How Does the Internet Rate You?

capoly

Reaction score
How Does the Internet Rate You?

Following in the footsteps of sites like RateMyProfessors and RateMDs, the founder of PersonRatings said he hopes the site will be a clearinghouse of information on millions of American adults, giving users the opportunity to read about and rate others on a range of qualities, including sexiness, smarts, trustworthiness and humor.

"People are the No. 1 interest of other people," said Jeremy Stamper, the CEO of Topic5, LLC, the company behind PersonRatings. He said he wants the site to be a "one-stop shop" that puts ratings on every single adult American in one place. ....

Some People Rated Without Their Knowledge

To seed the site with content before its official launch, Stamper said PersonRatings purchased profiles of people from a data company that scraped information from MySpace and other social networking profiles.

Even though the people behind those profiles didn't choose to create a profile on PersonRatings, now that one has been created for them, there's no going back, Stamper said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Story?id=7222890&page=1

"To seed the site with content before its official launch, Stamper said PersonRatings purchased profiles of people from a data company that scraped information from MySpace and other social networking profiles.

Even though the people behind those profiles didn't choose to create a profile on PersonRatings, now that one has been created for them, there's no going back, Stamper said."

Sleaze and arrogance......I don't think I like the site either, Boyz Mum.

capoly, I looked at the site from the ABC link and don't understand the concept at all! (I am an internet dummy.) It just struck me as being so stupid? :waitasec:

capoly, I looked at the site from the ABC link and don't understand the concept at all! (I am an internet dummy.) It just struck me as being so stupid? :waitasec:

Yep..that's what it is...stupid. And it'll draw other stupid people who will leave negative remarks about people they don't even know and eventually it'll get shut down just as that other similar site was.

Let's just hope that while he's getting his 15 minutes of fame some vulnerable person isn't harassed to the point of 6 feet under.

I dislike the internet more and more, everyday... so once you are put on that site (not by you, by anyone else), you are there for good. I don't like that... to take control over my presence on the internet and telling me I can't take my info down just ticks me off...

I dislike the internet more and more, everyday... so once you are put on that site (not by you, by anyone else), you are there for good. I don't like that... to take control over my presence on the internet and telling me I can't take my info down just ticks me off...

I don't like that at all! At least when people wrote your phone number on the bathroom wall, you could mark it out. Well, I hope they can "shut it down"...

I don't like that at all! At least when people wrote your phone number on the bathroom wall, you could mark it out. Well, I hope they can "shut it down"...

Hmmm.....hmmmm.....not sure how to word this as I've never before had the opportunity of knowing the person behind the number....but....

Did you get any calls and what was your claim to fame????

:floorlaugh:

Hmmm.....hmmmm.....not sure how to word this as I've never before had the opportunity of knowing the person behind the number....but....

Did you get any calls and what was your claim to fame????

:floorlaugh:

It was so long ago, but my name was Jenny... 867-5309.

:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back