1260 users online (208 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - George Weber, 47, murdered in his Brooklyn home, 22 March 2009

WABC radio news anchor George Weber was reportedly found stabbed to death inside his Brooklyn apartment Sunday morning after failing to show up to work for two days, according to the NY Post.Authorities, who were contacted by Weber's concerned bosses, said they discovered the longtime reporter's lifeless body in his bed shortly before 10 a.m. with multiple stab wound to his neck.
    http://www.wpix.com/landing/?WABC-Ra...16&feedID=1404

He would have turned 58 the day after the murder. I gather it was his boss that asked the police to do a check on this man but they just went over and knocked and when no one answered they left. Nine hours later they went back to check again and a neighbor showed them a door they could go into the apt through. They found this man dead.

There isn't much info yet but hopfully the killer left something behind and is caught soon.

It appears this was an especially brutal crime. May have been someone he met over the internet, per the article.

fran

George Weber's killer left blood at WABC newsman's home, police say

WABC newsman George Weber was slain in a struggle so violent that his killer's blood splattered across the reporter's Brooklyn home, police sources said Monday.

Weber's lifeless body, his ankles bound with duct tape, was discovered in the bedroom of his Carroll Gardens apartment Sunday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c..._at_wabc_.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510446,00.html

(snips)

A 17-year-old Queens youth was being questioned last night in the grisly slaying of radio newsman George Weber, who was stabbed as many as 50 times in his Brooklyn apartment, The Post has learned.
    Cops took the teen into custody upstate and were bringing him to the 76th Precinct station house.
    A source told The Post that Weber, 47, an ABC News radio broadcaster, and the teen had been e-mailing one another.

The killer is believed to be a man the ABC News radio broadcaster brought home to his Carroll Gardens home for a sex romp. Sources said Weber, 47, hooked up often with men he met on Craigslist.

OhMyGosh! ANOTHER Craig's List connection.

That place is scary!

JMHO
    fran

RIP George Weber. I hope they have caught whoever did this brutal crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510446,00.html

(snips)

A 17-year-old Queens youth was being questioned last night in the grisly slaying of radio newsman George Weber, who was stabbed as many as 50 times in his Brooklyn apartment, The Post has learned.
    Cops took the teen into custody upstate and were bringing him to the 76th Precinct station house.
    A source told The Post that Weber, 47, an ABC News radio broadcaster, and the teen had been e-mailing one another.

The killer is believed to be a man the ABC News radio broadcaster brought home to his Carroll Gardens home for a sex romp. Sources said Weber, 47, hooked up often with men he met on Craigslist.
    This wasn't a man he hooked up with. It was technically a child.

"The slaying of radio newsman George Weber has been solved -- and his killer is a 16-year-old teen who told detectives he answered the victim's Internet ad for rough sex, then lost control during a drug-fueled attack, police sources said Wednesday morning.

Detectives found the suspect by tracing Weber's cell phone and Internet activity, the sources said."
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...,7993215.story

I bet his internet activity was "interesting." I wonder if he routinely searched for teens.

wow. This is a strange case.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    This wasn't a man he hooked up with. It was technically a child.
    ITA, I thought that was strange.

I always thought this type of scenario was the reason Nicholas Franciso went missing. Even though he had this dark side, it appeared he loved his kids. Even his wife still says he wouldn't stand up his daughter (they were supposed to make cookies). I think Nicholas hooked up with someone on his way home from work and ended up dead.

I'll never understand how people put themselves at risk like this.

I hate to say I wasn't as shocked as I should have been. no real reason why. this is sad

from Newsday.com
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...27,print.story
    Sources: Newsman George Weber's killer in custody

Suspect in slaying of George Weber is teen who answered Internet ad, police sources say BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA
    rocco.parascandola@newsday.com
    8:52 AM EDT, March 25, 2009

The slaying of radio newsman George Weber has been solved -- and his killer is a 16-year-old teen who told detectives he answered the victim's Internet ad for rough sex, then lost control during a drug-fueled attack, police sources said Wednesday morning.

Detectives found the suspect by tracing Weber's cell phone and Internet activity, the sources said.

The teen confessed to detectives that he answered the Craigslist ad because he saw it as an easy way to make money for smothering someone and engaging in other forms of rough sex, sources said.

The teen, who has not yet been identified, is in custody at the 76th Precinct and is still being questioned. Killer and victim met Friday, sources said, then went to Weber's brownstone apartment on Henry Street, in Carroll Gardens.

The teen tried to clean up after stabbing Weber a number of times, sources said. He left the kitchen and bathroom faucets running, then fled.

Weber, whose ankles had been bound with duct tape, was not discovered until Sunday morning, following the second of two worried phone calls from a colleague at ABC News Radio, where he had worked since last year.

Weber, who would have turned 48 Monday, had previously been known to New Yorkers as the voice of a number of WABC-AM newscasts, including the now-defunct morning show hosted by Curtis Sliwa and Ron Kuby.

Weber was laid off more than a year ago in a cost-cutting move, he wrote on his blog.

(More at Link)

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Have any of you purused the classifieds on Craigslist before? I live in NYC so there is probably much more volume than smaller towns but I am always amazed at the ads people put out there. There are ads for sex slaves, one night stands, business men looking for mistresses, prostitutes advertising. It is amazing how many people will answer them and put themselves into weird situations with complete strangers. A couple years ago out of sheer curiousity I put up an ad posing as a man, used an email account that I never used and within an 2 hour I had over 400 responses mostly from women and I would say only about a quarter of them were prostitutes. BTW - it was not a sexually ad; it was along the lines of being new to the city and looking for someone(s) to experience the city with, etc.
    SCARY.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

So sad - RIP George and my prayers for the young man in jail.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

The young man, according to his myspace page, was a violent satanist. Got to wonder what his parents knew or didn't know about him.
    According to HLN, his father helped LE to locate the teen, who had run off, when he figured out that his son was the one they were looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast