dead. Her mother, a resident of the high desert, reported her missing Wednesday.

    The girl’s mother, Stacy Barker, said that she was knocked unconscious after hitting her head on the steering wheel of her car at Lancaster Park and awoke hours later at a Palmdale park-n-ride with her daughter missing. The mother told detectives that she was at Lancaster City Park on Wednesday sometime after 5 p.m. when she was placing her daughter in a car seat and hit her head.

    She told detectives that she awoke about 10:30 p.m., slumped over in the seat of her car at a Palmdale park-and-ride, and discovered Emma was missing. The mother's brother called authorities, and deputies were dispatched to the Avenue S Park-n-Ride.

    Deputies found the mother semiconscious and partially undressed with visible contusions on her head, officials said.

    --Richard Winton

    Updated, 1:26 p.m.: L.A. Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says that, according to investigators, a formal identification that the deceased child is Emma Barker is still pending.


    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...f-officia.html
    Thanks for the link SPorky! This is a very interesting case, I don't know enough about the case to form an opinion, but something is not right. Do you have an opinion either way?? This happened about an hour from me, very scary.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,497
    IMO The mothers story is just strange! And how do you knock yourself out on the steering wheel putting a 18 month old in the car who would be sitting in the backseat. I mean someone could have come up behind her and knocked her out. But they were at a park wouldn't there be a witness?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,497
    I will be following this one to see what new info develops.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
    IMO The mothers story is just strange! And how do you knock yourself out on the steering wheel putting a 18 month old in the car who would be sitting in the backseat. I mean someone could have come up behind her and knocked her out. But they were at a park wouldn't there be a witness?
    Yes her story is very strange. I just don't understand how you can be knocked out for several hours?? I will be following this case for sure, especially since it's so close to home.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,497
    I would love to see a picture of the mother. You can tell alot about someone with just a picture.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
    I would love to see a picture of the mother. You can tell alot about someone with just a picture.
    The mother is 20 that's all I know so far. There is a news conference on right now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,497
    Did they release any new info at the news conference? I can't find anything online.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    115


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
    Did they release any new info at the news conference? I can't find anything online.
    No new info! Just said the mother is not considered a suspect AT THE MOMENT!! Very frustrating!! Iam off to look for her myspace.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    This is her myspace. On the news they said she was 20, but her myspace says 24, but this is her. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=796477

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Txstrace View Post
    Thanks for the link. Beautiful little baby.

    I'm trying not to make judgements here, but I remember when I was hit in the forehead when the back of an SUV trunk slammed down on me.

    It was so painful and shook me up, yet I drove home and put ice on it. I never passed out. After hearing the mom's story of hitting her head on the steering wheel, I can't imagine her being knocked out. JMO
    Last edited by bogeygal; 03-19-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spell

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    According to her Myspace she has a NEW someone special in her life. That's NOT a good sign in a case like this. IMO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    Thanks for the link. Beautiful little baby.

    I'm trying not to make judgements here, but I remember when I was hit in the forehead when the back of an SUV trunk slammed down on me.

    It was so painful and shook me up, yet I drove home and put ice on it. I never passed out. After hearing the mom's story of hitting her head on the steering wheel, I can't imagine her being knocked out. JMO
    I think it depends on the person. I've bumped my head and passed out before, but I tend to pass out easily. Besides, some are more hard headed than others

    I'm withholding judgment for now.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WV - Benjamin Taylor, Charged with Rape & Murder of 10-month-old girl, 3 Oct 2016
    By DropthePuck in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 12:48 AM
  2. Found Safe OH - Jonathon Barker, 11, & Alan Barker, 14, Toledo, 23 January 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 05:20 PM
  3. Australia - Woman charged over end of month attempted murder of four children, QLD
    By PrimeSuspect in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2015, 03:43 AM
  4. GUILTY CA - Mom charged in murder of 18-month-old Emma Leigh Barker #2
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 456
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 05:06 AM
  5. MD Mariah Leigh Mozingo (1 month) - Baltimore MD, 1993
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM

Tags for this Thread