MA - Mother Stabs 2 yr. old Toddler with scissors

Tonia

Reaction score
Mom Charged In Stabbing Said Cult Was Stalking Her

A mother was arrested late Wednesday night, for allegedly stabbing her 2-year-old daughter with a pair of scissors and then trying to strangle her. According to officials, the woman claimed a cult was stalking her.

The violence broke out inside the laundry room of the Heywood-Wakefield Place apartment building. Gardner police say two residents and a security guard helped save the little girl after hearing the commotion.

According to police, 38-year-old Susan Johnson stabbed the child in the torso, neck and head. The woman then allegedly grabbed a dryer cord and tried to strangle her daughter.

http://wbztv.com/video/?id=74842@wbz.dayport.com

Again another one of these stories that you just can't comprehend. It seems the mom has some mental issues, I hope the baby is safe here on out, away from her!

What a horrible horrible thing for anyone to have to witness and stop. Thank God they were able to stop her though!

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/...-Scissors/N--mFTmvbk2jRD0MqmDTFQ.cspx?rss=702

GARDNER, Mass. (AP) -- A woman who believes she was being stalked by a cult has been charged with stabbing her 2-year-old daughter 100 times with scissors, her lawyer and police have said, and can be heard yelling "Die! Die!" on a 911 call.

Susan Johnson's screams can be heard on the 911 call made by a security guard who helped to subdue her in a laundry room at a Gardner apartment building Wednesday night.

Johnson, 38, also used an electrical cord from a dryer to try and strangle the toddler, police said, but the security guard and two residents separated mother and child just before police arrived.

"I heard a woman screaming very loudly that she was going to 'Kill, kill, I have to kill you, Die, die, die,"' said resident Real Belliveau, 65, who lives just down the hall from the laundry room. He was watching a Boston Celtics game on TV when he heard the commotion.

That poor baby! I cannot even imagine what she must have been feeling and thinking. Thank God that the security guard was there to call 911. I am praying that the little one makes a full recovery and gets placed in a loving home.

well yet again another poor innocent has been harmed maimed for life ..i hope that the baby gets to go to a family that really will love her ..god doesnt put children on earth to be harmed they are to be cherished and my heart breaks everytime i read yet another baby has been harmed .. im going to hold my golden haired angel now and thank god i have her

How terribly sad that poor little baby. Once again another one of these stories that you just can't comprehend. What really pizzs me off is that she will probably get off with consoling, maybe a short stay in a metal health clinic and probation. The reason I say this is Mass. Child Abuse Laws Stink. Also were going back about 16yrs. ago there was a woman here in Pittsfield, Ma. I can't recall the first name but the last name was Bates I believe the street it happened on was Crane Ave. She did this same horrific act to her two and tried setting the house on fire. I bring this up for 2 reasons what this mother, I mean monster did is so copy cat of what happened here. With the exception of the fire and cross this mother drew on the wall. She only received probation, consoling, and short stay in a mental hospital. While these 2 children get to live with physical and emotional pain everyday. I will be praying for this poor baby.
Also here's a link to the article in are local paperhttp://www.berkshireeagle.com

From my read, this sounds like it may turn out to be one of those folie à deux cases where the woman's delusions of the cult chasing her were reified by her treating therapist. Sadly, that area seems to be rather thick with so-called "cult & ritual trauma experts" who seem more intent on proving there is a world-wide government-run cult conspiracy than ethically treating their troubled patients.

April 2010:

A Turners Falls woman who was raising an insanity defense to charges of trying to murder her 2-year-old daughter with a pair of scissors will undergo a psychological evaluation after pleading guilty today to a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon...

The child received medical treatment for what Assistant District Attorney Paula J. Frasso said today were superficial wounds and was placed in the custody of the state Department of Children and Families...

She was scheduled to be tried today in Worcester Superior Court on charges of armed assault with intent to murder, attempted murder, assault and battery on a child with injury, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous weapon...

four mental health professionals, including one hired by the prosecution, agreed that Ms. Johnson lacked criminal responsibility for the crimes with which she was charged because of her mental condition at the time.

http://m.telegram.com/article/20100405/NEWS/100409873/1116

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back