NY - 13 people killed, 4 injured in shooting at immigration center, 3 April 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512441,00.html

DEVELOPING: At least four people were shot Friday and 41 hostages taken at an immigration center in upstate New York.
There may be some fatalities in the rampage at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, N.Y., according to local media reports.
Binghamton Mayor Matthew Ryan told the local Press & Sun Bulletin newspaper that the gunman had a high-powered rifle. The shooter was described by local media as an Asian male in a green jacket.
Apartments and schools in the area have been evacuated or are on lockdown.
The mayhem began about 10:30 a.m. EDT Friday.
(more at link)

I'm watching this live on FoxNews right now. They're saying Wilson Medical Center is treating 5 victims right now and at least 1 is in critical condition.

They're also saying the FBI is currently sending in hostage response negotiators as well as an evidence response team.

Fox News now reporting that 4 people are dead and 5 have been shot (at least one is in critical condition)

There is a live feed at the below link, but all I'm getting is audio.

Four dead, more than a dozen wounded, hostages held in Binghamton, NY, shootings, law enforcement official tells CNN

http://www.cnn.com/

Thanks much for the updates, you guys, as I don't own a TV.

Per Cnn.com, people hiding in boiler room?

Per eyewitness...two people arrested?

Eyewitness: "I work right across the street. I heard nothing. It must have been a silent approach. I did not hear the gunman enter the building firing" Also says she is not aware of any security at the building, and that Friday is normally the busiest day there. Civic Center has refugees from ALL countries. Says a police man came to the door of her building and confirmed to her that 13 are dead and the situation is far from over.

Report: Gunman blocked the door with his car to keep people from escaping (hasn't been confirmed)

ABC News: Reporting 13 people have been killed.

Fox News: Police are asking to bring in a Vietnamese translator.

Witness: No one is entering the building (medics, coroners, etc) at this time.

Reports of a suspect fleeing over the Court Street Bridge are coming across the police scanners. Have not been confirmed.

Anyone heard what is up with the bridge?? I couldn't understand what the lady was saying. I'm watching Fox News.

EDIT: I guess I was in the middle of posting when you answered Kaylynn, thanks!

Anyone heard what is up with the bridge?? I couldn't understand what the lady was saying. I'm watching Fox News.

EDIT: I guess I was in the middle of posting when you answered Kaylynn, thanks!

You're welcome :)

I guess that Geraldo was on The Live Desk (on Fox News) asking the woman on the phone if she'd heard anything about "a suspect that has reportedly fled over the Court Street Bridge". He apparently heard it on a police scanner, and it hasn't been confirmed. The woman said she "wasn't sure".

ABC News reporting 26 have been wounded and 13 dead.

American Red Cross on scene giving support supplying food and coffee to police, victims, families and media.

Fox News: Bridge report of suspect fleeing over bridge is now being confirmed as a false alarm

Police: 2 handguns recovered from the scene.

Update: Shooting in Binghamton

Two men taken out in handcuffs and put in police cars, dozens of people are exiting the building.

http://www.wbng.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back