672 users online (94 members and 578 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Also from link above:

TIMELINE OF ALYCIA"S DISAPPEARANCE

Nov. 22, 2005: Santa Clara County Superior Court places Alycia Mesiti-Allen with father, Mark Edward Mesiti.
    Aug. 15, 2006: Alycia, 14, goes missing; her father reports she ran away after leaving for a camping trip with friends and a pet Chihuahua.
    January 2009: Ceres police Sgt. James Robbins takes over the department"s investigative unit and has detectives review their cases. As a result, Alycia"s family members are contacted again and new undisclosed information leads to a search warrant.
    March 26, 2009: After police obtain a search warrant, a body is unearthed outside the Ceres home where Alycia had been living with her father at the time she disappeared.
    March 28: Mark Mesiti, 41, is arrested in Los Angeles along with his 39-year-old girlfriend on suspicion of running a methamphetamine lab and endangering the girlfriend"s 12-year-old daughter. Mesiti is being held on $500,000 bail.
    March 31: Authorities confirm that a body found in Ceres was that of Alycia Mesiti-Allen. Ceres police describe Mesiti as a suspect in his daughter"s death, although he has not been arrested on those charges.
    Source: Mercury News reporting and Ceres police
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

So where is the brother now? Is he with his mom? It appears LE got lucky with this. They let it set for 4 years - long enough for this man to go out and hook up with another woman with a teenage daughter. I hope she is okay.

Prayers for Alycia.

Salem

From what I was able to determine Salem, her brother is now 19 ( IIRC, he is her older brother by about two years)and serving in the United States Military.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Unhappy

I just read about this one in yesterday's paper. What a tragedy the dad was EVER given custody. He was clearly far more unfit than the mother. Couldn't they have given custody to extended family or foster care? Then poor Alycia would still be alive. The guy had a history of domestic abuse and drug abuse!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Father charged with murder...

http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_12556022

The short, tragic life of Alycia Augusta Mesiti-Allen ended at the hands of her father, prosecutors say.

Mark Edward Mesiti was charged last week with killing and molesting the 14-year-old girl in Ceres, a town outside Modesto, less than a year after a Santa Clara County judge put her in Mesiti's custody.

Another innocent child let down by the state. This POS should NEVER have had custody of Alycia and her brother.

Ex-Ceres Man Charged With Killing Daughter

The father of a 14-year-old girl whose remains were unearthed in a Ceres backyard has been charged with molesting and murdering her.

Authorities said Mark Mesiti, 41, killed his daughter, Alycia, less than a year after a judge placed the girl in his custody -- despite his long criminal history and reports that he neglected his children.

He has been charged with one count of murder, one count of child molestation and one count of sexual penetration by a foreign object while the victim was under the influence.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19716316/detail.html

Thank you chico, but that made my head hurt this morning and made me sigh very deeply. Molested by her own father, raped with foreign object, and murdered and buried in the back yard covered with concrete.

I'm so sorry Alycia, rest in peace sweetie-pie.

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    I'm sorry baby girl. You never had a chance to grow up. Twelve is too young to become an angel.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    This case is making headlines again because the father is about to go to trial. I find it odd that we aren't hearing more about the guy who was in jail (Ulrich?) for molesting Alycia. He was released THREE DAYS before she disappeared?!?!? Is anyone considering this man a suspect? This poor child. She'll be at peace when the killer is convicted. I just hope they are getting the right guy.

http://www.modbee.com/2014/05/21/335...l?sp=/99/1623/

A case remains stalled for a father accused of sexually abusing and murdering his teenage daughter in Ceres. The girl’s body was found buried in her family’s backyard five years ago.

In August, a criminal grand jury indicted Mark Edward Mesiti in the death of his daughter, Alycia Mesiti. His arraignment has been postponed numerous times since then.

Mesiti appeared in court Wednesday afternoon. He told the judge that he wants to move forward with a motion seeking new court-appointed attorneys.

http://www.modbee.com/2014/06/09/338...l?sp=/99/1623/

Defense attorneys Robert Orenstein and Mark Sullivan told the judge Monday afternoon that they no longer could represent the defendant. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Mesiti, so the law requires a second appointed defense attorney who deals with death-penalty issues.

Orenstein said in court that he received a “communication” from the defendant that resulted in a “complete breakdown of the attorney-client relationship.” But he would not share specific details about the information or statements he received from Mesiti because doing so would be a breach of the attorney-client privilege...

The new attorneys will need a lot of time to catch up with the case, which was filed in June 2009. Orenstein and Sullivan have to hand over to the new attorneys all the evidence they’ve collected from prosecutors. “There is a tremendous amount of discovery evidence,” Orenstein told the judge. “Binders upon binders of discovery evidence.”

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/cri...e15199466.html

It’s been six years since authorities discovered the body of 14-year-old Alycia Mesiti in the backyard of a Ceres home. Her father, Mark Edward Mesiti, is accused of sexually abusing the teenage girl and killing her. He has remained in custody inside a Stanislaus County jail cell for nearly four years, awaiting prosecution.

It’s been about two years since prosecutors obtained a criminal grand jury indictment to skip the preliminary hearing phase and move straight to trial. But Mesiti’s case remains stalled by legal challenges and the defendant’s requests for new attorneys.

On Tuesday, Alycia Mesiti’s great-aunt, Roberta Fitzpatrick, tried to ask the judge to stop the delays and move the case forward, but she wasn’t allowed to speak in court. Fitzpatrick shared her written statement with The Modesto Bee...

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/cri...e17159009.html

A Stanislaus County judge on Wednesday said he will arraign Mark Edward Mesiti on April 29, and that attorneys should be prepared on that day to start discussing when to schedule the defendant’s trial.

From November:

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/cri...e43493745.html

Stanislaus Superior Court Judge Dawna Reeves earlier this week scheduled Mesiti’s trial to begin Feb. 6, 2017. Reeves will preside over the case through the trial...

The defendant remains in custody at the Stanislaus County jail. He is being held without bail.

A defendant representing himself in a Stanislaus County death penalty case is asking the court to order sheriff’s officials to uncuff him while he meets with his legal team inside the jail.

This is the second time Mark Edward Mesiti has made this request. Superior Court Judge John Freeland initially ordered sheriff’s officials to uncuff Mesiti’s writing hand, but he later reversed his ruling. The defendant is hoping for a more favorable outcome from Judge Dawna Reeves, who is now handling Mesiti’s capital murder case.

(...)

At a Friday afternoon hearing, Mesiti argued that while cuffed he cannot efficiently handle the voluminous court documents, photos, digital images and other materials associated with his case.
    http://www.modbee.com/news/local/cri...e93305982.html

Mesiti is due in court again on Sept. 23.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast