1048 users online (142 members and 906 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Computer problems

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
    Richard, I was wondering where you were.I did think about the possible connections thread before I started this one. The PC thread discusses all types of things that could be related to this case. I wanted a thread to post just similar cases and discuss them.
    I have been having computer problems lately. Sorry for any late responses. I can often read the boards but not post.

Then we all will pray for a speedy resolution to the computer issues, as your posts are essential to the Cold Case forum.

I think it is helpful to have a thread with just similar victims or similar circumstances listed, as that is what I believe is the intention of this thread.
    It is easier to find information about just the victims, and compare victims and circumstances when we have a comparison thread. The alternative is weighing through pages of who knows what just to find a piece of information about a victim. It is also easier than forum hopping. I'd think if any lengthy discussion followed about a particular case than we'd move it to the proper thread in the cold case forum.
    Only my 2 cents here
    Children don't stop dancing

Quote Originally Posted by SharetheLight View Post
    I think it is helpful to have a thread with just similar victims or similar circumstances listed, as that is what I believe is the intention of this thread.
    It is easier to find information about just the victims, and compare victims and circumstances when we have a comparison thread. The alternative is weighing through pages of who knows what just to find a piece of information about a victim. It is also easier than forum hopping. I'd think if any lengthy discussion followed about a particular case than we'd move it to the proper thread in the cold case forum.
    Only my 2 cents here

This one looks interesting becaue this girl vanished from a shopping center, the same time of day the Lyon sisters vanished. Note the time she left home, and the time she was last seen. AND there was rain after the abduction. I know counting on the rain is like counting on gold to fall out of the sky, but I wonder if this abductor counts on rain because it will hinder the search??

http://bakerst221b.blogspot.com/2006/06/remembering-sherri-lee-truesdale.html

Sherri’s parents reported her missing June 14, the day after she went missing. When she did not come home they spent the night searching for her. After not being able to find her, they thought she might have drowned in one of the creeks at Happy Hill Park. It had rained heavily that night and there was flooding.

No trace of Sherri has ever been found.

That's a good point about the rain.I'm wondering if she got on the bus home or not? That would tell us if she was taken from the mall or the bus stop near her home. Also I noticed that the shopping center she went to had a Raylass Department Store,didn't Wheaton Plaza have one too? You're also right about the time of day. North Carolina isn't that far away.

Dorothy and Sheila

The Doe Network:
    Case File 363DFFL

Left: Scofield, circa 1976; Right: Age-progressed image of Scofield at age 41 (circa 2005)

Dorothy Delilah Scofield
    Missing since July 22, 1976 from Ocala, Marion County, Florida.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 8, 1964
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11; 100 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, straight hair; blue eyes. Scofield wears eyeglasses; at the time of her disappearance, she was wearing teardrop-shaped frames.
    Clothing: A red short-sleeved form-fitting shirt, blue jeans, a leather belt with a metal buckle, and green tennis shoes. Her glasses had gold wire rims.
    Dentals: Her incisor tooth slightly covers her upper front tooth. One of her teeth was missing at the time of her disappearance.
    AKA: Dee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Scofield and her mother went to a shopping mall together in Ocala, Florida on July 22, 1976. They went their separate ways once at the mall and agreed to meet later at a designated location; Scofield never arrived and has not been seen since. She was last seen at approximately 2:00 PM in the center.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/363dffl.html
    This case reminds me of the Lyon case because ofcourse the mall setting and to me, Dorothy and Sheila resemble each other.If we look at this case in addition to the Lyon case and Sherri Truesdale, we could have someone operating on the coast.

Dorothy Delilah Schofield

This case reminds me of the Lyon case because ofcourse the mall setting and to me, Dorothy and Sheila resemble each other.If we look at this case in addition to the Lyon case and Sherri Truesdale, we could have someone operating on the coast.
    The Cold Case forum had some fairly recent information about this case. There was a possible suspect who had attacked others being discussed.

Worth Noting............

OK,we have the Lyon girls and Sherri Truesdale leaving for the mall at about the same time of day and the Lyon girls and Dorothy Scolfield last seen at about the same time of day..On the flip side,Sheila and Katherine walked to the mall,Sherri took a bus and Dorothy road with her mother.I mention Dorothy's last sighting as being close in timing to the Lyon girls,however,there was a possible sighting of her with a man later that day.This sighting was never confirmed,so I'm going with the earlier sighting for now.

OK,we have the Lyon girls and Sherri Truesdale leaving for the mall at about the same time of day and the Lyon girls and Dorothy Scolfield last seen at about the same time of day..On the flip side,Sheila and Katherine walked to the mall,Sherri took a bus and Dorothy road with her mother.I mention Dorothy's last sighting as being close in timing to the Lyon girls,however,there was a possible sighting of her with a man later that day.This sighting was never confirmed,so I'm going with the earlier sighting for now.
    Also worth noting is this case (Lyon) is eerily similar to a case posted in the "what happened next" thread. A case about 3 girls who went missing from a shopping center in Ft. Worth, TX 2 days before Christmas.

The three girls went to the mall at the same time of day 11pm and planned to be home at 4pm. It was a school break, 2 days before Christmas. They drove to the mall, but they all looked very young. They were similar in age and appearance.

Also worth noting is this case (Lyon) is eerily similar to a case posted in the "what happened next" thread. A case about 3 girls who went missing from a shopping center in Ft. Worth, TX 2 days before Christmas.

The three girls went to the mall at the same time of day 11pm and planned to be home at 4pm. It was a school break, 2 days before Christmas. They drove to the mall, but they all looked very young. They were similar in age and appearance.
    Read their case in the cold case forum and let me know what you think.It seems like the married girl(Mary Rachel)has a sister that knows something and won't take a ploygrah.Also, her brother thinks she's alive and visits her hometown every year around the holidays.

Read their case in the cold case forum and let me know what you think.It seems like the married girl(Mary Rachel)has a sister that knows something and won't take a ploygrah.Also, her brother thinks she's alive and visits her hometown every year around the holidays.
    I've read their thread and I don't think it was the sister. It was stated she did take a poly in 2001. The brother on the other hand is a bit odd.

What info does the PI have, yet won't lead the brother to his alive sister. It just doesn't make sense. And what does "someone is "shrouding and manufacturing evidence"" mean? The PI and brother say this.

There is some misinformation on the website that the brother maintains why would you do that if you wanted to get your sister back? I think Debra (the sister) was an easy target for anyone who needed answers. Their situation was weird but I really don't think she had anything to do with this. Why would she have it done/do it on a day she is with 2 other girls? That is just complicated.

This case is just odd. I don't know what happened. I think Rachel was forced to write this letter and she used her hubby's wrong name as a clue. Some people from WS tried to contact the brother, he emailed back and said to call him, now. They did and he didn't pick up, they left messages, and he didn't return the calls. Don't you think this is strange behavior for someone who is trying to keep his sisters name out there and solve this case? I think his other sister, Debra, is an easy scapegoat for him to focus on.

I've read their thread and I don't think it was the sister. It was stated she did take a poly in 2001. The brother on the other hand is a bit odd.

What info does the PI have, yet won't lead the brother to his alive sister. It just doesn't make sense. And what does "someone is "shrouding and manufacturing evidence"" mean? The PI and brother say this.

There is some misinformation on the website that the brother maintains why would you do that if you wanted to get your sister back? I think Debra (the sister) was an easy target for anyone who needed answers. Their situation was weird but I really don't think she had anything to do with this. Why would she have it done/do it on a day she is with 2 other girls? That is just complicated.

This case is just odd. I don't know what happened. I think Rachel was forced to write this letter and she used her hubby's wrong name as a clue. Some people from WS tried to contact the brother, he emailed back and said to call him, now. They did and he didn't pick up, they left messages, and he didn't return the calls. Don't you think this is strange behavior for someone who is trying to keep his sisters name out there and solve this case? I think his other sister, Debra, is an easy scapegoat for him to focus on.
    I asked the polygraph question on the other thread,ignore it. I tried to go to the brothers website but it's down.I'm going to have to read it all again.I thought the sister was somehow involved,but that's true about the letter to her hubby. I don't know,I need to go over it again,it's very strange. The abduction before a holiday is interesting though.

THe trio case, as with the Lyon case has just enough info to leave everyone baffled. With the trio case, it's the letter, the 3 very different sightings, and some questionable relationships.
    With the Lyon case it's, TRM, the Drumm Ave. sightings, the VA sighting, and the ransom note.

Each case, I think, contains a red herring. TRM for the Lyon case, and The Letter for the trio case.(strictly my opinion) And in both cases there are those people who just want to get involved somehow and report things to LE.
    But with each case there appears to be very solid reasons that the girls SHOULD have arrived home at the appointed time. 4pm.

The time of year (holiday, break from school), time of day, multiple victims, and the age and physical description of the victims is all eerily similiar.

Another holiday............

Carlene Brown and Christy Gross went missing on 7/4/74. Not a religious holiday,but still a holiday.

holidays....

Lisa Joy White.....

I'm mentioning this case because Lisa went missing on "All Saints Day". This is some info about this day.http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01315a.htm

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1518dfct.html

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast