949 users online (121 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I have a copy of the lawsuit now that was filed against the hotel a couple years after Farren went missing. (Nothing to do with Farren). So I have the hotel manager's name from that time. I know it is the same manager because when Farren's uncle contacted him in the 1990's he was still there and remembered Farren.

I can't post his name here due to TOS but it is a common name so I am having difficulty trying to find him or know who is the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I have a copy of the lawsuit now that was filed against the hotel a couple years after Farren went missing. (Nothing to do with Farren). So I have the hotel manager's name from that time. I know it is the same manager because when Farren's uncle contacted him in the 1990's he was still there and remembered Farren.

I can't post his name here due to TOS but it is a common name so I am having difficulty trying to find him or know who is the right one.
    Welcome back, Odyssey!

Thank you for keeping Farren's case active! I think of Farren a lot, and wonder what happened to him.

Satch

Thanks Odyssey!

It would be cool if that manager would be willing to talk about Farren's case (assuming the manager is still living) might remember what Farren was like, or what specific information Farren may have said to the manager. Did the manager contact LE?

Welcome back!

Satch

No, the manager has never spoken to LE. But he did speak to Farren's uncle sometime in the 90's and was still working at the hotel at that time.

When I spoke to LE, he did not even have the manager's name. (Neither did I at that time). I should send it to him, now that you mention it.

No, the manager has never spoken to LE. But he did speak to Farren's uncle sometime in the 90's and was still working at the hotel at that time.

When I spoke to LE, he did not even have the manager's name. (Neither did I at that time). I should send it to him, now that you mention it.
    Good idea; maybe they can find him

Bumping up for any updates on Farren.

Satch

Not really an update, but bringing up something from ages ago. I was rereading this thread from beginning to remind myself of what has been found, and came across this that I had posted back when dental records were still visible on NamUs. This is that main contender that has been discussed.

By the way, UID #3 frm 1144 Market Street has all wisdom teeth present. Fillings in teeth 3, 14, 19, and 30 (that's all 4 first molars).

How I wish we would have ANY info about Farren's dentals, because if he had a filling in another tooth, or a missing wisdom tooth it would be an instant rule out.

Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    Not really an update, but bringing up something from ages ago. I was rereading this thread from beginning to remind myself of what has been found, and came across this that I had posted back when dental records were still visible on NamUs. This is that main contender that has been discussed.

By the way, UID #3 frm 1144 Market Street has all wisdom teeth present. Fillings in teeth 3, 14, 19, and 30 (that's all 4 first molars).

How I wish we would have ANY info about Farren's dentals, because if he had a filling in another tooth, or a missing wisdom tooth it would be an instant rule out.
    I remember talking about this with Odyssey several months ago, maybe more. Don't know the specifics, but we were studying three UID's that were in or around the area at or near the time Farren vanished. I think one of the three was ruled out not to be Farren, but don't quote me on this. Where do we stand currently with the remaining UID's in the area? How many could possibly be Farren?

I found the great article on-line to which we are referring: (Now we don't have to go back and look through the thread to find it.)

https://whereaboutsstillunknown.word...ren-stanberry/

Satch

I wonder if he meant to come back home, but something happened since his stuff was left back at the apartment. Maybe he was trying to panhandle money or find a new job, but met an ill fate? I hope this family gets closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    I remember talking about this with Odyssey several months ago, maybe more. Don't know the specifics, but we were studying three UID's that were in or around the area at or near the time Farren vanished. I think one of the three was ruled out not to be Farren, but don't quote me on this. Where do we stand currently with the remaining UID's in the area? How many could possibly be Farren?

I found the great article on-line to which we are referring: (Now we don't have to go back and look through the thread to find it.)

https://whereaboutsstillunknown.word...ren-stanberry/

Satch
    The UID from the attic next door was ruled out by the SF ME before Farrens DNA was located, so probably through dentals or the lack of broken wrists on the UID.

Farrens DNA is in there now so I'm not sure whether they automatically compare to the others.

The manager of the hotel from at least 1980 to the mid 90s was named Curt Harvey. He remembered Farren when Farrens uncle called there in the mid 1990s.

I contacted a Curt Harvey who had mentioned on LinkedIn that he wanted to return to the San Francisco area. He responded and it wasn't the right Curt Harvey.

I never did find him but his recollections would probably be really helpful.

I haven't forgotten Farren, just ran out of ideas.

The UID from the attic next door was ruled out by the SF ME before Farrens DNA was located, so probably through dentals or the lack of broken wrists on the UID.

Farrens DNA is in there now so I'm not sure whether they automatically compare to the others.

The manager of the hotel from at least 1980 to the mid 90s was named Curt Harvey. He remembered Farren when Farrens uncle called there in the mid 1990s.

I contacted a Curt Harvey who had mentioned on LinkedIn that he wanted to return to the San Francisco area. He responded and it wasn't the right Curt Harvey.

I never did find him but his recollections would probably be really helpful.

I haven't forgotten Farren, just ran out of ideas.
    Hey Odyssey!

Good to see you back! I want to get back to studying Ferren's case. Thanks for remembering him and posting!

Satch

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11