Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by easttexas View Post
    The complaining is by her daughter. She was 9 when her mother was murdered. She also lives with her father ad has for the last 6 years I think. It wasn't immediately ruled a homicide it was ruled accidental death and after 9 months, Sheila's parents were able to get it ruled correctly as a homicide. I don't think Sheila's daughter knows all of the facts or if the "facts" she knows are different than the truth KWIM.....I feel for the young lady. I think that most kids would find it difficult to be in her position. Also I think that Sheila's daughter was 2 when they divorced. Highly unlikely that she remembers much of what Sheila went through during the marriage. It also possible that she wasn't aware of all of the fighting over custody and especially the child support money. She doesn't know and I don't think she wants to either. Hope this helps a little.

    I don't think for one moment that the response posted was that of her daughter......maybe TH??????? Look at the vocabulary... Written to intentionaly throw suspicion away from him. We the people are not STUPID!!!!


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to inquiring mind For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by inquiring mind View Post
    I don't think for one moment that the response posted was that of her daughter......maybe TH??????? Look at the vocabulary... Written to intentionaly throw suspicion away from him. We the people are not STUPID!!!!
    And you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. In no way did I ever imply that we the people are stupid.

    It was presumptious of me to think a child would use slang on facebook. Who would have ever thought that would happen. (insert sarcasm....)
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  4. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    http://therothshow.com/2010/10/murde...unty-oklahoma/

    Things are happening in Garvin County!! Sheriff Brooks is being exposed for what he is. Election is just a couple of weeks away and I have so much faith and hope that finally the wheels of justice can start turning for Sheila, and Chandra Turner and Tom Horton.
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:


  6. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tulsa OK
    Posts
    144
    Living in OK after being away for 14 yrs...and wondering why the hell I came back sometimes. The good ol' boy crap never changes. I lived in Lawton in 1986 when a coed at Cameron University gave birth & killed the baby with the help of her softball team. She was found guilty & then freed after serving 76 days. I kid you not. Her daddy was a hotshot with the local pols so Kandi (I believe her name was Kandi Smith) was sprung. The killing happened on or about 9/17/86 but good luck finding anything about it in the media. I only know because I was visited by OSBI because I was 9 mos pregnant at the time & seen in the same dorm the day before visiting my sister.

    My prayer for all of the families involved is that someone finds the bravery to step forward & put an end to their pain...but I'm not holding my breath.


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snarky247 For This Useful Post:


  8. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarky247 View Post
    Living in OK after being away for 14 yrs...and wondering why the hell I came back sometimes. The good ol' boy crap never changes. I lived in Lawton in 1986 when a coed at Cameron University gave birth & killed the baby with the help of her softball team. She was found guilty & then freed after serving 76 days. I kid you not. Her daddy was a hotshot with the local pols so Kandi (I believe her name was Kandi Smith) was sprung. The killing happened on or about 9/17/86 but good luck finding anything about it in the media. I only know because I was visited by OSBI because I was 9 mos pregnant at the time & seen in the same dorm the day before visiting my sister.

    My prayer for all of the families involved is that someone finds the bravery to step forward & put an end to their pain...but I'm not holding my breath.
    I would like to say I am shocked and part of me still is that this happened and she only served 76 days. Wow. How does one get people to help in a thing like that???? And then never tell?? What a sad sad tale.
    I have a lot of faith that the people of Garvin County are fed up with this good ole boy system and vote accordingly. We'll see shortly.
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:


  10. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    5

    Talking Good News today!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ckwood32 View Post
    OMG I can't believe this case has not been investigated! This is so sad. Her poor children and family. I can't believe HE has custody of them! He is a killer! This case is so obvious. I am beyond angry.
    Morning all...a step FORWARD for Sheila's case.
    Garvin County officially has a NEW COUNTY SHERRIF; Larry Rhodes. He has committed to reopen AND actively investigate Sheila's case along with a few other suspicious deaths in Garvin County. Great news and great timing. Today would have been Sheila's 37th Birthday.
    Happy Birthday Sheila

    here's a link to a related story from several weeks ago...
    http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=13108121


  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forsheilaann For This Useful Post:


  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    5
    New County Sherriff for Garvin County Oklahoma today. Sheriff-Elect Larry Rhodes has promised to reopen and actively investigate Sheila's case!!
    I love the quote from the Eleventh Commandment website "thou shalt not get away with it!!..."
    The audacity of locals perpetuating these types haneous acts on women, mothers...victimizing them and then they just go on with their lives as if they are somehow immune to the rules of law.
    This case has gone unsolved too long. Time for JUSTICE FOR SHEILA!!!


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to forsheilaann For This Useful Post:


  14. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    Happy Birthday Sheila!!
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:


  16. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_shows/89

    This is a show Susan Murphy Milano did with the mothers of Sheila Deviney and Chandra Turner. Very informative. These cases are making progress!!
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:


  18. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    5

    Susan Murphy-Milano's radio show

    Last week's radio show was very good. To echo Susan's words...'I hope these folks have lawyer'd up" and I also enjoyed "they should enjoy the holidays with their families" may not be word for word, but very good to hear that she is not fuzzy in her message directed at these criminals.


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forsheilaann For This Useful Post:


  20. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    5
    snipped from the Pauls Valley Daily Democrat Feb 2010
    “We reviewed the Chandra Turner, Sheila Deviney and Garvin County Sheriff’s Office seizure of starving horses in Garvin County.

    “While we have empathy for their loss, we decline to further investigate those cases.”

    really???!!?! they heard the facts of Sheila's case and declined to further investigate?? What am I missing? I'll bet they were each glad it wasn't their daughter. No smoke in her lungs, ignitable fluid found on cloth and carpet near her body, reports of domestic abuse, scheduled court appearance for the follwing day in a bitter battle for child support, reports from friends and family that she feared for her life....naaah lets not pursue it. Did they hear THAT evidence??
    Soooo confused about this..
    here's the link:
    http://paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/...to-reveal-more


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forsheilaann For This Useful Post:


  22. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by forsheilaann View Post
    snipped from the Pauls Valley Daily Democrat Feb 2010
    “We reviewed the Chandra Turner, Sheila Deviney and Garvin County Sheriff’s Office seizure of starving horses in Garvin County.

    “While we have empathy for their loss, we decline to further investigate those cases.”

    really???!!?! they heard the facts of Sheila's case and declined to further investigate?? What am I missing? I'll bet they were each glad it wasn't their daughter. No smoke in her lungs, ignitable fluid found on cloth and carpet near her body, reports of domestic abuse, scheduled court appearance for the follwing day in a bitter battle for child support, reports from friends and family that she feared for her life....naaah lets not pursue it. Did they hear THAT evidence??
    Soooo confused about this..
    here's the link:
    http://paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/...to-reveal-more
    very confusing. every time i read one of these unsolved cases from oklahoma i get angry. i was raised in okla and lived there most of my life. something happened to me many years ago that left me very untrustful of law enforcement there. i was driving my sisters car and i got stopped for speeding. it was a bad tag so he had me get out and looked around in the car. he found an empty cig box with a tiny piece of a pot joint inside. he told me that he was going to arrest me. i figured i would call my sister down to explain it all and it would be fine. then he started telling me how we could "negotiate" and maybe he would not have to arrest me. i took a huge chance, but he was really young and stupid so i got away with it. i just jumped in my car and drove to the police station and he followed me. after i told what happened to the officer on duty at the station, he told me to just go on home and dont worry about it, i wasnt charged with anything, not even the speeding which i admitted to. it is not safe in oklahoma right now. the lack of effective law enforcement and the escalating drug epidemic makes it a very scary place.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus


  23. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    This case is quite intriguing

    If someone knows an answer on the following questions, It would be greatly appreciated:
    -Was Sheila's family doing bad financially?
    -Was the fire started internally or externally?
    -Was their any traces of her being tied up or any of the sort?
    -Was their any traces of accelerants upon the face?

    Thanks


  24. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    This case is quite intriguing

    If someone knows an answer on the following questions, It would be greatly appreciated:
    -Was Sheila's family doing bad financially?
    -Was the fire started internally or externally?
    -Was their any traces of her being tied up or any of the sort?
    -Was their any traces of accelerants upon the face?

    Thanks
    Sheila was a single mother of two children. She had $12.00 in her checking account at the time of her death. Yes, she was struggling financially.

    Fire was internal. With more than one point of origin

    I have not heard or read anything about her being tied up but something made her not able to run from the fire. Nothing ever explained about that.

    The following is a quote from Sheila's page.

    third was started on Sheila by way of flammable fluids splashed around her and clothing packed tight against her to make her a human torch. She was alive when the flames engulfed her.

    In case you haven't seen this yet I have linked her story here.
    http://www.sheiladeviney.org/Story.html
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:


  26. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    I have been following this and the other Oklahoma Cases since the beginning, but haven't posted on this thread before.

    Just wanted to say, having grown up in Southeastern Oklahoma (Madill); this case really hits home for me and I am constant in my prayers for Sheila's family, friends and loved ones and have NO doubt that they, along with WSers will not stop until justice is served.

    Since first going to Sheila's website and looking at the photos of her, I've been trying to figure out where I "know" of her from...in fact, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I showed her site to my sisters and parents and even asked them, if she looked familiar to them, thinking maybe it was from high school days or even my MSC days; But, I don't think that's it, considering our age difference.

    It still hasn't come to me yet, although I did recognize one of her friends in a picture with her and (same friend) with Sheila's mother in a newspaper article; who I went to HS with, but haven't seen in years.

    Anyway, just wanted to post in this thread to show my support and offer my prayers and condolences as we await justice for Sheila!


  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 6 USC Students killed in fire
    By s_finch in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
  2. Found Deceased UK - Sheila Chandler, 69, Calcot England, 2 Jan 2004
    By blueclouds in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 10:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •