Identified! Canada - Toronto, Ont, UID Male 1042UMON, Jun'03 - Michael McDermott

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamar

Reaction score
The Doe Network: Case File 1042UMON

Unidentified White Male:

The victim was discovered on June 28, 2003 in Toronto, Ontario
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics:

Estimated age: 30-50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 173-178 cm (5'8"-5'10")

Distinguishing Characteristics: Long and thin face. Crooked nose, leaning towards the right. Healed broken ribs on lower left side. Injured/broken bones on outer palms of both hands, possibly from heavy/repetitive physical labour. Left knee and ankle athritic. Likely walked with a limp, favouring left side. Medium to medium/large build.

Dentals: Natural, missing several teeth. Dental health - poor. Teeth stained from coffee or tobacco use.

Clothing: Knee length, white apron. Red tank top, 'Jerzees' brand, medium (size 38 - 40). Demin jeans. Black leather or vinyl belt, rectangular metal buckle. Running shoes, 'Brooks' brand, teal and white in colour, yellow trim, high-cut, missing laces.

Jewelry: Ring - solid metal band, cuts around the circumference. Bracelet - solid metal U-shaped bracelet with rope design around the circumference

Case History:

The victim was located in the area known as Eglinton Flats, near the northwest corner of Jane Street and Eglinton Avenue West. The remains were found near the soccer fields.

NAMPN: Roger Dale Pierce:

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance:

Missing Since: June 20, 2003 from Tupelo, Mississippi
Classification: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: December 17, 1952
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White

Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars on both forearms
and a tattoo of the name "Terri" on one of his arms. Broken
upper front tooth. Wears eyeglasses with gold metal frames.
Medical Conditions: Unspecified medical condition that
requires medication.

Clothing: Green t-shirt and blue jeans.
Jewelry: Gold and silver colored watch on left wrist, gold
ring set with a black onyx stone.

NCIC Number: M-853371174
Case Number: 2003014277

Details of Disappearance:

Pierce was last seen at approximately 3:30 p.m. on June 20, 2003, purchasing a bus ticket to Denver, Colorado at the Greyhound bus station in Tupelo, Mississippi.

Attachments

• pierce_roger.jpg
    pierce_roger.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1042UMON5.jpg
    1042UMON5.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 25
The pictures look similar, especially the nose.

My only concern is that it says skeletal remains and this UID was found 8 days after Roger went missing. I wonder how accurate his missing date is?

good point jules.... tho, I've noticed that 'skeletal' can mean part/some decomposition, but not necessarily entire.

The height, weight, northern travel, and reconstruction are what struck me.

Ruled out:

1042UMON was identified as Michael Basil McDermott.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/michele_mandel/2010/03/06/13138206.html

Then about four years ago, Sean was once again scanning the OPP website when he came across a description of human remains found at the Eglinton Flats Park, his brother's old neighbourhood. The estimated age and height seemed to match as did the man's injuries - Michael had broken ribs after being jumped in a fight shortly before he disappeared.

"I thought that might be my brother," recalls Sean, 48. "But I sat on it for awhile."

In the meantime, Toronto Police were dealing with a mystery.

In June 2003, skeletal remains had been found in the woods at Jane and Eglinton dressed in a white butcher's apron, red tank top, jeans, and teal high-top runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288