768 users online (113 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Also interesting in the trio case, it states authorities believe the girls left with someone they were familiar with and were harmed later.
    Children don't stop dancing

The Missing Three.........

I've been looking at this case on the cold case thread,after reading there,I don't think their case is related to the Lyon girls.It's so very sad though.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mary+Trlica

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
    I've been looking at this case on the cold case thread,after reading there,I don't think their case is related to the Lyon girls.It's so very sad though.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mary+Trlica
    I think it could be. Nothing makes sense. I don't think the family is involved. Maybe someone familiar to one or all of the girls, but not the family. All the PIs that have been hired are odd. The first one reportedly committed suicide and had all his files destroyed. I read this guy was a media hog. I think he wasn't doing a whole lot of working and when he died he didn't want all of his clients to find out just how much work he wasn't doing.

Then there's the second PI who has all this info that one, or two of the girls are still alive, yet he doesn't say where they are, and none of them has ever returned. I think this second PI is playing the brother. What is his motive, I don't know because it is stated he isn't being paid.
    It'd be crazy if it turns out that the second PI is really the killer, and he entered the scene to muddy the waters, and cast suspicions elsewhere.

I still think the cases could be related.
    Last edited by SharetheLight; 04-12-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: clarification, remove pronoun
    Children don't stop dancing

Quote Originally Posted by SharetheLight View Post
    I think it could be. Nothing makes sense. I don't think the family is involved. Maybe someone familiar to one or all of the girls, but not the family. All the PIs that have been hired are odd. The first one reportedly committed suicide and had all his files destroyed. I read this guy was a media hog. I think he wasn't doing a whole lot of working and when he died he didn't want all of his clients to find out just how much work he wasn't doing.

Then there's the second PI who has all this info that one, or two of the girls are still alive, yet he doesn't say where they are, and none of them has ever returned. I think this second PI is playing the brother. What is his motive, I don't know because it is stated he isn't being paid.
    It'd be crazy if it turns out that the second PI is really the killer, and he entered the scene to muddy the waters, and cast suspicions elsewhere.
    I still think they could be related.
    Bolded by me

That would be.I do have it listed on the similar cases thread.What is the deal with the sister and the polygraph?

Thanks to everyone for sharing information about where this trio abduction case from Ft. Worth is discussed here. It's such a strange, sad story and so frustrating that it has never been solved and no trace of the girls ever found. I have always wondered what on earth could have happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
    Bolded by me

That would be.I do have it listed on the similar cases thread.What is the deal with the sister and the polygraph?
    I've seen some indication that she did actually take the polygraph, but there's nothing about the outcome.

I lived in Ft. Worth at the time these girls disappeared and had just entered high school, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I know of one drug dealer who operated in the DFW area in the mid 70's. He would lace joints with a horse tranquilizer called "Angel Dust". Reactions were varied from panic attacks to paranoia. If Julie smoked one of these revved up joints, she may have freaked out and who know what could have happened.
    In 1976, 2 Ft. Worth Western Hills high school students DIED from smoking joints laced with Angel Dust. I tried to find a link describing this situation, but I was unable to. I remember it well as news reports about it convinced me to never try marijuana.

The shopping mall, Seminary South was located on the Southeast side of Ft. Worth which, even as early as 1975 was becoming a less than safe area. It had been originally built in 1959 when the area was more middle class, but the area became affected by urban decay and much of the middle class population had migrated to the Southwest part of Ft. Worth by the mid 1970's, leaving the Southeast area's deteriorating houses, and crime behind. However, in 1975, the mall would still have been considered a reasonably safe place to go during the day. The mall is bordered on East side, across a highway, by a very rough neighborhood. Although the mall has been completely redone twice, first as an outlet mall and now re-themed in a Mexican motif with discount retailers, even today, this is not an area that you would want stop in at night. However, in 1975, it was the ONLY mall in town, which is presumably why the girls were shopping there.

http://mallsofamerica.blogspot.com/2006/05/seminary-south-shopping-center.html

The three missing girls lived quite a distance from the mall - in the Southwest "Hulen Street" area if you want to check this out on a map to get an idea of the distance, it would have taken them at least 20 - 30 minutes to get there from their homes. In 1975, Seminary South was an open air shopping mall - still very much like it was when built in 1959 - so although the stores were bunched together in an island type of arrangement, the inside "mall" area was an open air outdoor space with covered walkways and the shops stood in blocks that opened to the outdoors or were their own unique buildings - such as the Sears store.

sexual sadist?

http://www.crimeandclues.com/92feb002.htm

from the above link...

Careful planning epitomizes the crimes of the sexual sadist, who devotes considerable time and effort to the offense. Many demonstrate cunning and methodical planning. The capture of the victim, the selection and preparation of equipment, and the methodical elicitation of suffering often reflect meticulous attention to detail.
    The overwhelming majority of offenders we studied used a pretext or ruse to first make contact with the victims. The sexual sadist would offer or request assistance, pretend to be a police officer, respond to a classified advertisement, meet a realtor at an isolated property, or otherwise gain the confidence of the victim.
    Almost invariably, the victims were taken to a location selected in advance that offered solitude and safety for the sadist and little opportunity of escape or rescue for the victim. Such locations included the offender's residence, isolated forests, and even elaborately constructed facilities designed for captivity.

In my opinion the person whom did this was/is a sexual sadist.
    and perhaps LE should recheck there list of suspects including Richards list and concentrate on those whos MO pertain/involved/preference for young girls.
    It probably/and I am almost 100percent certain it was not, his first time, and the opportunity to abduct two instead of one, he found EXTREMELY exciting.
    What a monster!

Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 08-25-2009 at 08:27 AM.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

I have been reading the threads on this case off and on for awhile, I have not read them all but enough to say I believe the girls were abducted in the parking lot by someone they recognized from earlier in the day. I also think they were killed fairly soon afterward, possibly in a couple hours. The perp or perps had a burial site all ready.
    No I do not claim to be psychic but have found I have pretty good instincts. Those instincts also tell me that whomever did this is probably dead themselves by now.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Good deductions...

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    ...I believe the girls were abducted in the parking lot by someone they recognized from earlier in the day. I also think they were killed fairly soon afterward, possibly in a couple hours. The perp or perps had a burial site all ready.
    No I do not claim to be psychic but have found I have pretty good instincts. Those instincts also tell me that whomever did this is probably dead themselves by now.
    I think that being a psychic involves the kinds of instincts and intuitions that you are familiar with.

One could analyze this case for years and consider many scenarios or possible answers, but your conclusions seem to be the most likely regarding the girls.

As to the perpetrator, I would give it about a 50/50 chance that he is dead. If still alive, it is likely that he is in prison for other similar crimes.

He was probably a serial killer who killed many times before and many times afterward. The fact that no forensic evidence was left behind, and the fact that no bodies have ever been found tends to point to a remote (isolated) burial site.

He may have dug the grave ahead of time, but more likely he did it afterward. In his planning he would have chosen the site and had shovel and pick available. There is a risk in digging a grave in advance, because it could be discovered. Having a grave already dug puts pressure on the perpetrator to fill it before it is seen by someone. Or stated a different way, he has that worry hanging over his head of possible discovery.

Rock creek park?

Just how well has this park been checked over the years 4 missing persons?
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 08-27-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Rock Creek Park Search for Lyon Sisters...

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post

Just how well has this park been checked over the years 4 missing persons?
    Rock Creek Park is quite a large land area, encompassing much more area than appears in the satilite photo link quoted above.

The creek itself actually divides much of Montgomery county and only major roads cross over it.

In May of 1975, there was a large search for the Lyon Sisters conducted in a small portion of Rock Creek Park. The search lasted only one day and involved helicopters and many National Guardsmen. That specific area was more north than your link shows. It was near Muncaster Mill Road.

The search was conducted in an area described by a very famous psychic, Peter Hurkos, who had assisted in the search for the Boston Strangler years earlier.

Some abandoned farm buildings were searched, as well as the woods and fields in the area. Some clothing was found, but John Lyon stated that it did not belong to his daughters.

To my knowledge, that search ended after one day and was never taken up again. There may have been other searches of the Rock Creek Park based on other tips, but I have not read or heard of any.

thankyou...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Rock Creek Park is quite a large land area, encompassing much more area than appears in the satilite photo link quoted above.

The creek itself actually divides much of Montgomery county and only major roads cross over it.

In May of 1975, there was a large search for the Lyon Sisters conducted in a small portion of Rock Creek Park. The search lasted only one day and involved helicopters and many National Guardsmen. That specific area was more north than your link shows. It was near Muncaster Mill Road.

The search was conducted in an area described by a very famous psychic, Peter Hurkos, who had assisted in the search for the Boston Strangler years earlier.

Some abandoned farm buildings were searched, as well as the woods and fields in the area. Some clothing was found, but John Lyon stated that it did not belong to his daughters.

To my knowledge, that search ended after one day and was never taken up again. There may have been other searches of the Rock Creek Park based on other tips, but I have not read or heard of any.
    ok.
    thanks again for responding, i was using Google earth and was searching the area awhile around the home, mall etc.
    and that park caught my interest, with it being so close and big, i assume it had been searched back then, but not sure of the details.
    Ill keep tabs on it awhile, and see if anything new develops, with any other missing persons..

Quote,.The creek itself actually divides much of Montgomery county and only major roads cross over it..End of quote.

I'm going to search the area again, and look for the bridges, to see if one could toss something over the edge of one of these bridges.
    Not from 75, but perhaps more recent but just speculating.

Afterward...

I wonder sometimes what an abductor would have done in the days and weeks which followed an abduction.

Would he follow the case closely in the news papers, on TV and on the radio?

Would he revisit the scene of the abduction or the scene of other crimes?

Would he drive past the victims' house or school?

Would he attempt to get on camera during news coverage?

Would he join in searches or hang around the area?

Or would he simply forget all about it and go on doing whatever he usually does?

Chasing the Tan Ford Station Wagon

mdietz47, welcome to Websleuths.

You posted some interesting comments regarding the chase of the tan Ford Station Wagon which took place back in April of 1975.

Although most newspaper accounts mention only the one IBM employee seeing a tan/beige 1968 Ford Station Wagon with what he believed were two girls bound in the back, I recall hearing that more than just that one man chased/followed the car that day.

In the days which followed the news, many more citizens looked for, and even chased tan station wagons, but I am referring specifically to more than one witness chasing the car in question that day - BEFORE it was reported in the media.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-30-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: clarity of wording

Good job dietz47 !

I consider myself a witness too, after seeing TRM. I understand how you probably feel. I agree with what you have said about this whole ordeal. I have some questions for you about what you saw, if you don't mind.
    1. Did the stationwagon driver run a red lite to get away?
    2. How far did you chase him?
    3. What was his tag #?
    4. What state was the tag issued from?
    5. How was the driver dressed?
    6. What color was the drivers hair?
    7. What road in Va.,did this take place on?
    8. How was Sheila dressed?
    I don't expect you to remember all of these answers, but if you know some of them, it may help us along.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast