1398 users online (263 members and 1135 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Man in CA tries to kidnap 2 girls from library

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=6724395

Rainer Russel Rickford, 49, was arrested Saturday afternoon on suspicion of attempted kidnapping with the intent to commit a lewd act with a minor.
    Burbank police say Rickford approached the girls in the children's section of the library at 110 N. Glenoaks Blvd. He allegedly told the girls he had a dog in his car and wanted them to go outside and pet it. Rickford also offered the girls snacks.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Frightening! I'm glad the girls were not harmed. It always amazes me that even in this day and age children are so easily controled by adults. At 10 they should know better than to talk to a stranger, go see his dog, or take snacks offered by him. Yet obviously this man was suave enough to control two 10 year olds. Scary.

Wow! I'm really glad that nothing happened to these two girls, and that the piece of crap was arrested before something much worse occurred. It's so scary to think that these type of people will do whatever it takes to lure kids in. I'm just glad the cops were able to find him in time.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Frightening! I'm glad the girls were not harmed. It always amazes me that even in this day and age children are so easily controled by adults. At 10 they should know better than to talk to a stranger, go see his dog, or take snacks offered by him. Yet obviously this man was suave enough to control two 10 year olds. Scary.
    I didn't get the impression that the girls went with the man to see the dog or took snacks from him. They reported him to the librarian.

I'm so glad the girls knew enough to tell the librarian. This could have been another tragedy, but these girls were taught well about strangers. Kudos to the parents, the girls, and the librarian.