McCanns launch new appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Thank you! Justice for Meredith!
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if this warranted a new thread or not?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK..._And_Kate_Launch_Fresh_Appeal_For_Information

The funny thing is - well actually its not funny at all but - we keep reading on this forum oh did you read the report well did you?. Ok the Public Prosecutor who HAS seen all the files last year regarding this case on the 6th of August stated in a interview with the Correiomanha.pt that Madeleine was dead and that she died that night in the apartment. He TOTALLY disregards the theory that any kidnapping occurred. He said that the McCanns were negligent but doesnt believe the McCanns killed her - so my guess would be some sort of accident while they was out enjoying themselves. Now after reading the files - which some take to be gospel he made this view known ..of course it wasnt widely released over here what he said. Now bearing all this in mind..just why are they doing another appeal now? Because the funds are drying up?

And really...the locals are fed up of the McCann circus. They want to put it all behind them especially with the tourist season about to start again. They have lost a lot of money already in loss of tourism because of all this. Bearing in mind most of the locals feel that the McCanns are guilty why on earth would the McCanns think that the locals would give any information to the people they believe to be RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to there daughter?

I am wondering whether a body might be found in the Burgau area, but then I am very suspicious of the motives behind everything this couple do:bang:

Right from the start, I have had a gut feeling that this pair know exactly where their daughter is :mad:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK..._And_Kate_Launch_Fresh_Appeal_For_Information

The funny thing is - well actually its not funny at all but - we keep reading on this forum oh did you read the report well did you?. Ok the Public Prosecutor who HAS seen all the files last year regarding this case on the 6th of August stated in a interview with the Correiomanha.pt that Madeleine was dead and that she died that night in the apartment. He TOTALLY disregards the theory that any kidnapping occurred. He said that the McCanns were negligent but doesnt believe the McCanns killed her - so my guess would be some sort of accident while they was out enjoying themselves. Now after reading the files - which some take to be gospel he made this view known ..of course it wasnt widely released over here what he said. Now bearing all this in mind..just why are they doing another appeal now? Because the funds are drying up?

And really...the locals are fed up of the McCann circus. They want to put it all behind them especially with the tourist season about to start again. They have lost a lot of money already in loss of tourism because of all this. Bearing in mind most of the locals feel that the McCanns are guilty why on earth would the McCanns think that the locals would give any information to the people they believe to be RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to there daughter?

Fraud = thats what this new appeal is - where is the LAW!!!!

The official Find Madeleine Fund said in a statement: "At the time of Madeleine's disappearance the emphasis was placed more on international appeals.

"It has been recognised that the local Portuguese residents of Praia da Luz and the surrounding areas have never been properly asked about information they may have to give. (from Sky News.)

Are you kidding me? Who "recognizes" that the residents were never "properly asked?" This implies that the locals were some kind of backward village that was blithely unaware that a little girl had gone missing! When in fact, they were the ones actually out searching and talking about the missing little girl--even to the point that a local herdsman was pulled in for questioning following his unlucky resemblance to Jane Tanner's recreated memory of the oh-now-I-remember-what-he-looked-like abductor!

I believe also the McCanns have always known exactly where Madeleine is. It's why Kate could say with such defiance "I sleep fine!" very early after the disappearance and why their comments have always focused on "hope she's being treated like a princess."

They sacrificed a proper burial for their child so they could keep the twins (again, notice how often the twins are mentioned and referred to in every interview--an odd thing for a couple who believed they were stalked before their child was abducted) and they took Maddie's photo to be blessed by the pope as their funeral mass.

Goodness, if what you say is true, that would certainly put me off going to Portugal and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Who would want to vacation in a place which judges people guilt of murder without a shred of evidence and who regards the case of a missing child as a "circus" which puts off tourists?

I'll pass this information on to some friends of mine who are currently thinking about going to Portugal for a couple of weeks at Easter. They are torn between Portugal and Cyprus but I'm sure this would swing the balance in favour of Cyprus.

Thanks for the warning Isabella.

Goodness, if what you say is true, that would certainly put me off going to Portugal and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Who would want to vacation in a place which judges people guilt of murder without a shred of evidence and who regards the case of a missing child as a "circus" which puts off tourists?

I'll pass this information on to some friends of mine who are currently thinking about going to Portugal for a couple of weeks at Easter. They are torn between Portugal and Cyprus but I'm sure this would swing the balance in favour of Cyprus.

Thanks for the warning Isabella.

Without a shred of evidence? You must be kidding. IMO there was plenty of evidence ..and the person who said that had seen ALL the evidence..unlike us MOO

As for your friends - unless they leave there kids i doubt they would have any problems. MOO

Without a shred of evidence? You must be kidding. IMO there was plenty of evidence ..and the person who said that had seen ALL the evidence..unlike us MOO

As for your friends - unless they leave there kids i doubt they would have any problems. MOO

If there had been one shred of evidence that the McCanns had physically harmed Madeleine, the Portuguese police would have arrested them and charged them. Of that I have no doubt. I know there was plenty of rumour and misinformation and that a lot of people believed it and made fools of themselves into the bargain. Most of them seem to have disappeared now for some strange reason.

Just one shred of evidence is all that was needed to save the PJ's reputation and we are yet to hear about it.

If there had been one shred of evidence that the McCanns had physically harmed Madeleine, the Portuguese police would have arrested them and charged them. Of that I have no doubt. I know there was plenty of rumour and misinformation and that a lot of people believed it and made fools of themselves into the bargain. Most of them seem to have disappeared now for some strange reason.

Just one shred of evidence is all that was needed to save the PJ's reputation and we are yet to hear about it.

If you read what i put - i didnt say that the prosecutor said they harmed her. From the sounds of it hes saying she died somehow while they was out.

Ad as a Brit - like many many others in this country we dont believe justice was carried out.

Absolutely right Jayelles!

And the link above makes no mention of any prosecutors "opinion." :waitasec:

This is the conclusion of the actual prosecutors who dealt with the case.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2504246/Madeleine-McCann-files-Portuguese-prosecutors-criticise-police.html

Detectives' inability even to establish whether the toddler is alive or dead epitomised the inquiry's shortcomings, said public prosecutors Jose de Magalhaes and Joao Melchior Gomes.

"No element of proof whatsoever was found which allows us to form any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances (of Madeleine's disappearance).

There was speculation that the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, may have been charged with "abandonment", which can incur a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

But Mr Magalhaes said Mr and Mrs McCann did not believe their children were in any danger when they left Madeleine and her younger twin siblings.

"It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said.

Mr Magalhaes said all the theories – including the possibility that the couple had accidentally killed their daughter and disposed of her body – had come to nothing.

He concluded:"While it is a fact that Madeleine disappeared from the Ocean Club apartment, the circumstances and manner of how this happened is not known."

A new appeal? In and around Praia Da Luz? What an absolute waste of time. I do not blame the people for ripping up posters. Once again, the McCanns are rubbishing the people of Portugal. This is a protest against the McCanns and not Madeleine. The McCanns know exactly what happened to her, all this is doing is keeping up the charade and the coffers are empty, they need to top up the fund to pay for their corrupt PI's!

Absolutely right Jayelles!

And the link above makes no mention of any prosecutors "opinion." :waitasec:

This is the conclusion of the actual prosecutors who dealt with the case.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2504246/Madeleine-McCann-files-Portuguese-prosecutors-criticise-police.html

Detectives' inability even to establish whether the toddler is alive or dead epitomised the inquiry's shortcomings, said public prosecutors Jose de Magalhaes and Joao Melchior Gomes.

"No element of proof whatsoever was found which allows us to form any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances (of Madeleine's disappearance).

There was speculation that the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, may have been charged with "abandonment", which can incur a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

But Mr Magalhaes said Mr and Mrs McCann did not believe their children were in any danger when they left Madeleine and her younger twin siblings.

"It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said.

Mr Magalhaes said all the theories – including the possibility that the couple had accidentally killed their daughter and disposed of her body – had come to nothing.

He concluded:"While it is a fact that Madeleine disappeared from the Ocean Club apartment, the circumstances and manner of how this happened is not known."

From that article

"We must also recognise that the parents are already paying a heavy penalty - the disappearance of Madeleine - for their carelessness in monitoring and protecting their children."

And then you keep saying he doesnt think there neglectful.

Also fr om the same report - the part you have bolded..
"It is obvious that neither of the defendants, Gerald or Kate, acted with intent," they said. What i actually said ( If you read it properly) was that Madeleine died in the room, was not abducted and that the parents didnt do it. So basically you have 3 choices. An accident happened while the McCanns were out drinking, the twins done something to Madeleine or someone else came in and killed her. The problem IMO is with someone else having come in and killed her is the time line if the body has to be in the room for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. IMO Madeleiene was dead when the couple went out that evening OR they really left earlier than they claimed they did.
And again the interview i saw was in the CDM newspaper and for that matter was later than the report in the Telegraph and the offical report. Who knows _ maybe once the report was written he thought he could say how he felt?

I apologise if we arent meant to link to this blog. The posters in PDL are being torn down ....

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/03/maddie-posters-torn-off.html

From the article.."Tiredness and indignation were, in fact, the emotions shown to CM by the locals. For Ana Santos, this campaign by the McCanns “is a clown circus. It’s normal that people remove the posters, because they have nothing to do with what happened and they’ve been seriously hit”. Emílio Caracol says he’s “fed up”. And he adds: “I don’t know the McCanns. I’ve had two children and I’ve guarded them, and I guard my four grandchildren as well.”

Really...that says it all IMO

I apologise if we arent meant to link to this blog. The posters in PDL are being torn down ....

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/03/maddie-posters-torn-off.html

From the article.."Tiredness and indignation were, in fact, the emotions shown to CM by the locals. For Ana Santos, this campaign by the McCanns “is a clown circus. It’s normal that people remove the posters, because they have nothing to do with what happened and they’ve been seriously hit”. Emílio Caracol says he’s “fed up”. And he adds: “I don’t know the McCanns. I’ve had two children and I’ve guarded them, and I guard my four grandchildren as well.”

Really...that says it all IMO

It does say it all and IMO it's why their tourist trade is suffering.

A new appeal? In and around Praia Da Luz? What an absolute waste of time. I do not blame the people for ripping up posters. Once again, the McCanns are rubbishing the people of Portugal. This is a protest against the McCanns and not Madeleine. The McCanns know exactly what happened to her, all this is doing is keeping up the charade and the coffers are empty, they need to top up the fund to pay for their corrupt PI's!

I don't know understand how you interpret this latest appeal as "rubbishing the people of Portugal". An appeal for help in finding a missing child?

The people who are REALLY failing Madeleine are those who have decided she is dead and who are mocking the search to find her.

I don't know understand how you interpret this latest appeal as "rubbishing the people of Portugal". An appeal for help in finding a missing child?

The people who are REALLY failing Madeleine are those who have decided she is dead and who are mocking the search to find her.

Talk is cheap. If they really want to "find there daughter" let them go to Portugal and answer any questions the PJS have. And for that matter do a reconstruction. AND hire proper search people NOT Metado. Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"

With all respect - if they have read the prosecutor saying shes dead - well they cant be blamed for thinking she is dead.

And IMO the people who failed her are the people who allowed her to be in a situation where anything could happen to her. And for the record that was NOT the locals.

It does say it all and IMO it's why their tourist trade is suffering.

Following this post - i would like people on this thread to go here and read the 5th post down. Its by a Portugese poster and I think it explains so well things from the Portugese poing of view. There is more emotion and more feeling in her post about how they felt and how the events have affected them - than i have EVER seen from a member of the McCanns or there friends.

http://www.the3arguidos.net/forum/v...id=7e99aa9bb6743105538417a8ef93502d&start=240

Again - its the 5th post down and i would defy any one to not be moved by her account of life there.

Talk is cheap. If they really want to "find there daughter" let them go to Portugal and answer any questions the PJS have. And for that matter do a reconstruction. AND hire proper search people NOT Metado. Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"

With all respect - if they have read the prosecutor saying shes dead - well they cant be blamed for thinking she is dead.

And IMO the people who failed her are the people who allowed her to be in a situation where anything could happen to her. And for the record that was NOT the locals.

Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.

Actually while there at it if they have nothing to hide and want people to support them why not let the pjs release the texts they made after she "went missing"

Tell me about the texts. Please include sources.

Well I'm not going to get into any unproductive old McCann-bashing arguments about the FACT that the they left their children in the apartment. They'e never denied it. It happened, Madeleine was abducted and I'll bet no-one regrets that more than her parents. However, I am of the school which believes that if a gate gets left open and a bull bolts, you get looking for the bull. You don't stand around arguing about who left the gate open. There has been so much stinky brown stuff written about the case and then perpetuated on the Internet and quite frankly, I am gobsmacked that it's still making the rounds.

IMO, the people who want to bash the McCanns will bash them regardless of what decisions they took. They were criticised for staying in Portugal and then criticised for coming home. Gerry McCann was criticised for staying off his work and then criticised all the more for returning to work. They are currently being criticised for launching another appeal in Portugal. For sure if they hadn't done so, they'd have been criticised for that too.

IMO these are hard-working, decent people who made a seriously bad judgement and who suffered the worse possible consequence of it. They have to live with that and I'm really glad I'm not in their shoes. However, I do have a shred of humanity and I'd never kick someone when they are down. I couldn't justify that to myself let alone anyone else.

However, there is one consolation. The McCanns are strong people who are really only interested in getting Madeleine back. They have stood strong against the (fortunately decreasing) attacks on the Internet. Attacks which can't hurt them any more than living with the abduction of their daughter and the knowledge that it could have been avoidable. Then again, if they had stayed in their apartments that night, perhaps we'd be discussiong the abduction of a different child.

Incidentally, the McCanns have also been working tirelessly on projects which will help missing children in the future. This has not been hugely publicised a) because the people they are lobbying are not the general public and b) because the McCanns are not doing it for personal glory but to achieve an end result which will benefit everyone.

Madeleine was kidnapped? Oh wow. Some new news at last on this case. When has it ever been confirmed that she was kidnapped?

A link to the confirmation please?

TIA

If and I say IF the attacks are decreasing its only because our press wont press anything negative on the McCanns. Otherwise i can assure you it wouldnt be decreasing at all. ..but again..if they want them to stop let them take lie detector tests..let them do reconstruction..let them speak to the pjs...because otherwise its all just show sorry.

Tell me about the texts. Please include sources.

If you had followed the case you would know there was a number of texts that the pjs wanted to be used in evidence. They was texts made during the day of her "disapperance " and the days following it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo