1261 users online (282 members and 979 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Teens Torture; Set Cat on Fire

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510063,00.html

I feel sick to my stomach after reading about this poor cat found not being able to move but still crying for help. I wish they WOULD give them 25 years; though of course that will never happen.

I can't even click the link I will never understand how people can be so cruel and heartless.

Silly me. When I was younger and would read articles like this, for some reason, I always thought that when I "grew up", things like this wouldn't happen anymore. Too bad I was wrong. Sick, Sick, Sick! I also used to worry about "free to good home" ads. I would read the classifieds and ALWAYS find a dog that I wanted, but of course my parents wouldn't allow it. And I would get upset because I thought that no one would be giving away animals free when I got old enough to get one. Again, too bad I was wrong. It is so upsetting the things that people come up with to torture animals. What the hell is wrong with some people? Does anyone ever read the National Enquirer? Recently they have started a series about animal abusers and their "punishments" (if you want to call it that), with the opportunity to write to the judge and demand a more fitting punishment. Some of the articles are just so disturbing but at least these people are being "outed". I just hope some of these articles don't give other people ideas.

This is O/T but in an around about way it's simular. When I was a kid back in the 60's and early 70's there was a gaggle of kids that lived in the house 2 doors down from my Grandfather. He told me I couldn't play with the younger ones because he told me that whole family "ain't right".

I remember that two of the older boys had abused cats in the yard, they abused them until they were dead and they did this more than once.

I was looking for an offender in jail in KY and I stumbled across an inmate that was the younger brother of these two boys. He's an adult and he's in Prison for multiple counts of Sexual Abuse of a minor. I always wondered what happened to those two older brothers. I would search but I can't remember the older bros. names.

ETA: Younger brother is in Prison not jail sorry.
    Last edited by Kat; 03-22-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: prison not jail
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I don't have the news article at hand but a similar thing happened last week in Lincoln Nebraska. Two teens had a cell phone video of them tortuing a and killing a cat. Apparently they showed it to dozens of kids- only one reported it. The kids were 'cited.' Apparently they got tickets and at worst maybe some community service time. Amazing how many people out there still don't view this as any big deal.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I wish there was a filter I could put in place to block even seeing these posts. My stomach just drops and my heart aches. I can't read the article. How can people be so cruel? How can you see an animal in pain, suffering, trying to survive and not care or even find it funny?

The punishment for animal cruelty is grossly weak. It makes me sick that torturing an animal is not a felony. I won't get into what I think should happen to these teens. I don't care that they are teenagers. It is no excuse.

This is one of the thousands of reasons I do not let my cats outside. I think I would die of heartbreak if something like this happened to one of them. I would definitely end up in prison.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I also can not bring myself to click on the link.
    My heart is aching just knowing that another innocent, defenseless animal was tortured by malicious, sadistic 'humans'.
    How anybody could ever bring themselves to hurt an animal is far beyond my comprehension. The thought of a person getting pleasure from it...
    These people are soul-less.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

We need much stiffer punishments put in place for the abuse of animals. Make it a felony with mandatory prison time.

Just as there is a sex offender registration, I feel there should be an animal abuser registration. As a public 'shaming', and as a way to keep track of these sadists.

I realize that this may sound far-fetched, but it has been proven that almost all serial killers also tortured animals prior to 'moving on' to children and/or adults.

It is as if the torture of helpless animals is just the play-ground where they hone their 'skills'.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

I couldn't click on the link either. I was hoping to read that these monsters had received a stiff penalty.

As usual, I clicked on the link and, as usual, I wished I hadn't. I just get so upset, sick, and ANGRY over these type of cases!!!! I honestly think I would be capable of brutal murder myself if I caught someone doing this kind of thing to a trusting, helpless little cat. I am a Christian, so I guess I will have to ask forgiveness tonight for the thoughts I have had all day about what I wish would happen to these two usless excuses for human beings.

I didn't read this story, I would have nightmares. Mom was checking Fox News on-line and asked me if I had heard of this case. I told her yes, she knew not to tell me any details, she just told me that they could face up to 25 years, which makes me happy.

Does anyone know if the owner of the cat can sue the boys or the family of the boys?

Two teenagers could spend 25 years in prison for allegedly torturing and killing a cat they set on fire when they broke into an apartment in New York City.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

It was my understanding that the cat just sort of lived there in the apartment building, and trusted everyone and was loved by the people who lived there. The two little POS took the cat from a hallway into a vacant apartment and demonstrated the ugliest possible face of evil in this society by what they did to that little cat. I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I didn't read this story, I would have nightmares. Mom was checking Fox News on-line and asked me if I had heard of this case. I told her yes, she knew not to tell me any details, she just told me that they could face up to 25 years, which makes me happy.

Does anyone know if the owner of the cat can sue the boys or the family of the boys?

I am really surprised that they could receive that much time since animal cruelty laws are still pretty NON-hardcore in most places.

This is very sad and scary behavior for boys this age. I hope they can get some help.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I am really surprised that they could receive that much time since animal cruelty laws are still pretty NON-hardcore in most places.

This is very sad and scary behavior for boys this age. I hope they can get some help.
    I hope they get some help from a fat, smelly, hairy back prisoner named "Brutus".

To ME, animals and children are the MOST INNOCENT in all the world.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    I wish there was a filter I could put in place to block even seeing these posts. My stomach just drops and my heart aches. I can't read the article. How can people be so cruel? How can you see an animal in pain, suffering, trying to survive and not care or even find it funny?

The punishment for animal cruelty is grossly weak. It makes me sick that torturing an animal is not a felony. I won't get into what I think should happen to these teens. I don't care that they are teenagers. It is no excuse.

This is one of the thousands of reasons I do not let my cats outside. I think I would die of heartbreak if something like this happened to one of them. I would definitely end up in prison.
    I totally agree, I have 2 cats that I don't dare let out. I have such passion for animals. I'm always feeding stray animals. My kids tease me about it all the time. Seeing hungry animals or homeless animals really bothers me. I can't stand the thought of someone hurting innocent creatures. I could go on and on......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast