773 users online (110 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Christian Wilson, 7 mos, left in car overnight, found dead, 25 March 2009

A 7-month-old baby boy left overnight inside the family car in North Texas was found dead on Wednesday morning, Cedar Hill police said.
    The child was left in his car seat after his mother picked up her three children from day care, MyFOXDFW.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510721,00.html

it doesnt say she "forgot" the baby...I wonder if the baby was asleep and she left it intentionally in the car?...I dont think I could ever forget one of my kids i just dont understand how this happens over and over again!
    People are getting to self absorbed I guess

wow. I can't think of the words right now to describe how i feel.

Oh Good Lord! No one forgets a 7 month old baby in a car overnight.

It hasn't been cold/hot enough here for a baby to succumb to exposure (Dallas is about two hours up the road from here).

Something stinks about this story. I'll be looking for the autopsy report on this child.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I am a person who as a general rule feels a great deal of mercy and sadness for the parents when we read a story about a child being left in a car.

In this case, however, I can't wrap my mind around a 7-month-old being left overnight. I would think a 7-month-old would have a fairly established nightly routine that always involves an adult caretaker. How does it not tip your memory that your child is missing at dinner, bath, bedtime? I didn't read that another adult helped out with childcare. This is very sad. My prayers to the family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Oh Good Lord! No one forgets a 7 month old baby in a car overnight.

It hasn't been cold/hot enough here for a baby to succumb to exposure (Dallas is about two hours up the road from here).

Something stinks about this story. I'll be looking for the autopsy report on this child.

Agreed- this story is a farce. Will follow developments.

I agree as well that something is wrong with the story. What kind of temps does it take for a baby to die in a car overnight? I thought it had to be fairly hot or cold for that to happen. I still don't understand how people can forget that a child is in a car that long but I know it happens all the time. What I really don't understand is how exactly the baby died when the temps really weren't bad. Not that it's ok to leave your baby when the temps aren't bad; it's never ok. Maybe it's because there's not a whole lot of info in this story, but something doesn't add up to me.

I think that with three kids and her hands full a mother might forget a baby in the car for a while but never overnight, not unless she's on drugs. I'm waiting to hear there is something more to this story.

She has been arrested and charged for injury to a child. http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Ced...by_Dies_in_Car

NO WAY!!! There's NO WAY anyone would FORGET a child when we're 'at home'... NOPE. So what about feeding the kid supper? What about putting the kid to bed? You just forget to do that anyway? This is so suspicious it isn't funny.

This is one woman that needs to be charged with murder!
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Here are a couple of local reports on LaHeather Wilson and her baby Christian

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....71bc4283.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....6f7f2acc.html has an awful lot of comments and some by people who know LaHeather.

The poor little baby, this is heartbreaking.

According to the news article link on post#1, the mom said she went "outside" the next morning and discovered her baby unresponsive. So I wonder if the car was parked in a driveway or on the street, because if the baby was awake at some point he may have been crying/screaming loudly. Did they mention the time the mother returned from the day care center? If there was a witness who heard crying in a car would have either knocked on mom's door or called 911. Also, she has a 3 & 6 year old. I think the 6 year old would have at least been asking his mom where the baby was.

from the first article linked:
    The overnight low recorded at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport was 50 degrees.
    I don't get it. I'm not saying it's impossible, I've just never heard of it so I don't get it.
    Hopefully one of our great sleuthers here can find a previous case with similar temperatures. I can't find one.
    I'm not even gonna get into how I feel about her "forgetting" her child. I just want to know how the baby really died.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    The poor little baby, this is heartbreaking.

According to the news article link on post#1, the mom said she went "outside" the next morning and discovered her baby unresponsive. So I wonder if the car was parked in a driveway or on the street, because if the baby was awake at some point he may have been crying/screaming loudly. Did they mention the time the mother returned from the day care center? If there was a witness who heard crying in a car would have either knocked on mom's door or called 911. Also, she has a 3 & 6 year old. I think the 6 year old would have at least been asking his mom where the baby was.
    Excellent point, of course he would and probably the 3 year old, too. "Mommy, where is baby? Mommy, why is the baby in the car?" Oh, he would be driving you crazy with questions. Something is not right with this sad, sad story.

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    from the first article linked:

I don't get it. I'm not saying it's impossible, I've just never heard of it so I don't get it.
    Hopefully one of our great sleuthers here can find a previous case with similar temperatures. I can't find one.
    I'm not even gonna get into how I feel about her "forgetting" her child. I just want to know how the baby really died.
    So if the temp was 50 degrees that could very well rule out heat exposure as cause of death, who knows. Something makes me think such a small baby (7 mo.) if left in a car as mom says, may have began crying and perhaps ended up choking on his own saliva/vomit? If they are doing an autopsy, we should learn more. I'm not buying the mom just "forgetting the baby". I think there is more to this story, sadly.

I believe we just about all agree this was no 'accident.' This woman is insane if she thinks LE or anyone else is going to believe she 'forgot' her infant the entire night.

NO way,
    fran

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast