Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

3dogmom

Former Member
Reaction score
LE from what we know have ended ground searches, we have also learned they discourage volunteers to participate in ground searches. WHY?

I personally believe they know she isn't out there to be found deceased in the area.

I think LE is on the track to her and they believe she wasn't taken and dumped.

I believe they know who hasn't been truthful due to the polygraphs and are watching those whos results were deceptive. But that is only my opinion.

Why do you think LE hasn't spoken and why they ended searches and communications to the public?

If there is a chance that a child's remains are out there somewhere, generally searches continue until they are found. It hasn't been long enough, IMO, for them to give up on that. Which tells me that they know she is either alive or not anywhere near there.

I agree, that is what bothers me. They even sent TES away after only a day or two.

They know something...I wish I knew what it was.

From the outside it looks like they just gave up, which I am sure isn't the case.

oh god let this just be some scam and they know she is alive somewhere PLEASE !!!

That is all we can pray for I guess.

It kills me to see no progress day after day.

When was the last time LE did a press conference? Seems like almost a month.

The family has said they learn stuff when the media learns it (from LE)...LE could be withholding what they have so the family (if involved) is not tipped off...

Maybe there just isn't anything to communicate.

Unorganized volunteers might come across a meth lab in the woods or trespass onto private property and get shot and stuffed into a hog pit. My guess is LE is protecting the public by requesting no more volunteer searches.

That is all we can pray for I guess.

It kills me to see no progress day after day.

I know what you mean....everyday I turn on HLN, CNN, Internet searches just to see if there has been any NEW breaks in the case and it's always the same thing, Misty said this or is accused of this, I'm so sick of hearing about her, I want to hear what the cops are finding, are they getting close to Haleigh? I can give two Shizzez about Misty at this point! BRING HALEIGH HOME!

Hi all. Cant believe someone else is up as late as I am. Had too much coffee today i guess. Gonna say a prayer for Haleigh before i go to bed.

LE from what we know have ended ground searches, we have also learned they discourage volunteers to participate in ground searches. WHY?

I personally believe they know she isn't out there to be found deceased in the area.

I think LE is on the track to her and they believe she wasn't taken and dumped.

I believe they know who hasn't been truthful due to the polygraphs and are watching those whos results were deceptive. But that is only my opinion.

Why do you think LE hasn't spoken and why they ended searches and communications to the public?
I agree with you. I think LE is just trying to do it by the book, and knows the world is watching. I also think they know who to watch, and are doing that. Nothing else to do i guess, except wait for the guilty person to slip up. Maybe soon.

I think that LE isn't searching because they don't have the manpower to do it. We saw something similar in the Caylee case. They only searched areas that they got a tip about or some clue. They didn't do a grid search, because they really had nowhere to begin. LE in this case has already search around and near the house. Unless they get a specific tip to where she may be, I don't think they will just do random searches. In the Caylee case if they had did a grid search, at least of the whole neighborhood they would probably have found her. It was frustrating at the time. I remember that people all over the board were upset because they weren't out looking for her.

I think that LE isn't searching because they don't have the manpower to do it. We saw something similar in the Caylee case. They only searched areas that they got a tip about or some clue. They didn't do a grid search, because they really had nowhere to begin. LE in this case has already search around and near the house. Unless they get a specific tip to where she may be, I don't think they will just do random searches. In the Caylee case if they had did a grid search, at least of the whole neighborhood they would probably have found her. It was frustrating at the time. I remember that people all over the board were upset because they weren't out looking for her.

This could be. And if the manpower isnt there to search, it certainly isnt there to try to regulate (and deal with) volunteers.

when they did the search at the mobile home they checked under it didnt they ?

It is normal for the police to request that the public not conduct searches. It is a liability issue, a manpower issue, a crime scene destruction issue, and a public safety issue.

That being said they cannot stop anyone from proceeding with a search if they are not trespassing. They can ask the family not to be involved with searches but they have no legal right to prevent you from doing so if you are not breaking any laws in the process.

If my child was missing and LE was not grid searching I can guarantee you I would be organizing my own.

I am in St. Petersburg this week and a few days ago I did hear the spokesperson for LE ask for the public's help in searching their property, the canals, etc. LE is not giving up the areas are VAST... they do go out ASAP when they receive a tip.

If they do not get Misty to CRACK and be completely honest it is making the job of finding precious Haleigh harder. I am a private citizen....I did ask if I could B***CH slap her and I was told NO......

No one is giving up on finding this beautiful little girl....

My heart tells me she will be found soon. Please pray that she will be found, I wish she would be safely and alive, but I do not beleive that is the case, and YES LE is doing their job.

Maybe there just isn't anything to communicate.

Unorganized volunteers might come across a meth lab in the woods or trespass onto private property and get shot and stuffed into a hog pit. My guess is LE is protecting the public by requesting no more volunteer searches.

I wish I could believe that LE has a good reason for not wanting people to search but I am struggling with that. Finding her is the important thing, to heck with if a searcher contaminates a scene or runs across illegal activity, at least they'd have a scene and Haleigh home! Sorry....I'm frustrated for this little girl. jmo

This really upsets me.I feel LE really needs to be doing these ground searches especially in areas that were not checked or have people doing them any way.Haleigh could really be out there.What have they heard about the sheet with rust and blood found on it?

However, IF her body is found anywhere near the woods around the mobile home and volunteers were "discouraged" in searching I am going to be HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back