Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 293

Thread: McCanns launch new appeal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142

    McCanns launch new appeal

    I wasnt sure if this warranted a new thread or not?

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...or_Information

    The funny thing is - well actually its not funny at all but - we keep reading on this forum oh did you read the report well did you?. Ok the Public Prosecutor who HAS seen all the files last year regarding this case on the 6th of August stated in a interview with the Correiomanha.pt that Madeleine was dead and that she died that night in the apartment. He TOTALLY disregards the theory that any kidnapping occurred. He said that the McCanns were negligent but doesnt believe the McCanns killed her - so my guess would be some sort of accident while they was out enjoying themselves. Now after reading the files - which some take to be gospel he made this view known ..of course it wasnt widely released over here what he said. Now bearing all this in mind..just why are they doing another appeal now? Because the funds are drying up?

    And really...the locals are fed up of the McCann circus. They want to put it all behind them especially with the tourist season about to start again. They have lost a lot of money already in loss of tourism because of all this. Bearing in mind most of the locals feel that the McCanns are guilty why on earth would the McCanns think that the locals would give any information to the people they believe to be RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to there daughter?
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    2,936
    I am wondering whether a body might be found in the Burgau area, but then I am very suspicious of the motives behind everything this couple do

    Right from the start, I have had a gut feeling that this pair know exactly where their daughter is
    England's dancing days are done...

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    I wasnt sure if this warranted a new thread or not?

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...or_Information

    The funny thing is - well actually its not funny at all but - we keep reading on this forum oh did you read the report well did you?. Ok the Public Prosecutor who HAS seen all the files last year regarding this case on the 6th of August stated in a interview with the Correiomanha.pt that Madeleine was dead and that she died that night in the apartment. He TOTALLY disregards the theory that any kidnapping occurred. He said that the McCanns were negligent but doesnt believe the McCanns killed her - so my guess would be some sort of accident while they was out enjoying themselves. Now after reading the files - which some take to be gospel he made this view known ..of course it wasnt widely released over here what he said. Now bearing all this in mind..just why are they doing another appeal now? Because the funds are drying up?

    And really...the locals are fed up of the McCann circus. They want to put it all behind them especially with the tourist season about to start again. They have lost a lot of money already in loss of tourism because of all this. Bearing in mind most of the locals feel that the McCanns are guilty why on earth would the McCanns think that the locals would give any information to the people they believe to be RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to there daughter?
    Fraud = thats what this new appeal is - where is the LAW!!!!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,360
    The official Find Madeleine Fund said in a statement: "At the time of Madeleine's disappearance the emphasis was placed more on international appeals.

    "It has been recognised that the local Portuguese residents of Praia da Luz and the surrounding areas have never been properly asked about information they may have to give. (from Sky News.)

    Are you kidding me? Who "recognizes" that the residents were never "properly asked?" This implies that the locals were some kind of backward village that was blithely unaware that a little girl had gone missing! When in fact, they were the ones actually out searching and talking about the missing little girl--even to the point that a local herdsman was pulled in for questioning following his unlucky resemblance to Jane Tanner's recreated memory of the oh-now-I-remember-what-he-looked-like abductor!

    I believe also the McCanns have always known exactly where Madeleine is. It's why Kate could say with such defiance "I sleep fine!" very early after the disappearance and why their comments have always focused on "hope she's being treated like a princess."

    They sacrificed a proper burial for their child so they could keep the twins (again, notice how often the twins are mentioned and referred to in every interview--an odd thing for a couple who believed they were stalked before their child was abducted) and they took Maddie's photo to be blessed by the pope as their funeral mass.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texana For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    I wasnt sure if this warranted a new thread or not?

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...or_Information

    The funny thing is - well actually its not funny at all but - we keep reading on this forum oh did you read the report well did you?. Ok the Public Prosecutor who HAS seen all the files last year regarding this case on the 6th of August stated in a interview with the Correiomanha.pt that Madeleine was dead and that she died that night in the apartment. He TOTALLY disregards the theory that any kidnapping occurred. He said that the McCanns were negligent but doesnt believe the McCanns killed her - so my guess would be some sort of accident while they was out enjoying themselves. Now after reading the files - which some take to be gospel he made this view known ..of course it wasnt widely released over here what he said. Now bearing all this in mind..just why are they doing another appeal now? Because the funds are drying up?

    And really...the locals are fed up of the McCann circus. They want to put it all behind them especially with the tourist season about to start again. They have lost a lot of money already in loss of tourism because of all this. Bearing in mind most of the locals feel that the McCanns are guilty why on earth would the McCanns think that the locals would give any information to the people they believe to be RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to there daughter?
    Goodness, if what you say is true, that would certainly put me off going to Portugal and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Who would want to vacation in a place which judges people guilt of murder without a shred of evidence and who regards the case of a missing child as a "circus" which puts off tourists?

    I'll pass this information on to some friends of mine who are currently thinking about going to Portugal for a couple of weeks at Easter. They are torn between Portugal and Cyprus but I'm sure this would swing the balance in favour of Cyprus.

    Thanks for the warning Isabella.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Goodness, if what you say is true, that would certainly put me off going to Portugal and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Who would want to vacation in a place which judges people guilt of murder without a shred of evidence and who regards the case of a missing child as a "circus" which puts off tourists?

    I'll pass this information on to some friends of mine who are currently thinking about going to Portugal for a couple of weeks at Easter. They are torn between Portugal and Cyprus but I'm sure this would swing the balance in favour of Cyprus.

    Thanks for the warning Isabella.
    Without a shred of evidence? You must be kidding. IMO there was plenty of evidence ..and the person who said that had seen ALL the evidence..unlike us MOO

    As for your friends - unless they leave there kids i doubt they would have any problems. MOO
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Without a shred of evidence? You must be kidding. IMO there was plenty of evidence ..and the person who said that had seen ALL the evidence..unlike us MOO

    As for your friends - unless they leave there kids i doubt they would have any problems. MOO
    If there had been one shred of evidence that the McCanns had physically harmed Madeleine, the Portuguese police would have arrested them and charged them. Of that I have no doubt. I know there was plenty of rumour and misinformation and that a lot of people believed it and made fools of themselves into the bargain. Most of them seem to have disappeared now for some strange reason.

    Just one shred of evidence is all that was needed to save the PJ's reputation and we are yet to hear about it.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    If there had been one shred of evidence that the McCanns had physically harmed Madeleine, the Portuguese police would have arrested them and charged them. Of that I have no doubt. I know there was plenty of rumour and misinformation and that a lot of people believed it and made fools of themselves into the bargain. Most of them seem to have disappeared now for some strange reason.

    Just one shred of evidence is all that was needed to save the PJ's reputation and we are yet to hear about it.

    If you read what i put - i didnt say that the prosecutor said they harmed her. From the sounds of it hes saying she died somehow while they was out.

    Ad as a Brit - like many many others in this country we dont believe justice was carried out.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    If there had been one shred of evidence that the McCanns had physically harmed Madeleine, the Portuguese police would have arrested them and charged them. Of that I have no doubt. I know there was plenty of rumour and misinformation and that a lot of people believed it and made fools of themselves into the bargain. Most of them seem to have disappeared now for some strange reason.

    Just one shred of evidence is all that was needed to save the PJ's reputation and we are yet to hear about it.
    Absolutely right Jayelles!

    And the link above makes no mention of any prosecutors "opinion."

    This is the conclusion of the actual prosecutors who dealt with the case.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2504246/Madeleine-McCann-files-Portuguese-prosecutors-criticise-police.html


    Detectives' inability even to establish whether the toddler is alive or dead epitomised the inquiry's shortcomings, said public prosecutors Jose de Magalhaes and Joao Melchior Gomes.

    "No element of proof whatsoever was found which allows us to form any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances (of Madeleine's disappearance).

    There was speculation that the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, may have been charged with "abandonment", which can incur a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

    But Mr Magalhaes said Mr and Mrs McCann did not believe their children were in any danger when they left Madeleine and her younger twin siblings.

    "It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said.


    Mr Magalhaes said all the theories – including the possibility that the couple had accidentally killed their daughter and disposed of her body – had come to nothing.

    He concluded:"While it is a fact that Madeleine disappeared from the Ocean Club apartment, the circumstances and manner of how this happened is not known."
    Last edited by april4sky; 03-26-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: added

    .....Madeleine McCann.....

  18. #10
    A new appeal? In and around Praia Da Luz? What an absolute waste of time. I do not blame the people for ripping up posters. Once again, the McCanns are rubbishing the people of Portugal. This is a protest against the McCanns and not Madeleine. The McCanns know exactly what happened to her, all this is doing is keeping up the charade and the coffers are empty, they need to top up the fund to pay for their corrupt PI's!

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_miss_smart For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by april4sky View Post
    Absolutely right Jayelles!

    And the link above makes no mention of any prosecutors "opinion."

    This is the conclusion of the actual prosecutors who dealt with the case.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2504246/Madeleine-McCann-files-Portuguese-prosecutors-criticise-police.html


    Detectives' inability even to establish whether the toddler is alive or dead epitomised the inquiry's shortcomings, said public prosecutors Jose de Magalhaes and Joao Melchior Gomes.

    "No element of proof whatsoever was found which allows us to form any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances (of Madeleine's disappearance).

    There was speculation that the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, may have been charged with "abandonment", which can incur a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

    But Mr Magalhaes said Mr and Mrs McCann did not believe their children were in any danger when they left Madeleine and her younger twin siblings.

    "It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said.

    Mr Magalhaes said all the theories – including the possibility that the couple had accidentally killed their daughter and disposed of her body – had come to nothing.

    He concluded:"While it is a fact that Madeleine disappeared from the Ocean Club apartment, the circumstances and manner of how this happened is not known."

    From that article

    "We must also recognise that the parents are already paying a heavy penalty - the disappearance of Madeleine - for their carelessness in monitoring and protecting their children."

    And then you keep saying he doesnt think there neglectful.

    Also fr om the same report - the part you have bolded..
    "It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said. What i actually said ( If you read it properly) was that Madeleine died in the room, was not abducted and that the parents didnt do it. So basically you have 3 choices. An accident happened while the McCanns were out drinking, the twins done something to Madeleine or someone else came in and killed her. The problem IMO is with someone else having come in and killed her is the time line if the body has to be in the room for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. IMO Madeleiene was dead when the couple went out that evening OR they really left earlier than they claimed they did.
    And again the interview i saw was in the CDM newspaper and for that matter was later than the report in the Telegraph and the offical report. Who knows _ maybe once the report was written he thought he could say how he felt?
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  21. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142

    I apologise if we arent meant to link to this blog. The posters in PDL are being torn down ....

    http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/200...-torn-off.html

    From the article.."Tiredness and indignation were, in fact, the emotions shown to CM by the locals. For Ana Santos, this campaign by the McCanns “is a clown circus. It’s normal that people remove the posters, because they have nothing to do with what happened and they’ve been seriously hit”. Emílio Caracol says he’s “fed up”. And he adds: “I don’t know the McCanns. I’ve had two children and I’ve guarded them, and I guard my four grandchildren as well.”


    Really...that says it all IMO
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    I apologise if we arent meant to link to this blog. The posters in PDL are being torn down ....

    http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/200...-torn-off.html

    From the article.."Tiredness and indignation were, in fact, the emotions shown to CM by the locals. For Ana Santos, this campaign by the McCanns “is a clown circus. It’s normal that people remove the posters, because they have nothing to do with what happened and they’ve been seriously hit”. Emílio Caracol says he’s “fed up”. And he adds: “I don’t know the McCanns. I’ve had two children and I’ve guarded them, and I guard my four grandchildren as well.”


    Really...that says it all IMO
    It does say it all and IMO it's why their tourist trade is suffering.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by little_miss_smart View Post
    A new appeal? In and around Praia Da Luz? What an absolute waste of time. I do not blame the people for ripping up posters. Once again, the McCanns are rubbishing the people of Portugal. This is a protest against the McCanns and not Madeleine. The McCanns know exactly what happened to her, all this is doing is keeping up the charade and the coffers are empty, they need to top up the fund to pay for their corrupt PI's!
    I don't know understand how you interpret this latest appeal as "rubbishing the people of Portugal". An appeal for help in finding a missing child?

    The people who are REALLY failing Madeleine are those who have decided she is dead and who are mocking the search to find her.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    I don't know understand how you interpret this latest appeal as "rubbishing the people of Portugal". An appeal for help in finding a missing child?

    The people who are REALLY failing Madeleine are those who have decided she is dead and who are mocking the search to find her.
    Talk is cheap. If they really want to "find there daughter" let them go to Portugal and answer any questions the PJS have. And for that matter do a reconstruction. AND hire proper search people NOT Metado. Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"


    With all respect - if they have read the prosecutor saying shes dead - well they cant be blamed for thinking she is dead.

    And IMO the people who failed her are the people who allowed her to be in a situation where anything could happen to her. And for the record that was NOT the locals.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    It does say it all and IMO it's why their tourist trade is suffering.
    Following this post - i would like people on this thread to go here and read the 5th post down. Its by a Portugese poster and I think it explains so well things from the Portugese poing of view. There is more emotion and more feeling in her post about how they felt and how the events have affected them - than i have EVER seen from a member of the McCanns or there friends.

    http://www.the3arguidos.net/forum/vi...502d&start=240

    Again - its the 5th post down and i would defy any one to not be moved by her account of life there.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabella For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Talk is cheap. If they really want to "find there daughter" let them go to Portugal and answer any questions the PJS have. And for that matter do a reconstruction. AND hire proper search people NOT Metado. Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"


    With all respect - if they have read the prosecutor saying shes dead - well they cant be blamed for thinking she is dead.

    And IMO the people who failed her are the people who allowed her to be in a situation where anything could happen to her. And for the record that was NOT the locals.
    Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

    IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

    IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

    However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

    Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"

    Tell me about the texts. Please include sources.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  34. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

    IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

    IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

    However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

    Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.
    Madeleine was kidnapped? Oh wow. Some new news at last on this case. When has it ever been confirmed that she was kidnapped?

    A link to the confirmation please?

    TIA

    If and I say IF the attacks are decreasing its only because our press wont press anything negative on the McCanns. Otherwise i can assure you it wouldnt be decreasing at all. ..but again..if they want them to stop let them take lie detector tests..let them do reconstruction..let them speak to the pjs...because otherwise its all just show sorry.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  35. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Tell me about the texts. Please include sources.
    If you had followed the case you would know there was a number of texts that the pjs wanted to be used in evidence. They was texts made during the day of her "disapperance " and the days following it.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  36. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

    IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

    IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

    However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

    Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.

    Hi Jayelles, I appreciate your post, but you start it out with the unproven premise that Madeleine was abducted, stating it like it is a fact.

    In the very beginning of the case the police ran with the idea abduction could be a possibility, with great encouragement from the English LE. They found no evidence of that and the dogs sealed the fate of an abduction theory IMO

    I also don't believe if the Portuguese authorities had any evidence against the McCann's they would have been arrested immediately.

    When Kate was made an Arguido it has been written the police wanted to arrest her at that point. It wasn't done, possibly as the political air with the involvement of the Englilsh powers that be, as they were stiffling.

    Also we have learned that the Portuguese move at a much slower pace than we do here in the States or in England. It is just their way of meting out Justice and works for them. It is my fervent wish that one day soon the last piece of the puzzle will fall into place and Madeleine will have Justice.

    xox

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:


  38. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

    IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

    IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

    However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

    Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.
    Starting with the assumption that she was in truth abducted, based only only on the relatively small (and disputed evidence) is from the get-go, a nonstarter and completely illogical.

    Personal opinions of the McCanns as hard working or decent people are just that--opinions. The facts are there and the evidence--or lack of it--is there as well.

    The fact that the McCanns have been working "tirelessly" on "projects which will help missing children in the future" has nothing to do with the reality of Madeleine's actual fate. Those two realities exist independently of each other.

    It is also completely illogical to say that but for their leaving their child alone, another child might have been abducted. That's about the same as saying, 'If I hadn't run over YOUR cat, I might have run over someone else's!" Or, "If you hadn't left your purse in your unlocked car, I might have stolen someone else's." Perhaps everyone else would have had much better foresight and basic common sense; but this argument again, presupposes Madeleine was truly abducted.

    Personally, I believe that the McCanns may very well work "tirelessly" well into the future as a way of assuaging their guilt over leaving Madeleine alone that night and sacrificing--as they saw it--her proper burial for the sake of the twins. They need not have my approval

    Facts so far, not opinions:

    The McCanns left their children alone on more than one night, thus leaving open the possibility of an accident occuring to any of the three young children.

    The McCanns' timeline and those of the Tapas 9 diners differ and the actual accounts vary widely in time and scope.

    The shutters that the McCanns claim were "jemmied open" show little or no damage. They claim that the abductor must have come in through an open, unlocked door (the actual unlocked door also was changed in their accounts as to which door was left unlocked) and then left, carrying Madeleine through the window.

    The McCanns allowed their friends to enter the apartment and contaminate the evidence although Kate insisted from the beginning that Madeleine had been abducted. (Interestingly enough, the words she used to her family were, "She's gone.") As doctors, they had some basic awareness of preserving crime scenes, DNA evidence, etc, but they did not allowed this to happen all the same. Even with a contaminated crime scene, no fibers, fingerprints, or trace evidence of an intruder was ever recovered.

    Blood evidence did not rule out Madeleine's unexplained presence in the boot of the Renault. The blood evidence as tested by British FSS did not allow for the presence of any other human being as no markers were found that could not have belonged to Madeleine.

    The cadaver dog and the blood evidence dog both hit upon the same spots in the car and the Renault. Dogs, highly trained and very successful ones, have no personal bias or opinion. They know nothing or care nothing about the McCanns.

    You say that the McCanns made a "seriously bad judgment" but if you read everything they have ever said, you will see that at no time did they ever admit or accept that they had bad judgment. They not only defended their decision, they even said they would make the same decision again. They have to this day never spoken out against against the practice of "baby listening" which supposedly as an accepted practice, gave them the confidence to leave their children alone. The fact--and not the opinion here--is that the McCanns have never acknowledged that in any way they used bad judgment.

    So the people insisting that their child was abducted are the same people who in your opinion, used "seriously" bad judgment" and yet don't admit to even a hint of that. That in and of itself, is a fact that should make one pause before leaping to their defense.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texana For This Useful Post:


  40. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Madeleine was kidnapped? Oh wow. Some new news at last on this case. When has it ever been confirmed that she was kidnapped?

    A link to the confirmation please?

    TIA

    If and I say IF the attacks are decreasing its only because our press wont press anything negative on the McCanns. Otherwise i can assure you it wouldnt be decreasing at all. ..but again..if they want them to stop let them take lie detector tests..let them do reconstruction..let them speak to the pjs...because otherwise its all just show sorry.
    You've got me there. I mispoke and should have said abducted.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  41. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    If you had followed the case you would know there was a number of texts that the pjs wanted to be used in evidence. They was texts made during the day of her "disapperance " and the days following it.
    Well I have followed the case via what I consider to be the most reliable sources - namely the BBC and newspapers like the Guardian. I take tabloid stories with a pinch of salt.

    I don't recall ever reading about text messages other than unsubstantiated claims on an anti-McCann forum that the McCanns most recent text messages had been deleted.

    I'd be really interested to read about this if you have a source for it.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  42. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Jayelles, I appreciate your post, but you start it out with the unproven premise that Madeleine was abducted, stating it like it is a fact.

    In the very beginning of the case the police ran with the idea abduction could be a possibility, with great encouragement from the English LE. They found no evidence of that and the dogs sealed the fate of an abduction theory IMO

    I also don't believe if the Portuguese authorities had any evidence against the McCann's they would have been arrested immediately.

    When Kate was made an Arguido it has been written the police wanted to arrest her at that point. It wasn't done, possibly as the political air with the involvement of the Englilsh powers that be, as they were stiffling.

    Also we have learned that the Portuguese move at a much slower pace than we do here in the States or in England. It is just their way of meting out Justice and works for them. It is my fervent wish that one day soon the last piece of the puzzle will fall into place and Madeleine will have Justice.

    xox
    Hi Scandi. As I see it, the only thing we know for certain is that she was taken from the flat and without concrete evidence that she was dead at the time, I believe that would be abduction until proven otherwise. Of course some people might believe she wandered off herself, but even then, her ultimate disappearance suggests that she must have been taken by whomever found her.

    There is not one shred of doubt in my mind that she was abducted as her parents have claimed she was. Now whilst I have been a long term fencesitter in the Ramsey case, I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar on the Ramseys being innocent. I concede that the Ramseys had means and opportunity to murder their daughter even if I think it's unlikely they did so. As I see it, the McCanns had neither means nor opportunity to murder their daughter and then dispose of her body.

    Everything the McCanns have done speaks to me of their non-involvement. From their remaining at the resort for four months to their desperate trip to see the Pope.

    I think this case will be solved when someone speaks out. It might take a relationship to break down for that to happen.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelles For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK tabloids apologize to McCanns
    By hipmamajen in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 03:47 AM
  2. Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?
    By Salem in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
  3. Why do the McCanns care about us?
    By hcc2007 in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:18 PM
  4. Case Against The Mccanns Is Strong
    By poco in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
  5. McCanns Leave PT Sunday 09.09.07
    By petra in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 09:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •