1037 users online (238 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

?'s about shared/multiple accounts?

I realize that this is posted via sticky in the parking lot, but I didn't have the heart...or the guts....to post this on tybee's "untouched" thread. It just seemed wrong, so if I screwed up I'm sure Mom and the Mods will

I keep seeing that posted, and it's just got me bamboozled to the point where I finally just have to ask. What on earth would the point be of having more than one WS's account?????? Maybe I just don't have one of those devious, twisted mindsets and therefore I'm unable to comprehend why someone would do this? Have people done this and then post to themselves under various hats for kicks...like WS's multiple personality hour? You mean to tell me that this has actually been done? Incredible. But WHY?

I realize I probably sound like a complete moron because I can't figure this out, but would someone be so kind as to educate me? It just seems so...well...stupid....and pointless?!? I hate things I can't figure out.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Maya Love is offline I've been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
    People do this to stir up trouble, to be on one side under one persona and another w/ another. it's good you're not familar w/ this, really.
    When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there. - George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    I realize that this is posted via sticky in the parking lot, but I didn't have the heart...or the guts....to post this on tybee's "untouched" thread. It just seemed wrong, so if I screwed up I'm sure Mom and the Mods will

I keep seeing that posted, and it's just got me bamboozled to the point where I finally just have to ask. What on earth would the point be of having more than one WS's account?????? Maybe I just don't have one of those devious, twisted mindsets and therefore I'm unable to comprehend why someone would do this? Have people done this and then post to themselves under various hats for kicks...like WS's multiple personality hour? You mean to tell me that this has actually been done? Incredible. But WHY?

I realize I probably sound like a complete moron because I can't figure this out, but would someone be so kind as to educate me? It just seems so...well...stupid....and pointless?!? I hate things I can't figure out.
    The most nefarious (and common) reason is to cause trouble, though some I'm sure end up with double accounts accidentally.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

maybe because that's the only way they can get someone to agree with them

Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post

PattyCake- you crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post

Ahhhhh...and alas....now it makes PERFECT sense......

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

I saw a big blow-up on another forum years ago because someone secretly had two accts. She was caught when she was posting a heated response to another poster (her other acct) but she forgot to sign out and sign back in. OOPS! I guess it's the thrill of having a secret?

I never heard of this.........computer dummy...........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I'm joking but partly serious.

LONG LONG TIME AGO when there was "an unusal character" trying to have a similar name to websleuths, it was said by others that she owner (james*n) had her own multiple names on her site and it was all just her posting. Very sad & pathetic. And maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the name here.

Maybe we're all figments of Tricia's imagination.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

I've seen long drawn out posts before from a couple of different posters and they will have exactly the same writing style and using big words. It may just be coincidence or just like minded people though.

I remember that. That was just ONE of that poster's manipulations and attacks. Ah, the bad ol' good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by laini View Post
    I saw a big blow-up on another forum years ago because someone secretly had two accts. She was caught when she was posting a heated response to another poster (her other acct) but she forgot to sign out and sign back in. OOPS! I guess it's the thrill of having a secret?

I don't know why people do it, but it is really, really, really disappointing when you find out a WS 'friend' has multiple hats and that they didn't create them by accident.

It is a real let down. Big time. All you can do is tell a Mod, and avoid that 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    I don't know why people do it, but it is really, really, really disappointing when you find out a WS 'friend' has multiple hats and that they didn't create them by accident.

It is a real let down. Big time. All you can do is tell a Mod, and avoid that 'friend'.
    Agreed. And anyone who does that, needs to put down the mouse and take a long, long walk outside.