1357 users online (287 members and 1070 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    CA - Grandma locks child in closet for days at a time

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30002936

    Atascadero is in CA. Look what the LE officer actually says about this grandma POS - she is "wicked", that's the only word I can find to describe her.

    Poor baby, I hope she is safe now and in good hands.

    Salem

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,648
    I would say that he picked the right word. I wonder how old the mother is since the grandma is still young and has small children of her own. I hope all of these kids are put with a loving family and given a shot at a normal life.
    Happy New Years

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas at the moment :)
    Posts
    1,933
    what ever happened to an eye for an eye? Lock the evil witch in a closet for days with 1 jug of water and wish her good luck. Do that about 100 times over and maybe that's a start of her punishment.

    Poor babe.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    She's 42 with a 9-year-old grandchild?? The drawings on the walls and floor break my heart. I can just picture that child in there, trying to stay sane by drawing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,229
    I can think of a lot of descriptive words for this so called grandma. Wicked would be the least of them!

    I am so glad this child was taken out of that h*ll hole!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    I'm glad we don't treat the grandmother like she treated the little girl. I don't WANT to act like the grandmother. Her behavior is depraved and I don't strive to imitate it.

    My prayers for this very messed up family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    I agree southcitymom - I would never want to act this way either. BUT - sometimes it does make me feel good to rant and when I do, I can say things like this while stomping my feet

    I do seriously and honestly hope this woman spends a long time behind bars. And I hope the little girl recovers. I think she will probably be claustrophobic (sp?) for the rest of her life, no matter how much therapy she gets. And she will probably never really trust anyone again. So sad for this child.

    Salem

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas at the moment :)
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I'm glad we don't treat the grandmother like she treated the little girl. I don't WANT to act like the grandmother. Her behavior is depraved and I don't strive to imitate it.

    My prayers for this very messed up family.
    My comment earlier wasn't about imitating her Southcity... it was about deserved punishment, appropriate punishment. An eye for an eye. It has nothing to do with 'lowering' myself to her level at all.

    I believe that if punishment becomes far more severe in this world, in North America, some of this stuff will stop.

    Why be humane to an inhumane action? Especially when it comes to children, it should be the most vile horrible punishment imaginable. Children are the most innocent of all and we need to protect them by having very VERY scary punishment to the criminal. Some people would think twice if they were deathly afraid of the punishment.

    Being lax and not wanting very strong punishment is what's wrong with this and why so many keep getting away or getting off easy with crimes against children.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I agree southcitymom - I would never want to act this way either. BUT - sometimes it does make me feel good to rant and when I do, I can say things like this while stomping my feet :)

    I do seriously and honestly hope this woman spends a long time behind bars. And I hope the little girl recovers. I think she will probably be claustrophobic (sp?) for the rest of her life, no matter how much therapy she gets. And she will probably never really trust anyone again. So sad for this child.

    Salem
    I hear you, Salem - I do understand that a LOT of that type of venting that goes on here is just that - venting! I do get that, though it's not where I go when I read these things!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    My comment earlier wasn't about imitating her Southcity... it was about deserved punishment, appropriate punishment. An eye for an eye. It has nothing to do with 'lowering' myself to her level at all.

    I believe that if punishment becomes far more severe in this world, in North America, some of this stuff will stop.

    Why be humane to an inhumane action? Especially when it comes to children, it should be the most vile horrible punishment imaginable. Children are the most innocent of all and we need to protect them by having very VERY scary punishment to the criminal. Some people would think twice if they were deathly afraid of the punishment.

    Being lax and not wanting very strong punishment is what's wrong with this and why so many keep getting away or getting off easy with crimes against children.
    I understand your position, PC. There are plenty of countries around that have eye-for-an-eye justice, but I'd never be interested in living there. I think that philosophy leaves the whole world blind.

    From my perspective, it is ALWAYS wrong to torture and brutalize a sentient being. It's particularly offensive when such behavior is done to those least able to protect themselves (like children, the elderly, animals), but it is always offensive. But I can't think of one single even halfway decent reason (because there's not one) to torture and harm another human being, regardless of what they have done. And I'm glad America feels the same way.

    I'm all about strengthening our laws so that people who commit brutal crimes don't mix with polite society anymore, but I can't get behind bloodthirsty laws. The reason to be humane to someone who does something inhumane is simple - because we are not inhumane, we are not savages.

    As for justice - we do the best we can with that here, but we are ill-equipped to carry it out. If we locked this grandmother in a closet with no food until she died that would not bring genuine justice to her granddaughter, who will live with the effects of this abuse for life and who will not in any way be made whole mentally, spiritually and emotionally by her grandmother's slow, tortured death. I think the best we can do is to make sure the grandmother doesn't have a chance to do it again to someone else.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,078
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    what ever happened to an eye for an eye? Lock the evil witch in a closet for days with 1 jug of water and wish her good luck. Do that about 100 times over and maybe that's a start of her punishment.

    Poor babe.
    why give her water?

    If this woman did this to her granddaughter, I wonder how she treated her own children

    When I read about the drawings on the inside wall of the closet , how sad! That poor child was trying to do something normal to pass the time in her prison.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    379
    Geez. I am 42, have 5 kids, 4 which are under age 8 and a 3 year old grandson. I was 17 when I got pregnant with my oldest so that grandmother had to be even younger. WHere is the child's mother?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknrebel View Post
    Geez. I am 42, have 5 kids, 4 which are under age 8 and a 3 year old grandson. I was 17 when I got pregnant with my oldest so that grandmother had to be even younger. WHere is the child's mother?
    I'm speculating here - but I think mom is either in jail or strung out on meth. Very sad all the way around.

    Salem

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,078
    the little girl's mom is dead. Thank God the school notified Social Services.

    http://cbs2.com/local/Tami.Underwood....2.974204.html

    County social services spokeswoman Tracy Buckingham says the
    agency was notified March 17 that the girl was repeatedly absent
    from school.

    The girl, whose mother died about four years ago, and two Underwood children, ages 13 and 5, are in protective custody.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,078
    This article has a picture of this wicked woman.

    http://www.sanluisobispo.com/183/story/671046.html

    “We all just learned of this,” Buckingham said. “The only referral we received was of general neglect very recently, and she would not answer her door.”

    Underwood may have been new to the county, Buckingham said.

    Local court records show the grandmother was convicted in 1996 of violating a court order and served nine days in jail. She had been arrested in that case on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and stealing a vehicle, but those charges were dismissed.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CO - Grandma locks 13yr old in kennel while working
    By christine2448 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 06:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 05:25 PM
  3. Man assaults girl, hides in closet for days until mom finds him
    By OkieGranny in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 11:42 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
  5. PA - Washington Grandma Locks Boy, 10, In Dog Crate, Claims He Poisoned Her
    By White Rain in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 11:06 AM