Student Kicked Off Bus For Passing Gas

Oh my God!!! And it says that a student was arrested for passing gas in class!! I'd probably spend the rest of my life in jail, in that case!! Ridiculous or what??

Oh my God!!! And it says that a student was arrested for passing gas in class!! I'd probably spend the rest of my life in jail, in that case!! Ridiculous or what??

I have a husband and five boys..........let's just say I've lived through some massive gas attacks and I've even had a few of my own! Gas can sometimes be controlled and sometimes it just can't.

To try to understand the bus driver's actions, I'm wondering if the boy was drawing attention to the (ahem) farts and turning it into some kind of joke. (I can SO see a couple of my boys doing that: if you can't control it and it's stinky and loud, they'd be joking like crazy.......maybe to cover embarrasement, or maybe just cuz guys, inane senses of humor and farts kinda go together.

Either way, I don't think it's possible to make oneself fart without there being a true need. It's not a chosen behavior, like hitting or spitting. It is stupid to suspend the kid, and it is BEYOND ridiculous that a 13 year old was ARRESTED over the same thing!

What is the world coming to?! Good lord, kids + farts = lots of laughs, it's a tale as old as time!

Guess I'm going to have to start driving my 13 year old son and ALL of his friends to school so they don't get suspended for being boys!

I can see it as being disruptive. Just think the kid probably kept doing it and the other students were probably up and running to new seats to get away from the kid and the smell. The bus driver needs to pay attention to the road and can't have students running around on the bus not seated. It's simply not safe!

Bus driver just should have written that he was not being compliant, was being onery, or something other than the exact-literal root of the problem.

My oldest son was always the class clown, in 5th grade he came home with a "tag" (a write up for bad behavior) for repeatedly passing gas in class after the teacher asked him to excuse himself and go to the bathroom.

Of course he had the whole class (at least the boys) laughing so he kept doing it, his teacher told me it was the first time in her career she had ever given a tag for farting.

I tell that story to everyone just to embarrass him now...

S

It's not good to try and supress natural bodily funtions! :biggrin:

I'd like to know when it became okay for some low wage bus driver to be able to decide school punishment and to also diagnose health problems. Some gas can be held in, but how does this person know that the kid didn't have an illness! People can't just magically produce gas so bad that it makes people not be able to breath. Of course kids will laugh and make jokes about it. I really wish groups of high powered attorneys would step up and take on cases where kids are having their Constitutional Rights taken away one by one.

I think the whole thing stinks.

I'd like to know when it became okay for some low wage bus driver to be able to decide school punishment and to also diagnose health problems. Some gas can be held in, but how does this person know that the kid didn't have an illness! People can't just magically produce gas so bad that it makes people not be able to breath. Of course kids will laugh and make jokes about it. I really wish groups of high powered attorneys would step up and take on cases where kids are having their Constitutional Rights taken away one by one.

I swear my Daddy can :eek:!

Back in the day, and probably still, they use to light 'em! Seriously, I would think that bus drivers are well aware of how kids are.

Would the bus driver 'hold one in" and risk gas pains, or "let it rip"?

I have a husband and five boys..........let's just say I've lived through some massive gas attacks and I've even had a few of my own! Gas can sometimes be controlled and sometimes it just can't.

To try to understand the bus driver's actions, I'm wondering if the boy was drawing attention to the (ahem) farts and turning it into some kind of joke. (I can SO see a couple of my boys doing that: if you can't control it and it's stinky and loud, they'd be joking like crazy.......maybe to cover embarrasement, or maybe just cuz guys, inane senses of humor and farts kinda go together.

Either way, I don't think it's possible to make oneself fart without there being a true need. It's not a chosen behavior, like hitting or spitting. It is stupid to suspend the kid, and it is BEYOND ridiculous that a 13 year old was ARRESTED over the same thing!

Hmmm, you haven't met my son. He can fart on command. Sometimes (most times) it's not funny and can get downright irritating. Don't get me wrong I laugh at fart jokes too, but I understand the bus driver kicking him off the bus. It was a distraction because he was doing it to make the other kids laugh. There's enough noise and smells on the bus without someone doing that.

I wonder if this child was being disruptive in other ways and this was just the last straw?

Kids laugh over farts. Kids love it when they can fart, and it's hysterically funny to them.

It's a part of being around kids (at least it has for me). My daughter can outdo my sons, and is very proud of that fact. In fact, she can clear the room, they all get up and run. :sheesh:

So, naw I don't think this kiddo should have been kicked off the bus. His parents should have been informed and he should have had a talking to by the principle.

But then again what do I know? I only raised 7 kids, not a bus load full.

Did the article say if his parents had been notified before that he was being disruptive? If so, then it's easier to understand why he may have been booted off the bus. Maybe if the parents had to take and pick him up from school everyday they would be more likely to take his behavior seriously.

I'm just going with my own opinion. Driving a bus is stressful and something that I wouldn't want to do.

Kat, you just have a higher level of tolerance than I do. Seven kids huh? Congratulations. I don't think I could have handled more than my two.

Thanks Lizzybeth, I had five of my own and had the pleasure of helping raise my two stepdaughters who are now grown. I don't know if I have more tolerance, I think that every last nerve I had in my body got frayed and burnt out along the way and I'm described as very low-key and tolerant by many LOL

Thank goodness Amtrak doesn't suspend people from riding, due to ill-smelling bodily functions... my gracious and beautiful daughter in all of her prim and proper glory passed one of those "silent but deadly" gas moments during a train ride back from NYC and tried to pin it on me as the smell drifted outwards, by saying something to the tune of "MOOOOOOOOOM, OMG THAT STINKS! COULDN'T YOU HAVE WAITED?!?!?!?!"
I...was...MORTIFIED! :( People on the train were snickering...

Thank goodness Amtrak doesn't suspend people from riding, due to ill-smelling bodily functions... my gracious and beautiful daughter in all of her prim and proper glory passed one of those "silent but deadly" gas moments during a train ride back from NYC and tried to pin it on me as the smell drifted outwards, by saying something to the tune of "MOOOOOOOOOM, OMG THAT STINKS! COULDN'T YOU HAVE WAITED?!?!?!?!"
I...was...MORTIFIED! :( People on the train were snickering...

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Im glad I stopped in here, I have been looking at the topic, I was getting mad. After reading it, then what ever. I thought the driver tossed him out along the road somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back