1265 users online (264 members and 1001 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
    ARIELILANE....

Why do you persist in posting your "In my Opinion" smiley faces, and balloons...etc.

I thought this was a discusson forum for Brian Shaffer....Not Facebook,
    No offence intended, but I would like to see the Forum used for Useful Discussion rather then meaningless irrelivant happy face/balloon posting.

Just My Opinion!

Every time this thread is bumped, Brian's name remains visible. I am thankful for every post, and thankful that people still care.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterMadly View Post
    Every time this thread is bumped, Brian's name remains visible. I am thankful for every post, and thankful that people still care.

Yea...but come one...there are pages filled with no decussion on the case...thats what this is for isn't it???

Can't we discuss the case more here???

New article out today in the OSU student paper:

Is Brian Shaffer alive?

Missing med student might be alive, attorney says; brother suspects best friend has knowledge of incident that happened three years ago

More at link...

http://media.www.thelantern.com/medi...-3707043.shtml
    This might sound utterly ridiculous but what IF Brian is alive? Of course, I have always hoped he was but sincerely doubted that was the case. When you think about it, Clint is the only person who refused a polygraph and essentially lawyered up at a certain point and refused to talk. What if he DOES know something? Suppose Brian told Clint that night he was leaving and didn't want anyone to know where he was going, except Clint? Maybe it's a situation where Clint is harboring this secret and vowed to never tell where Brian was. When you think about Clint's behavior, it's either a scenario like that or else he knows Brian is NOT alive and knows something about that too.

I personally find it very hard to believe Brian is alive and would do that to his family. And especially after Randy Shaffer's death, you would definitely think he would have come back and let everyone know he was alive. I just find Clint's behavior somewhat strange and I think he knows more than what he is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    This might sound utterly ridiculous but what IF Brian is alive? Of course, I have always hoped he was but sincerely doubted that was the case. When you think about it, Clint is the only person who refused a polygraph and essentially lawyered up at a certain point and refused to talk. What if he DOES know something? Suppose Brian told Clint that night he was leaving and didn't want anyone to know where he was going, except Clint? Maybe it's a situation where Clint is harboring this secret and vowed to never tell where Brian was. When you think about Clint's behavior, it's either a scenario like that or else he knows Brian is NOT alive and knows something about that too.

I personally find it very hard to believe Brian is alive and would do that to his family. And especially after Randy Shaffer's death, you would definitely think he would have come back and let everyone know he was alive. I just find Clint's behavior somewhat strange and I think he knows more than what he is telling.
    I don't think it's utterly ridiculous at all. I have never been able to make up my mind on what I believe happened to Brian. The thing that has made me start to feel that he is no longer alive is the fact that it has been 3 years with no word from or about him. He's a guy who by all accounts had a close, loving relationship with his family and his girlfriend. I feel like if he would have snapped under stress from school and grieving and taken off, well, I can't see someone who has those close relationships being able to leave for 3 years without a word to any of his loved ones. 3 days or 3 weeks, sure, but not 3 years with absolutely zero contact. Maybe that's projecting too much of my personality onto a stranger, but it just doesn't feel plausible to me. I understand that feeling of wanting to run away from everything, but would never be able to leave my loved ones, at least not for a long period of time!

But then I second guess that feeling - what if he's in a fugue? What if he was/is experiencing some kind of psychosis that negates those feelings of wanting to be with loved ones? Those things seem implausible though too.

Somewhere, someone knows something and he needs to be found.

I don't think it's utterly ridiculous at all. I have never been able to make up my mind on what I believe happened to Brian. The thing that has made me start to feel that he is no longer alive is the fact that it has been 3 years with no word from or about him. He's a guy who by all accounts had a close, loving relationship with his family and his girlfriend. I feel like if he would have snapped under stress from school and grieving and taken off, well, I can't see someone who has those close relationships being able to leave for 3 years without a word to any of his loved ones. 3 days or 3 weeks, sure, but not 3 years with absolutely zero contact. Maybe that's projecting too much of my personality onto a stranger, but it just doesn't feel plausible to me. I understand that feeling of wanting to run away from everything, but would never be able to leave my loved ones, at least not for a long period of time!

But then I second guess that feeling - what if he's in a fugue? What if he was/is experiencing some kind of psychosis that negates those feelings of wanting to be with loved ones? Those things seem implausible though too.

Somewhere, someone knows something and he needs to be found.
    Thanks, SisterMadly. I know it's not ridiculous that he could still be alive..just the circumstances behind his disappearance if he is still alive, IF Clint knows something more than he's telling. If Brian did go off and Clint knows it, I just find it unreal that Clint wouldn't have spoken up by now. With searches being organized and fundraisers, not to mention the grief and anxiety of Brian's family...and then Randy Shaffer dying so tragically, for someone to sit back and watch all that unfold and possibly know something about Brian's whereabouts, to me it just defies all reality that he wouldn't come forth and tell what he knows. I'm relatively sure that is NOT the case...but I just find Clint's behavior kind of strange.

What possible reason would he have to take off and stay away and hurt his family and girlfriend over? Doesn't his friend, Clint, have a conscious? He knows what the family went through, what his father and brother went through THREE weeks after they lost their wife and mother. What possible reason could Clint have for keeping Brians secret, if he is alive? I understand about being a good friend, but that would be ridiculous that Clint could still, after all this time, keep his friends secret, knowing that Brians brother is alone in the world now. That would be cruel. If Brian IS hiding, why? Criminal activity? Was Brian an informant? His life in danger? If Brian just needed to get away because he could not handle the pressures, or wanted to get away from his girlfriend, you would think that somehow he would have still contacted his family, especially his brother when his father died! JMO

It is my opinion that his friend Clint is either directly involved or he was involved in something else that he's afraid of losing his "Medical License" for admitting. May be "Drug Use" was the underlying cause of the disappearance and he is afraid of either being charged with his death, or losing his medical license for using drugs.

Just an opinion I've had for a while....why else would he choose not to talk to police...

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    What possible reason would he have to take off and stay away and hurt his family and girlfriend over? Doesn't his friend, Clint, have a conscious? He knows what the family went through, what his father and brother went through THREE weeks after they lost their wife and mother. What possible reason could Clint have for keeping Brians secret, if he is alive? I understand about being a good friend, but that would be ridiculous that Clint could still, after all this time, keep his friends secret, knowing that Brians brother is alone in the world now. That would be cruel. If Brian IS hiding, why? Criminal activity? Was Brian an informant? His life in danger? If Brian just needed to get away because he could not handle the pressures, or wanted to get away from his girlfriend, you would think that somehow he would have still contacted his family, especially his brother when his father died! JMO
    I was just presenting a "what if" situation based on the article in The Lantern. Evidently Brian's brother is questioning this too. I also said in my previous post that I wondered how Clint or anyone could stand by and watch all that has gone on including the searches, death of Randy, etc. and said I just can't believe he could sit back and watch all that go on and not say anything. Brian's brother Derrick is no doubt questioning this because of Clint's refusal to take a polygraph or answer any questions. Why would he do this? People say it's no big deal, anyone is free to refuse to take a lie detector test. True, but if it's your best friend who is missing you would think the person would be helping to move heaven and earth trying to find him. So no, I don't in my heart believe Brian is alive but I just presented a theory asking what if he was, based on Clint's refusal to talk or get involved in the disappearance of his supposed best friend.

No problemo, I was not attacking you, I was "attacking" this Clint fellow for being such a creep that he cannot/will not come clean and tell the police and Brians brother what he knows. My point was that there should be NO reason on earth that Clint would/should continue to protect Brian IF he were alive, and if he is, he is a world class creep, unless Brian or his family were in some kind of danger. Otherwise, his behavior is very suspicious, so I was agreeing with you, and stating what a jerk Clint is for not taking a lie detector and/or stating what he knows. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    I was just presenting a "what if" situation based on the article in The Lantern. Evidently Brian's brother is questioning this too. I also said in my previous post that I wondered how Clint or anyone could stand by and watch all that has gone on including the searches, death of Randy, etc. and said I just can't believe he could sit back and watch all that go on and not say anything. Brian's brother Derrick is no doubt questioning this because of Clint's refusal to take a polygraph or answer any questions. Why would he do this? People say it's no big deal, anyone is free to refuse to take a lie detector test. True, but if it's your best friend who is missing you would think the person would be helping to move heaven and earth trying to find him. So no, I don't in my heart believe Brian is alive but I just presented a theory asking what if he was, based on Clint's refusal to talk or get involved in the disappearance of his supposed best friend.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

ARIELILANE....

Why do you persist in posting your "In my Opinion" smiley faces, and balloons...etc.

I thought this was a discusson forum for Brian Shaffer....Not Facebook,
    No offence intended, but I would like to see the Forum used for Useful Discussion rather then meaningless irrelivant happy face/balloon posting.

Just My Opinion!
    Yea...but come one...there are pages filled with no decussion on the case...thats what this is for isn't it???

Can't we discuss the case more here???
    My answer for you is that Brian will not be forgotten here. I will try my hardest to keep his thread on the first page of this forum, and if that means I post a picture (basically bumping the thread); so be it. You my dear friend, monkeymann, are free to post and initiate a discussion at anytime, and I may possibly join in. By keeping his thread on the first page is one way to keep me from posting pictures. So you may begin discussion of this case at anytime; I welcome it. In addition, it is not necessary to scream (using caps) my hat name. Thank you

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Thanks for posting the article from the Lantern. Clint Florence's behavior is inexplicable, unless he knows something he doesn't want to reveal. I am not ordinarily a fan of the "if I was in that position" type of analysis, but:

If my best friend disappeared, I would hook myself up to polygraph and beg LE to ask me questions, just to move the case forward. There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do to find her, period. And I am always suspicious of "friends" and "witnesses" in these missing person cases who relocate themselves while the other friends and family members are putting up posters and doing all they can to find their loved one.

The Psychic Kids episode where the kids talk to Randy and go the the Ugly Toona was re-run the other day. I had not noticed, in the original broadcast, that a disclaimer was made, before the visit to tell Randy the results, that there were things that couldn't be discussed on the episode because the case is still open. It would be nice to know what was said that couldn't be put on the show. One thing that was said on the show was that "a woman knows more than she is telling."

Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    My answer for you is that Brian will not be forgotten here. I will try my hardest to keep his thread on the first page of this forum, and if that means I post a picture (basically bumping the thread); so be it. You my dear friend, monkeymann, are free to post and initiate a discussion at anytime, and I may possibly join in. By keeping his thread on the first page is one way to keep me from posting pictures. So you may begin discussion of this case at anytime; I welcome it. In addition, it is not necessary to scream (using caps) my hat name. Thank you

For the Record I wasn't "Screaming"...I was just typing a header to my post and I put it in caps like I always do with peoples names. Quit being so sincetive.

And I stand by what I said...pages upon pages of posting with no content is a little anoying when the purpose of this forum is to discuss the case. I realize that you're trying to keep the thread alive, but give me a break...you need to participate in the discussion more and "Bump Up" less.

Just my Opinion!
    Last edited by monkeymann; 04-20-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: error

http://media.www.thelantern.com/medi...-3707043.shtml already posted.
    In reading this news article, it does seem that Brian's best friend knows something, as well as one of the girls seen on video that night.
    What it is, I don't know.
    If Brian S decided to just go away, the stress of his mom's death too much for him, you would think that after a few months, he would be back.
    But, three years and other deaths in Brian's family, including his dad's and leaving his girl friend behind and his medical career behind, what could he be thinking of, except of himself?

You could say, maybe he had to get away, his mom's death was just overwhelming.
    You could say maybe there were family dynamics that were such that he and his dad were not close.
    You could say, maybe he never wanted to be a doctor.
    You could say, maybe he was falling out of love with his girlfriend, maybe her goals were not his any longer.
    You could say all this, we just do not know.

Now his best friend has a lawyer.
    One of the girls in the video has never been polygraphed and neither has his brother.
    For heaven's sake, what is LE thinking?

If Brian S did not disappear willingly, then where is he?

Maybe the best friend did give him drugs, as suggested, and the combo of drugs and alcohol, did cause him to die? Maybe Brian S was taken out of the only exit not covered by cameras and left in a nearby constructon dumpster?

I pray we all know the truth soon.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Very interesting and the best friend has refused to take 2 polygraphs and the only one to refuse to do so.

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast