GUILTY NY - George Weber, 47, murdered in his Brooklyn home, 22 March 2009

STEADFAST

Reaction score
He would have turned 58 the day after the murder. I gather it was his boss that asked the police to do a check on this man but they just went over and knocked and when no one answered they left. Nine hours later they went back to check again and a neighbor showed them a door they could go into the apt through. They found this man dead.

There isn't much info yet but hopfully the killer left something behind and is caught soon.

It appears this was an especially brutal crime. May have been someone he met over the internet, per the article. :(

fran

George Weber's killer left blood at WABC newsman's home, police say

WABC newsman George Weber was slain in a struggle so violent that his killer's blood splattered across the reporter's Brooklyn home, police sources said Monday.

Weber's lifeless body, his ankles bound with duct tape, was discovered in the bedroom of his Carroll Gardens apartment Sunday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...george_webers_killer_left_blood_at_wabc_.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510446,00.html

(snips)

A 17-year-old Queens youth was being questioned last night in the grisly slaying of radio newsman George Weber, who was stabbed as many as 50 times in his Brooklyn apartment, The Post has learned.
Cops took the teen into custody upstate and were bringing him to the 76th Precinct station house.
A source told The Post that Weber, 47, an ABC News radio broadcaster, and the teen had been e-mailing one another.

The killer is believed to be a man the ABC News radio broadcaster brought home to his Carroll Gardens home for a sex romp. Sources said Weber, 47, hooked up often with men he met on Craigslist.

OhMyGosh! ANOTHER Craig's List connection.

That place is scary!:eek:

JMHO
fran

RIP George Weber. I hope they have caught whoever did this brutal crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510446,00.html

(snips)

A 17-year-old Queens youth was being questioned last night in the grisly slaying of radio newsman George Weber, who was stabbed as many as 50 times in his Brooklyn apartment, The Post has learned.
Cops took the teen into custody upstate and were bringing him to the 76th Precinct station house.
A source told The Post that Weber, 47, an ABC News radio broadcaster, and the teen had been e-mailing one another.

The killer is believed to be a man the ABC News radio broadcaster brought home to his Carroll Gardens home for a sex romp. Sources said Weber, 47, hooked up often with men he met on Craigslist.

This wasn't a man he hooked up with. It was technically a child.

"The slaying of radio newsman George Weber has been solved -- and his killer is a 16-year-old teen who told detectives he answered the victim's Internet ad for rough sex, then lost control during a drug-fueled attack, police sources said Wednesday morning.

Detectives found the suspect by tracing Weber's cell phone and Internet activity, the sources said."
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nynews0326,0,7993215.story

I bet his internet activity was "interesting." I wonder if he routinely searched for teens.

wow. This is a strange case.

I always thought this type of scenario was the reason Nicholas Franciso went missing. Even though he had this dark side, it appeared he loved his kids. Even his wife still says he wouldn't stand up his daughter (they were supposed to make cookies). I think Nicholas hooked up with someone on his way home from work and ended up dead.

I'll never understand how people put themselves at risk like this.

I hate to say I wasn't as shocked as I should have been. no real reason why. this is sad :(

from Newsday.com
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nynews0326,0,1252427,print.story
Sources: Newsman George Weber's killer in custody

Suspect in slaying of George Weber is teen who answered Internet ad, police sources say BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA
rocco.parascandola@newsday.com
8:52 AM EDT, March 25, 2009

The slaying of radio newsman George Weber has been solved -- and his killer is a 16-year-old teen who told detectives he answered the victim's Internet ad for rough sex, then lost control during a drug-fueled attack, police sources said Wednesday morning.

Detectives found the suspect by tracing Weber's cell phone and Internet activity, the sources said.

The teen confessed to detectives that he answered the Craigslist ad because he saw it as an easy way to make money for smothering someone and engaging in other forms of rough sex, sources said.

The teen, who has not yet been identified, is in custody at the 76th Precinct and is still being questioned. Killer and victim met Friday, sources said, then went to Weber's brownstone apartment on Henry Street, in Carroll Gardens.

The teen tried to clean up after stabbing Weber a number of times, sources said. He left the kitchen and bathroom faucets running, then fled.

Weber, whose ankles had been bound with duct tape, was not discovered until Sunday morning, following the second of two worried phone calls from a colleague at ABC News Radio, where he had worked since last year.

Weber, who would have turned 48 Monday, had previously been known to New Yorkers as the voice of a number of WABC-AM newscasts, including the now-defunct morning show hosted by Curtis Sliwa and Ron Kuby.

Weber was laid off more than a year ago in a cost-cutting move, he wrote on his blog.

(More at Link)

Have any of you purused the classifieds on Craigslist before? I live in NYC so there is probably much more volume than smaller towns but I am always amazed at the ads people put out there. There are ads for sex slaves, one night stands, business men looking for mistresses, prostitutes advertising. It is amazing how many people will answer them and put themselves into weird situations with complete strangers. A couple years ago out of sheer curiousity I put up an ad posing as a man, used an email account that I never used and within an 2 hour I had over 400 responses mostly from women and I would say only about a quarter of them were prostitutes. BTW - it was not a sexually ad; it was along the lines of being new to the city and looking for someone(s) to experience the city with, etc.
SCARY.

The young man, according to his myspace page, was a violent satanist. Got to wonder what his parents knew or didn't know about him.
According to HLN, his father helped LE to locate the teen, who had run off, when he figured out that his son was the one they were looking for.

Weber didn't advertise that he was looking for a teen. The teen is the one who answered the ad and most likely lied about his age.

Weber didn't advertise that he was looking for a teen. The teen is the one who answered the ad and most likely lied about his age.

Once the teen showed up couldn't Weber have refused to their have their little party? I know some people look older than their age and some younger so it might not have been obvious. Such risky behavior (for both of them).

All of the teen's myspace and other online profiles have been cancelled.

I am scared to even look at those ads on Cragslist. I never want anything like that linked to this login. I have gone on to look for things like fishtanks and Vera Bradley stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back