Identified! MD - Carroll County, Female UP5608, 23-27, March 2009 - Toni Vogel

dearmont

Reaction score
(Westminster, MD) – Maryland State Police homicide investigators have obtained additional information about the skeletal remains found in Carroll County earlier this week after an initial examination was conducted at the Office of the State Medical Examiner.

Although a positive identity has not been made, forensic experts believe the skeletal remains are those of a white female who, at the time of her death, is believed to have been in her mid to late twenties. The examination indicates she was about 5 feet tall and had a petite to extremely petite build. No estimates of her weight are known at this time.

The cause and manner of death have not been identified at this time. Additional forensic tests and examinations are continuing.

One of the experts consulting with doctors at the medical examiner’s office was Dr. William C. Rodriguez, of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. Dr. Rodriguez told State Police investigators evidence indicates the woman had been dead at least three to ten years.

Maryland State Police homicide investigators sent a law enforcement teletype to police departments throughout the East Coast and Mid-West with this additional information. Investigators are asking police departments throughout this area to review missing person files in an effort to assist in the identification of the remains. Troopers are not limiting their possibilities in searching for an identity of this individual and will be reviewing cases from within the past four decades or more. The information regarding the remains has also been entered into the National Crime Information Center’s Unidentified Person File, providing access to the information to law enforcement across the country.

State Police investigators continue to process the area where the skeletal remains were found on March 24, 2009. State Highway Administration personnel are assisting with an excavation of the area, which is covered with trees, undergrowth, construction debris and fill dirt.

State Police are urging anyone with information about this case, or about the construction and development history of the land along the 900-block of Baltimore Boulevard, to contact them immediately. The State Police Homicide Unit investigators working this case can be reached directly at 410-386-3029

I am from MD and Oxon Hill is not very close to Westminster so I wouldnt think that would be her.

Westminster, MD is close to Pennsylvania, if that gives anyone any ideas.

I'm encouraged by the extent the MD State Police are going to identify this person. Going back 4 decades will take a lot of effort - I'm working on a candidate list for the Eastern States and will post before too long.

One possible hint as to how long the remains had been at this location is the statement...
"State Police are urging anyone with information about this case, or about the construction and development history of the land along the 900-block of Baltimore Boulevard."

The attached aerial image of the area where the remains were found show no obvious signs of construction debris - and I'm guessing that this aerial image is at least 2-3 years old. That location may have been used as a dumping ground for construction debris prior to 2006.

Attachments

• 900 Block Baltimore Blvd.jpg
    900 Block Baltimore Blvd.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 31
Working my way backwards using just the general descriptors.

1997:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/vasquez_marisol.html 5'2 120lb 30yo NJ (Hispanic)
http://www.nampn.org/cases/trivisonno_robin.html 5'2 105lb 28yo NJ (Skeletal remains tested in 2005, no results listed)

Okay, that is all my old eyes can take this evening. Anyone seasoned at sending in possible match-ups? The way the article is worded, it seems that they are willing to look at anyone of similar description missing from the NE area. I looked at MD, NY, PA, NJ, CT, DE, and DC areas.

I was emailed by the state police the other day asking for a list of women on my website that fit this description. They also have a list of surrounding states that fit this description as well. WV, VA, DE, MD, PA. All listed here they already have, plus more. One on this list, from another state, is being looked at very closely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back