Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here:

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Link to Prior Thread
FL-Adji Desir - 6 year old Florida boy missing 1/10/09

Thank you, Christine! Wow, Adji has a second thread now. Good boy!

Glad Adji has a thread #2! Thanks!!! Still thinking about him.

Adji's in my prayers every night... Is there any news to report?
I e-mailed the Tyra Banks Show (I know!) but at this point I'm desperate for someone to pick this story up.

I thought about Adji when I stopped by a roadside stand yesterday to buy my fruit and vegetables for the week.

I made a comment about how fresh the tomatoes were and the old couple selling them told me a story about going to Immokolee every week to buy fresh vegetables to resell. The tomatoes were just picked.
We talked about little Adji and they knew about his disappearance. They had watched the story on NG and they were familiar with that area.

In FL, everywhere you go, you can see people selling produce by the road or in little roadside markets.
How many people go in and out of Immokolee every week for small type operations like this?
I can't help thinking that one of these frequent visitors saw him by the highway and picked him up not realizing he had a disability.
Maybe they needed help with selling their produce and thought he would be young enough to groom?

You can tell I hope he is alive and being cared for and will be found by someone who has seen his face on tv or a poster and remembers him.

~

Thank you, Christine! Wow, Adji has a second thread now. Good boy!
So small compared to Haleigh and Caylee. I think in the first 48 hours of Haleigh she had 30 some threads already.

So small compared to Haleigh and Caylee. I think in the first 48 hours of Haleigh she had 30 some threads already.

I wish Adji had more threads (meaning more attention to his case), but every little bit hopefully will help bring him home...:)

I wish he did too.He looks like a sweet little boy.I will help to keep Adji's story out there and keep him bumped up.

Adji's in my prayers every night... Is there any news to report?
I e-mailed the Tyra Banks Show (I know!) but at this point I'm desperate for someone to pick this story up.

Hey, if she runs Adji's story, I'll watch her show everyday from now on. Good job!

I thought about Adji when I stopped by a roadside stand yesterday to buy my fruit and vegetables for the week.

I made a comment about how fresh the tomatoes were and the old couple selling them told me a story about going to Immokolee every week to buy fresh vegetables to resell. The tomatoes were just picked.
We talked about little Adji and they knew about his disappearance. They had watched the story on NG and they were familiar with that area.

In FL, everywhere you go, you can see people selling produce by the road or in little roadside markets.
How many people go in and out of Immokolee every week for small type operations like this?
I can't help thinking that one of these frequent visitors saw him by the highway and picked him up not realizing he had a disability.
Maybe they needed help with selling their produce and thought he would be young enough to groom?

You can tell I hope he is alive and being cared for and will be found by someone who has seen his face on tv or a poster and remembers him.

~

I hope so much that it will turn out to be something like you theorize, and that he will still come home safely. I am trying really hard to hang onto hope. I had so much hope at first. I do a search with his name everyday hoping to see a new news article, and it has gone from finding news under the headings on the side...last hour...last day...past week...now we're barely hanging on to past month..I think I know the names of every family member going back 5 generations on some of these cases, including their favorite flavors of ice cream. Surely there is a little room for Adji.

I hope so much that it will turn out to be something like you theorize, and that he will still come home safely. I am trying really hard to hang onto hope. I had so much hope at first. I do a search with his name everyday hoping to see a new news article, and it has gone from finding news under the headings on the side...last hour...last day...past week...now we're barely hanging on to past month..I think I know the names of every family member going back 5 generations on some of these cases, including their favorite flavors of ice cream. Surely there is a little room for Adji.

Me too. I think I will set aside some time today to go back through all the posts and see if anything stands out. My problem is I am not at all good at sleuthing, not like so many members here. I wouldn't know a clue if it rode past me on a bicycle. But, it can't hurt. They haven't found him dead yet, so there is an equally good chance that Adji is out there alive. Hope is not a bad thing and all the love and prayers the members here pour out for him is such a beautiful thing.

me too. I think i will set aside some time today to go back through all the posts and see if anything stands out. My problem is i am not at all good at sleuthing, not like so many members here. i wouldn't know a clue if it rode past me on a bicycle. but, it can't hurt. They haven't found him dead yet, so there is an equally good chance that adji is out there alive. Hope is not a bad thing and all the love and prayers the members here pour out for him is such a beautiful thing.

lol!!

Me too. I think I will set aside some time today to go back through all the posts and see if anything stands out. My problem is I am not at all good at sleuthing, not like so many members here. I wouldn't know a clue if it rode past me on a bicycle. But, it can't hurt. They haven't found him dead yet, so there is an equally good chance that Adji is out there alive. Hope is not a bad thing and all the love and prayers the members here pour out for him is such a beautiful thing.

Take heart, Gracenote. I am far from being a master sleuth myself. I can run a mean google search and fire off emails til people are sick of me, though.:rolleyes: It is frustrating not knowing what to do.

There just enough information out there to sleuth. I don't think any new information has been released since the original story. I hope the police haven't set the case aside and not looking for this little boy. I've even thought about emailing Ellen. It's not the type of show she normally does but she seems to have such a good heart that maybe she would do something. Even if it's just a blurb at the end of the show. She has a ton of viewers.

Does anyone know what the best local newspapers would be for Adji's case? I looked here: http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/usstate/usflorid.htm but my eyes are 47 years old and the print is small *LOL* Would it be the Naples newspapers?

Also, someone (Daisy?) said to make sure Miami is covered. I think I will send as many emails to papers today as I can and hope some of them will pick it up.

On a different thread, someone said that locals in that case (Haleigh) should all be searching their property. I think this is a good idea for Adji, too, if they have not done so. Another letter to the newspaper I guess for that.

Have a good day everybody :) The weather here is perfect.

This is a good editorial.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/mar/07/editorial-missing-children-search-adji-goes-can-we/

"...Some of the questions about little Adji may never be satisfied. Some come against a perception of injustice, with Adji being Haitian and other missing children being white and wholly American. Some can never be answered short of turning back time and having the mute 6-year-old watched more closely while at play.

We do not know what if any level of emergency alert could have made a difference in Adji’s case.

Our effort to be a productive fault-finder comes up short. We believe the news media has more to contribute here as a solution-finder. That means working with authorities to issue future alerts and requests for volunteer searchers, or on processes that make spreading bad news more systematic — regardless of how a child or adult becomes missing. All that matters is finding them. Whatever it takes."

The rest is good, too but I know I can only copy/paste a certain amount here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member