Age Now: 8
Sex: Female
Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
TRACY
CA
United States
Sandra was last seen on March 27, 2009. She may still be in the local area. Sandra was last seen wearing a pink Hello Kitty shirt and a striped dress.

I recieved her poster in my e-mail this morning although i can't find anything else on her. Pic at link.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1119218&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Here's an article on a Sacramento news station. They had some coverage on Sandra this morning, interviewing her mother. http://www.kcra.com/news/19035621/detail.html

Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl
Sandra Cantu, 8, Last Seen On Friday

POSTED: 9:07 am PDT March 28, 2009
UPDATED: 9:14 am PDT March 28, 2009
[NEWSVINE: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [DELICIOUS: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [DIGG: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [FACEBOOK: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [REDDIT: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [RSS] [PRINT: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl] [EMAIL: Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl]
TRACY, Calif. -- Police are asking the public for help finding a missing 8-year-old girl.

Sandra Cantu was last seen at 4 p.m. Friday in Tracy, police said. She was supposed to be at a friend's house at a mobile home park in Tracy but was not located there.

Cantu is 4 feet tall, weighs 85 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt and black leggings.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is assisting in the investigation.

Stay with KCRA and KCRA.com for the latest developments.

Search for missing girl in Tracy

The Tracy Police Department has set up a mobile command post on West Clover Road as a helicopter searches the area for an 8-year-old girl who has been missing since Friday afternoon.

Sandra Cantu was last seen at 4 p.m. Friday, and the official search began at 8:15 p.m., police said. She was supposed to be at a friend's house in the Orchard Estates mobile home park, where she lives, but she wasn't found there.

Police have searched all night. The FBI, California Highway Patrol, San Joaquin Sheriff's Office, Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office, Tracy Volunteers in Police Services, Tracy Community Emergency Response Team, Tracy Fire Department and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are helping in the investigation.

More: http://tracypress.com/content/view/17659/2268/

Police are looking for a missing 8-year-old girl in the largest missing person search Tracy has seen in at least a decade.

The FBI is now involved in the search which started at 8:15 p.m. Friday night, four hours after the little girl was last seen in this mobile home park where she lives.

Sandra Cantu, a second grader from Jacobsen Elementary, was last seen around 4 p.m. Friday afternoon, after leaving her neighbor's house in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

“We saw her yesterday at our house,” said neighbor Nahum Diaz. “She was playing with my 5-year-old sister. Then she left, she told her she had to go do her homework, and I didn't see her anymore.”

Sandra's cousin says the little girl lived with her mother and grandparents and that the father has never been in the child's life and may be living in Mexico.

“She's got a fiery personality,” said her cousin, Janet Anderson. “She is very -- and this is what scares me -- she's very friendly. She just loves everybody and is very trusting.”

Candice Vega says just two weeks ago she warned her little cousin about being safe.

“I told her, ‘Gosh, you're so pretty and cute and little’. I said, ‘you know you're not supposed to talk to strangers, right?’ She said ‘yeah’. I said, ‘because there's a lot of bad people who like to take pretty, little girls like you’. She said, ‘Do you know anyone who's been kidnapped?’ I said, ‘No, but I see it on TV all the time’."

She describes Sandra as a happy girl who was close with her family and wasnt the type to run off.

The family told KTVU about an incident at the mobile home park pool two years ago, when a middle aged male resident came up to the then 6-year-old and kissed her on the mouth.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/19037015/detail.html

Why is the FBI involved but no Amber Alert?

JUst saw this story on my local news channel 2 for So Cal. They just said that she was last seen on a security camera. She's missing from her mobile home park after going to a friends house.

JUst saw this story on my local news channel 2 for So Cal. They just said that she was last seen on a security camera. She's missing from her mobile home park after going to a friends house.

I just watched the video from that news station. Seen on camera leaving her home at the Orchard Estates mobile home park. Weird. :( Part of her mom's plea is in the video also. Very very sad. I hope they find her soon.

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=97931@kcbs.dayport.com

This is in my neck of the woods. So, so sad. I pray they find this little girl safe and sound. I wonder though...why no Amber Alert?

This is in my neck of the woods. So, so sad. I pray they find this little girl safe and sound. I wonder though...why no Amber Alert?

Probably because they have video footage of her leaving her home on her own. Doesn't mean an abduction couldn't have taken place later, but they probably don't have evidence to back that up.

Amber Alerts have certain guidelines. But they had one on Haleigh Cummings when she disappeared? So I think they should have one for Sandra!

(your post respectfully snipped)
The family told KTVU about an incident at the mobile home park pool two years ago, when a middle aged male resident came up to the then 6-year-old and kissed her on the mouth.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/19037015/detail.html

I want to know more about the guy from two years ago. He may have had a fixation on Sandra. I wonder if he still is in the area or if anyone even knows his name.

The fact that Sandra was seen walking in the immediate area but not leaving it, is very similar to the case of 7-year-old Hser Nay Moo, from Salt lake City.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

(snip)
Police arrested a neighbor and fellow Burmese refugee for the crime. Esar Met was home alone when Hser Nay Moo went to his apartment Monday afternoon. Once inside, there was a struggle, and the girl was killed. Jail documents say Met confessed to the crime and to hiding the body before leaving his apartment. Police say the 7-year-old was likely dead before her family realized she was missing.

Amber Alerts have certain guidelines. But they had one on Haleigh Cummings when she disappeared? So I think they should have one for Sandra!

Ita with you. In Hser Nay Moo's case the SLCPD broke protocol and issued an Amber Alert the second day, IIRC, because a child that age not home after a certain amount of time is because they are in danger.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090329/A_NEWS/903290310

in this article the little girl who was playing with Sandra (was last person to see her) states Sandra told her she wanted to run away. The mother of this little girl didn't seem to put much stock in it tho... Also...Sandra was not seen leaving the t~park. There are security cameras at the entrance/exit... that means to me she is either still in that trailer park or was in any of the autos seen on camera between 4pmish and now (in case someone, as you had mentioned Suziq, could have been a neighbor but transported her out at a later time)....

I do not have a good feeling about this one. I hope I am wrong.

I want to know more about the guy from two years ago. He may have had a fixation on Sandra. I wonder if he still is in the area or if anyone even knows his name.

The fact that Sandra was seen walking in the immediate area but not leaving it, is very similar to the case of 7-year-old Hser Nay Moo, from Salt lake City.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

(snip)
Police arrested a neighbor and fellow Burmese refugee for the crime. Esar Met was home alone when Hser Nay Moo went to his apartment Monday afternoon. Once inside, there was a struggle, and the girl was killed. Jail documents say Met confessed to the crime and to hiding the body before leaving his apartment. Police say the 7-year-old was likely dead before her family realized she was missing.

oh no! so true! IMO...........to many perverts around!

Nurse - That's HORRIBLE - OMG!

Prayers for Sandra. Please, please, please let them find her and bring her home.

Salem

There are 19 SO's within 2 miles of where Sandra lives. I looked it up but not sure how to post the map here.

Within 3/4 of a mile.

RAPE BY FORCE

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases
Last Known Address: 10607 W LARCH RD
TRACY, 95304
County: SAN JOAQUIN Zip Code 95304
Date of Birth: 05-25-1957
Sex: MALE Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170
Eye Color: BROWN
Hair Color: BLACK
Ethnicity: BLACK

Within one mile

LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases
Last Known Address: 11637 W LARCH
TRACY, 95304
County: SAN JOAQUIN
Zip Code 95304
Date of Birth: 09-13-1946
Sex: MALE Height: 5'7"
Weight: 170
Hair Color: BLACK
Ethnicity: HISPANIC
Within one mile

Last Name: MCEWAN First Name: WILLIAM Middle Name: PETER

Description LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS

Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases Last Known Address: 2616 BALBOA DR
TRACY, 95376
County: SAN JOAQUIN
Zip Code 95376
Date of Birth: 11-28-1950
Sex: MALE
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185
Hair Color: BROWN
Ethnicity: WHITE

there are many more sex offenders within a mile.

Search Effort Grows For Missing Tracy Girl

Volunteers from seven counties were helping Sunday in the search for an 8-year-old Tracy girl who had been missing since Friday afternoon, authorities said.

While a reward was offered for information leading to Sandra Cantu's safe return, no Amber Alert was issued because police said they had no immediate evidence that Sandra Cantu was abducted.

[snip]

On Sunday, police said there were now professionally trained searchers looking for the girl. Some 40 members of law enforcement have joined 100 volunteers, according to Sheneman.

While police said they were following several leads in the case, they also asked the public for more tips.

"If you have seen someone in your neighborhood that you see on a daily basis and all of sudden they're not around or if someone's changed their appearance a great deal and that seems unusual to you, or someone's out working on their car every day and you don't see them for a couple of days, give us a call," Sheneman said. "Let us know about that."

[snip]

Detectives said the girl had never run away before, and had always let her mother know where she was going and when she would be coming home. Police said the girl's father was enroute to Tracy from Southern California.

More: http://cbs5.com/local/missing.cantu.sandra.2.970466.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member