864 users online (142 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MA - Priscilla Walker, 18 mos, beaten to death, New Bedford, 14 March 2009

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...27/detail.html

Manuel Moniz, 23, was charged with the death of Priscilla Walker after he allegedly hurled a toy at her and stepped on her stomach while her mother, Alexandra McCarthy-Rodriguez, 22, was away, the New Bedford Standard Times reported.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I'm sorry I'm just too sad to comment Lovejac.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I don't understand the kind of rage or cruelty someone would have to have inside themselves to be able to do this. Violence against little kids and animals makes me absolutely sick.

OKAY ALREADY! I'm sick of these poor babies dying like this.

Can we all vote for inhumane treatment of ALL criminals who harm, rape & murder children? Because maybe scaring the life out of cowards like this will stop this from happening. Severe inhumane torture!

In some countries around the world that use certain types of 'sentencing'... leaves the country with little or no crime. (ie: death penalty for driving drunk in middle east country). There's no drunk driving.

Having illegal drugs on your person (even if you don't use them) Malasia, death penalty.

Stealing 1 x, hand cut off, 2nd time the other hand cut off. Not sure what they do if they steal again?

I could go on but until we get extremely tough and the threat of sentence becomes so fearfully scary, maybe some people will not do this crap. I'm serious about this because what we have now DOESN'T work.

People who harm children are pure cowards. Cowards scare easily. Lets scare them to death!
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

I'm not sure about cutting people's hands off. Some people steal to eat and I would hate to punish them severely. BUT I absolutely agree that something needs to be done about these POSs that harm children.

I think if convicted, they should serve life sentences at a minimum. I think folks with anger issues should not be allowed around children until they have learned to deal with their anger. Not sure how that happens - but it is necessary. And I don't know what else I think except this is just so sad and there has to be a way to stop it.

Salem

What in the world is happening? Everday another baby is tortured!
    I'm sorry, I'm believing the death penalty needs to come back with no appeal times!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I think this horrible stuff has been happening since the beginng of time. We are now hearing more and more about it. We get the news right away. Lots and lots of people are missing, but there is only so much we can do. Seems like there should be, but there isnt.

Dont forget that this country passed some sort of law that forces mentally ill people out onto the street. Most mental places are 3 days, then out ya go.

A prime example is the astronaut that drove with a diaper on to go kill some woman. An astronaut!!!! and she was around lots of proffesionals most of the time.

Then again, on the other side. I think some are born insane and dangerous. I know a girl 15 now I think. I never turned my back on her, she gave me the creeps. I was her sisters nurse. I really believe some day she will hurt someone.

Why are all of these babies DYING????

We need to instill harsher punishments so these idiots stop killing and raping our precious babies. What happened in our society that makes it acceptable to hurt someone smaller than you just because you can? Back in the day, you only heard about maybe 1-2 high profile cases a year, tops- NOW~ LOOK OUT!!! It seems that since the penalties arent too bad and if you can afford a lawyer, they will just trip up the legal system and lie, cheat, and steal to get off.

I think that maybe judges can start handing down HARSH penalties- When you take away someone defenseless's civil rights, your's should be taken away also, IMHO.

Sorry for the rant- Im sick of baby killers!!

What kind of mother allows someone to talk her out of taking her baby to the doctor? When he mentioned DCF, did an alarm not go off in her head?

"Rayburn said Moniz persuaded McCarthy-Rodriguez not to seek medical attention for the child because he feared doctors would refer the matter to the state Department of Children and Families for investigation."

In other words he knew the whole 2 days that that baby was suffering (and until she went unconscious she was suffering) the extent of the injuries he had caused!!! And her mother wth!!! Why would she let some POS boyfriend stop her from helping her helpless baby??????

Is the mother being charged too? There are many times when the woman doesn't know what happened, but these kinds of injuries are not one of them.

I think PattyCake is right, until these scum bags realize society is not going to stand for a baby being used as a punching bag, they're not going to stop. So let's let the punishment fit the crime when it comes to an adult raping and/or murdering a baby.

Let's start turning these punks over to the worst of the worst, let's let them experience what they did to their victim. I'll be willing to bet once that word hits the street these POS will start treating babies a whole lot better. They will at least think before they dropkick a helpless baby.

This just makes my heart hurt soooo much.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Years ago when I got out of college I took a job teaching nutrition to low income families. I also worked with headstart. There was a little girl who always had bruises and was very withdrawn. We called DCYF and reported it. They in turn sent a letter to mother and set a date and time when they were going to home to investigate. Of course the home was spotless and the mother and boyfriend were VERY loving towards that little girl. Any abused child will take any affection they can so she sat in her moms lap, hugged and kissed her. DCYF found NOTHING...3 weeks later the little girl was found dead in her bed after the mom got home from work...she had been dead for 5 hours...the boyfriend had punched her and ruptured her intestines. She died a slow painful death..

Now comes court....Mom got on the stand and pleaded for her boyfriend to NOT go to jail. She said the little girl was always causing trouble, was always bad and he didn't know how hard he hit her ....

I swore that I would do everything in my power for the rest of my life for this to not happen to another little girl...I left the job in SS simply because I felt we could do better for these kids..I now own my own business but every free moment I have I give myself to the youth in my city...in hopes that this can someday be prevented each and every time.

Sorry for the long post but really something has to be done....and 30 years later, it still is the same story, only different City, different State...sad
    There are THREE sides to every story, 1. Yours 2. Mine and finally number 3. THE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
    What kind of mother allows someone to talk her out of taking her baby to the doctor? When he mentioned DCF, did an alarm not go off in her head?

Exactly. Why in the hell would she not bring him? Bring back the death penalty for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleone48 View Post
    Years ago when I got out of college I took a job teaching nutrition to low income families. I also worked with headstart. There was a little girl who always had bruises and was very withdrawn. We called DCYF and reported it. They in turn sent a letter to mother and set a date and time when they were going to home to investigate. Of course the home was spotless and the mother and boyfriend were VERY loving towards that little girl. Any abused child will take any affection they can so she sat in her moms lap, hugged and kissed her. DCYF found NOTHING...3 weeks later the little girl was found dead in her bed after the mom got home from work...she had been dead for 5 hours...the boyfriend had punched her and ruptured her intestines. She died a slow painful death..

Now comes court....Mom got on the stand and pleaded for her boyfriend to NOT go to jail. She said the little girl was always causing trouble, was always bad and he didn't know how hard he hit her ....

I swore that I would do everything in my power for the rest of my life for this to not happen to another little girl...I left the job in SS simply because I felt we could do better for these kids..I now own my own business but every free moment I have I give myself to the youth in my city...in hopes that this can someday be prevented each and every time.

Sorry for the long post but really something has to be done....and 30 years later, it still is the same story, only different City, different State...sad
    My Bold-

I think this mom deserves a life sentence for this statement. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleone48 View Post

I know you weren't asking, but thank you for trying to save that precious baby. Thank you for every child you have helped since.

We have to stop this behavior! Grown men using babies as punching bags, mothers who abandon (or worse) their infants for some scuzzy guy. Parents who torture a toddler to the point they no longer cry.

It makes me weep for these babes, it makes me want to change my passive nature into a stone cold hate machine who can insure a world of hurt on any adult who raises their hand to a child.

Worse than being different city, different state; every city, every state, everyday. It's gotten worse. Where is the out cry? Who is standing up for these babies?
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast