1512 users online (240 members and 1272 guests)  

Websleuths News

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Sophie the Cattle Dog's Incredible Journey

This just makes me cry. Sophie's parents to their Austrailan Cattle dog with them on a sailing trip. Sophie fell overboard during a storm and they thought for sure she would have died. Sophie swam for five miles reaching a remote island where she then became a wild dog, eating baby goats to survive for 4 months. Rangers were finally able to trap her and she was called 'ferocious.' Her parents somehow heard on the news about this dog and they flew out and sure enough it was their Sophie. She went from being 'ferocious' to whimpering, licking, wagging her tail, so happy to finally be with her family.

Sophie is very lucky she was not killed by ranchers pissed she was eating their baby goats.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30088069?GT1=43001
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Too bad they weren't baby cows. She may have gotten a job instead of a reputation.

Glad they found her.

I'm so glad she's back safe with her family. Ugh, I feel like I'm going to cry.

Thank you for posting this story.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I'm so glad she's back safe with her family. Ugh, I feel like I'm going to cry.

Thank you for posting this story.

It's okay! I have been spontaneously crying about for the past hour. They are happy tears because all too often the stories in the news about animals are horrible and because Sophie's spirit is so admirable.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I just saw this story on NBC Nightly News and was going to post it in the News That Makes You Smile thread...glad it's already on here..

What a wonderful, heart-tugging story.