1398 users online (270 members and 1128 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NE - Schade Family: Matt, Rowena, & 2 children, Knox County, 20 March 2009

Authorities ask for help in finding missing Nebraska family

Ten days ago a Northeast Nebraska family vanished, Monday night relatives and authorities are asking for your help to find them.

Knox County has recently issued a missing persons alert for Matt Schade, his wife Rowena and their two children.

The family was last seen by Matt's father, on March 20th.

"We were contacted by family members who were worried because they hadn't had any contact with them in a couple of days," explained Knox County Sheriff Jim Janecek.

The family left their home in Creighton, Nebraska in a black Ford Taurus under what the sheriff says is allegations of possible family violence.

"We had had a report of family violence, and that is why we started the investigation. At the time the Deputy returned on the 20th, we had no grounds at that time to continue the investigation," Janecek said.

Two days later, when the family couldn't be located, the Knox County Sheriff started an investigation into their disapperance.

"We would just like to find out that they are all right and the family is tremendously worried," said Janecek.

KTIV did speak to Chet Schade, Matt's father and he said, off camera, that he hopes to see his son and his family back as soon as possible, safe and sound.

http://www.ktiv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10098068

Interesting. Only article I can find is the one above. I wonder what they mean by "family violence". Wish there was more information.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

I found a few but they all say basically the same thing. I to wished there were more info. Im sure it will come out soon.

Missing Family

According to information received on Tuesday from sheriff’s in Nebraska, 26-year-old Matthew Schade, his 29-year-old wife Rowena and their two children ages 11 and 8 were last seen on March 20th.

A Black Ford Taurus registered to Schade was found in the area on Tuesday.

A more extensive search continued Wednesday morning.

http://www.kotaradio.com/news.asp?eid=5002&ID=2684

I saw an email today at work purporting to be from Rowena's sister. it mentions that Matt can have mood swings and be abusive and that the wife was planning to leave him. Very troubling situation and I hope they will all be found unharmed.

Praying for their safe return.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512197,00.html

RAPID CITY, S.D. — An abandoned car belonging to a missing Nebraska family of four has been found on an isolated road in the Black Hills National Forest in South Dakota.

The car was found Tuesday and a search for the family began Wednesday.

The car, registered to Matt Schade, of Creighton, Neb., was found in the Pactola Lake/Silver City area in western South Dakota, the Pennington County sheriff's office said.

Schade, his wife, Rowena, and 11- and 8-year-old children were last seen March 20.

Rapid City police and Pennington County Search and Rescue joined the sheriff's department in the search. The search was to resume Thursday.

Article states Matthew Schade is on probation for burglary - arrest warrant has been issued - failure to report to probation officer regarding his whereabouts. Rowena Schade 29 is also on probation.

The Matthew Schade family left their home in rural Creighton, Nebraska, on March 20 during the night. They left their home with freshly baked cookies still on the table, homework in the living room, and took very few clothes. They have not been heard from since. They did take a lot of camping supplies for cold weather, so they could be headed for Canada. Those missing are:
    Sean - Age 8
    Devon - Age 11
    Rowena - Age 29
    Matthew (Matt) - In mid to late 20's- May have a full red beard

Matthew is known to display mood swings from passive to serious anger episodes and is very abusive.

http://kbrx.com/NEWSCENTER.html

For six years in a row, Matthew Schade attended a survival camp in the search area through his church and "expressed he would like to live like a hermit in the mountains."
    The same day they left an officer went to investigate allegations of abuse,saw no injuries and no arrests were made. The part where they found the car has been covered in 2 feet of snow since Tuesday so i can't imagine anyone wanting to camp out in conditions like that.

And ckwood,good job,you beat me to it =)
    Last edited by Tonia; 04-02-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Tonia you got more information than I did! LOL.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-02-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: was not information or family support

Matthew has contacted his father, says the familiy is okay, and wants to be left alone. The search has been scaled back.

http://news.aol.com/article/missing-...amily%2F410507

Humm I hope his father spoke to the Mother and children. Just having one of the members say "we are ok, leave us alone" isn't good enough for me. Plus I am assuming if both are on probation they would be in violation for leaving and going 400 miles away. I pray they are all alive.

This is such a bizarre story....I am worried about those kids! I hope they continue to search! How scary to be living in the wilderness with an abuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl View Post
    This is such a bizarre story....I am worried about those kids! I hope they continue to search! How scary to be living in the wilderness with an abuser.
    When I hear this type of "missing family" case, my mind always goes to the Longo case. I pray that everyone in the family is safe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast