OK OK - Sheila Deviney, 30, Maysville, 6 Jan 2004

easttexas

Reaction score
This is a young woman from my home town. I knew her family but as she was years younger than me I only knew who she was. She died in a house fire AFTER she took her kids to school. Later, LE released that the fire was set intentionally with acclerants and were even on her clothes. She had told friends/family that she knew someone was following her in the days before. She was also going through a custody battle with ex husband. This was in 2004 and all I planned to do was link the cold case here BUT I can't even find a link ANYWHERE. I can't even find her obituary....I feel like I must be crazy but did find this:

Started: Jan 19 2004 11:08pm PST

Jan 6,2004 Shelia has passed away .Jan 6th,after taking her children to school she returned home when something terrible happened.A fire in her mobile home took her life still unsure what happened.It is so sad that her babies will have to grow up with out there mommy.Please keep her babies and family in prayer.She is loved and will be missed by all who knew her.

This is on classmates and I remembered seeing it back in 2004. How does a cold case become non-existent??? It is not on OSBI...I looked. It is not on FBI either. I would know if this crime was solved. Can anyone explain how someone who died tragically and that I KNOW was SUSPICIOUS and you can't even google it?

TIA!

I need to add that her married name was Hendrix. But I think she returned to her maiden name after divorce.

One possibility is a judge issuing an injunction banning anything from the case be published at the request of a concerned party but that is quite unusual and the ban would not typically apply outside the state, which I assume is Texas in this case, unless issued by a federal circuit judge, but I don't how this suspicious death matter would be under federal jurisdiction. It's intriguing indeed.

do you still live in that town can you go to the local le in that town and say u were good friends with her and you want to find closure or something on her death and was looking for info but cannot find anything

ShadowAngel
Thank you for finding this. I thought I searched the Democrat but didn't get anything. I really didn't know this young lady. I knew her ex-husband. I worked with him for maybe a year while he was still in high school. And I know they were in a battle for custody of the children during the time of her death. I don't like that. I hope they don't give up on this case.

Thank you all for looking for any info for me.

You're very welcome. I know all too well what's it like, remembering a few details of a case but not being able to find any info. That's what got the ball rolling on the 'Missing in WV/Sodder Family' case. Sometimes all we can do is put out what little info we have and hope someone can come up with something.

Tonight's topic is the case of Sheila Deviney.

On January 6, 2004, the burned body of Sheila Deviney was discovered. In 2006, after a grand jury investigation her death was changed from "accidental" to homicide. According to the State Fire Investigators report several fires were started in various locations within the home.

The day before the fire Sheila Deviney was in family court with her former husband Tyson Hendrix. Between orders of protection, verbal threats of murder, warrants for failure to pay child support and custody of the children, the motive points to only one person.

Show starts at 9:00 PM Eastern. You can listen HERE!

Websleuths is the very proud sponsor of the Intimate Partner Homicide Investigations Radio Show.

After the show we will be discussing Sheila's case right here

Tonight on Blog Talk Radio Susan Murhpy-Milano, Sheryl McCollum and Holly Hughes will be discussing Sheila's case.

Listen here and then come back to Websleuths to discuss the case.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano

Also, if I were reading the link in my previous post and not knowing different, I would assume that he played football for OU. He went to Cameron University in Lawton, OK. Not saying that he wasn't a star in that university (small 5000 students) but not a huge football star by OK standards. JMO

This case is unbelievable! If you didn't get a chance to listen to the show live, please take an hour and listen to this! It's heartbreaking to hear the family and friends tell of this crime.

Sheila Deviney and her children deserve justice!

My jaw is on the floor listening to this case.

We need to ask the family to join too and see if we can get some of those documents up on the forum.

Absolutely shocking and unreal. I hope this cold case is unlocked and solved and the who did this to her is put away for a good long time.

Wonder how he treats the woman he is with now? You'de think she would be scared witless!!!

abbie

When I read in one of the links above that a friend helped TH remove items from the trailer....I thought....hmmmm and tonight Susan said it was his brother ( don't know which one...he has 2) I said bingo!

As always, my heart breaks for the children left behind....

I can't imagine what their thoughts are and what they have to live with for the rest of their lives!

Tricia....In the morning I will also put up a Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook. Anyone and everyone needs to know that with all of us behind this family, we will do whatever it takes to get this case investigated properly!

I can't imagine what their thoughts are and what they have to live with for the rest of their lives!

Tricia....In the morning I will also put up a Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook. Anyone and everyone needs to know that with all of us behind this family, we will do whatever it takes to get this case investigated properly!

Thank you so much for doing this Peki51.

I would like to invite Shelia's family and friends to come to Websleuths to discuss the case. I can assure you you will find a large number of people who care and want to help.

I need a volunteer who can help with this case on Websleuths. Anyone? If interested please email me at tgrif@xmission.com

You need to be committed to helping Shelia's family though. Make sure you have the time before you volunteer OK?

Thanks,
Tricia

Did you already make the page on facebook? One has been created just recently. Maysville people are already joining. Justice for Sheila Deviney and her family!

Did you already make the page on facebook? One has been created just recently. Maysville people are already joining. Justice for Sheila Deviney and her family!

Yes, the Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook is now up! Loading information there as I find it.

Sheila was a sweet dear friend of mine, but unfortunately I cannot help with the case...I was not around when Sheila and Tyson were together....dating or married. I was totally crushed when I found out that she had died, it was almost two years after the fact. I lived in Maysville from my 7th grade year until I graduated, and lost contact with her until after she and Tyson had already split up. Sheila was two years younger than me, but we became pretty close my senior year. But a week after graduation I left for Texas, and pretty much lost touch with her. But....this is very ironic....I had been married for a little less than three years to a verbally abusive man, left him and when I went back to Maysville to visit my mother, Sheila was on my mind. Don't quote me on all the details, I think the year may have been around 2001 or 2002, but I somehow got ahold of her and talked to her forever on the phone....anyway to make a long story short, she started telling me all the hell she had been going through with Tyson. I was shocked but so glad she was not with him anymore. I saw her around this time as well, that was probably the last time I saw her. This precious lady needs to have justice, for all of her family....and the two children that she left behind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back