Michelle Obama as Cover girl doesn't always Deliver

PattiAnn

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting -- not from a political point of view, but from an advertising\merchandising POV. IMO, Michelle is a relatable, everyday woman who raises her kids, stands by her man, and has stepped up to take on the responsibilities of First Lady -- just like every President's wife before her. No more, no less. Yes, we've had the occasional style icon like Jackie Kennedy, but that standard is terribly high. I like Michelle Obama, but there is nothing about her that would persuade me to buy a magazine I wouldn't ordinarily buy. Expecting her to boost sales is a little unfair. Just let her be First Lady, for goodness sakes. IMO

http://adage.com/mediaworks/article?article_id=135789

I think Opes just wanted to have her on the cover cause she's so proud and likes her so much!

I think Opes just wanted to have her on the cover cause she's so proud and likes her so much!

Opes? I like that.

I think Michelle looks good on that cover, I like her outfit. But Oprah looks so uncomfortable....hands in prayer position, anxious facial expression. Maybe she's just not used to sharing the cover.

Opes? I like that.

I think Michelle looks good on that cover, I like her outfit. But Oprah looks so uncomfortable....hands in prayer position, anxious facial expression. Maybe she's just not used to sharing the cover.

Ellen Degeneres is sharing with her soon as well..unless ,Ellen was kidding.

Michelle is refreshing..I like her :)

Would love to see a baby in the White House ~ :clap:

I like Michelle Obama and I think she is and will remain a fabulous First Lady. I don't care for marketing her as though she is a celebrity though. She deserves much respect for who and what she is, but treating her as a celebrity in an age when celebrities act childish and irresponsible to get attention just cheapens the First Lady's status. I think the article proves my point.

I think she has looked great on every cover, and I would love to have arms like that, but I do think she's been way OVEREXPOSED - just a few great covers and nice articles would suffice. I know she looks great in her clothes, now; enough already.

That said, I think she's very smart and has alot to offer; that's more important than knock-down looks. And how she is as a mother is very important to me and an example to mothers around the country.

I think the victory garden is a fantastic idea!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back