1204 users online (246 members and 958 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667

    MI - Jonathan Staat for sexual assault of 4yo girl, Holland, 2008

    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Teen_...d_gets_no_jail

    20 March 09

    The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

    Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

    "I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

    24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

    The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

    The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

    more at link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Teen_...d_gets_no_jail

    20 March 09

    The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

    Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

    "I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

    24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

    The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

    The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

    more at link
    WTF! This is unacceptable!!! I am outraged!!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Remember that name, Jon Staat.

    You'll see that name again. Only next time, the victim may not be alive to tell.

    Personally, I think some people ought to create a fund to purchase a house next door to this judge. Maybe he'd like him living next door to him and his family.



    Ridiculous!
    fran
    Last edited by fran; 03-20-2009 at 05:36 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,645
    OMG, that is outrageous!! That little creep should be under the jail. Lucky it wasn't my kid or he wouldn't have made it out of the courtroom without a beat down!!
    Happy New Years

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I agree. After two slaps on the wrist he's going to think he can get away with it again...and again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Teen_...d_gets_no_jail

    20 March 09

    The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

    Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

    "I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

    24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

    The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

    The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

    more at link
    The most bothersome part of this sad story is that Staat pled guilty to similar behavior three years ago. That should be enough information, IMHO, to give us fair warning that is behavior is deeply ingrained (how many times has he not been caught, I wonder?) and earn him a stiffer penalty. A 13 year old boy who does this for the first time - yeah, I can see hoping that therapy and probation can help him turnaround. But I feel like a 16 year old boy doing this for the second time is dangerous enough to be taken out of the stream of society.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  7. #7
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    I am in absolute agreement with the victim's father. Not to mention that this kid appears to be a repeat offender, and hence, well on the road to a life of sex offending. What makes this esp appalling is the statement made by the offender's father.
    Quoted from the article:

    The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.
    Imo, and in this case, it appears the apple did not fall far from the tree. Just sayin...



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  8. #8

    probation for teen two time child molester

    This is revolting. Judge doesn't want to ruin his life by giving him jail time.

    http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=1909


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    That's it? I mean really-if this were a newspaper I would be turning the pages and shaking it looking for the rest of the story.

    Interesting that the judge did not feel oral sex was the equivalent of rape.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Teen_...d_gets_no_jail

    20 March 09

    The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

    Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

    "I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

    24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

    The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

    The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

    more at link
    I find this kid's father a disgusting POS too.


    "The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it."

    He acts like it was no big deal. That the 4 year old child agreed to do it, even though she is a very young child who had no clue what she was doing or why.

    I tell ya it seems some of these juvenile violent offenders get the sweetest deals. It is almost like an incentive to do horrible crimes because the sentence is either non existent or much lessor time compared to the crimes they have committed.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    So if he had assaulted a grown woman, would he have gotten jail time? Why is it that whenever the abuse involves a child, the punishment is lighter? Because the chidlren can't speak up for themselves? It is not right.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I find this kid's father a disgusting POS too.


    "The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it."

    He acts like it was no big deal. That the 4 year old child agreed to do it, even though she is a very young child who had no clue what she was doing or why.

    I tell ya it seems some of these juvenile violent offenders get the sweetest deals. It is almost like an incentive to do horrible crimes because the sentence is either non existent or much lessor time compared to the crimes they have committed.

    imo
    I hear you. And then I have to wonder - if this boy is sent to juvie, is the behavior going to stop (probably not) or will he just find victims there. As we know, there is precious little we can do to stop these kinds of offenders.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaMcZoo View Post
    This is revolting. Judge doesn't want to ruin his life by giving him jail time.

    http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=1909
    When you go towards the bottom of the page linked above, you will find a link for "Jon Staat's" alleged MySpace.

    His mood is listed as indifferent. The smiley-face/ emoticon shows a Frankenstein Monster head.

    It's as if he's giving fair warning that he see's himself as an indifferent monster. Very scary indeed.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 03-21-2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: corrected first name of offender
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  14. #14
    Towards the bottom it says Jon Staat, not Mike....tho I think Michael is his father's name.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    The most bothersome part of this sad story is that Staat pled guilty to similar behavior three years ago. That should be enough information, IMHO, to give us fair warning that is behavior is deeply ingrained (how many times has he not been caught, I wonder?) and earn him a stiffer penalty. A 13 year old boy who does this for the first time - yeah, I can see hoping that therapy and probation can help him turnaround. But I feel like a 16 year old boy doing this for the second time is dangerous enough to be taken out of the stream of society.

    Remember...it's the second time he was CAUGHT......I would bet my last dollar there are plenty of other victims in between that never told anyone.

    That judge is either a pedophile or an idiot! IMO


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY PA - Three men for sexual assault of 15yo girl, Philadelphia, 2012
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2015, 11:38 AM
  2. GUILTY TX - David Clayton for sexual assault of 11yo girl, Port Arthur, 2008
    By Texas Mist in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:45 AM
  3. NC - Ray Demery for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Lumberton, 2009
    By Kymistry35 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 03:29 AM
  4. PA - Girl, 13, shoots stepdad to death after sexual assault
    By JanetElaine in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Tags for this Thread