GUILTY FL - Hannah Burns, 7, brutally murdered, Punta Gorda, 2 June 2004

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Punta Gorda, FL
Police found a 7 year-old girl murdered, and found her mother, bleeding and scraped 90 minutes later.
Could someone find a link for this please?
Thanks.

Police are arresting the girl's mother...28yr.old Ruth Ann Burns. How awful! I'll never understand how a parent could do such a thing!

This is heart wrenching. To be attacked is horrific enough but at the hands of your own mother. I can't imagine what this poor soul was thinking as her mother took her life. I am glad her suffering is over and I hope she didn't suffer very long. My she rest in Peace. I am assuming her mother is another mental case. Just tragic.:( :furious:

:( This IS awful snorky. Has anyone heard why the mother killed her daughter? :mad:

From August 2005:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20050812/NEWS/508120365

Ruth Ann Burns has been diagnosed schizophrenic, and her parents believe she was insane when she killed her 7-year-old daughter a year ago. But instead of fighting a murder charge, she pleaded guilty...

The 29-year-old woman, who has been receiving mental help since she was 11, was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in prison followed by probation for life.

Minutes later, her mother, Cynthia Burns, promised to mount a public campaign to show how Florida's judicial and mental health systems failed her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back