877 users online (162 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

On the Third Coast

CT - Awilda Marrero, 44, Enfield, 6 April 2009

7 April 09

Police continued their search today for Aweldi Marrero, 44, who was last seen by her daughter early Monday morning on Asnuntuck Street.

Police are concerned Marrero may try to harm herself. This morning a Massachusetts state police airplane assisted police by checking the banks of the Connecticut River. Marrero was not located.

Police said Marrero has medical problems and no car or driver's license. She has no friends or other family members in the area, they said.

She is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 1 inch, 165 pounds, with brown eyes and hair, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call the Enfield police at 860-763-8912.

Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-22-2010 at 12:45 PM.

up north

CT - Awilda Marrero - 43 years old - Enfield - 5 April 2010

Months-Long Search For Missing Woman Continues
    Woman Left Without Shoes, Purse, Police Say

POSTED: 1:55 pm EST February 16, 2010

ENFIELD, Conn. -- Police in Enfield are requesting the public's help in finding a woman missing since April.

Awilda Marrero, 43, was last seen on April 5.

Police said K-9 units tracked Marrero ot the area of the Connecticut River during an initial search, but lost her scene.

Marrero is described as a white woman with brown eyes and brown hair. She is 5 feet 1 inch tall and weights about 165 pounds. She may be wearing jeans and a brown jacket.

She was last seen in the area of Asnuntuck Street in Enfield. Police said she left the area with no shoes, cell phone or purse.

Anyone with information regarding Marrero's whereabouts is urged to contact the Enfield Police Department by dialing 860-763-8912.

I cant believe that I live in Enfield and have not heard of this.

up north

Awilda has been missing for 5 years today.
    She is ruled out as UP 11211 Found March '13 Vernon, Tolland County, CT. The local Patch site mentioned her when these remains were found in this article from March 2013:

On the ruleout list, the state Awilda is Last Known Alive is listed as Puerto Rico? I'm not certain what that is all about but I'm going to guess that's a NamUs error.
    Not Awilda -> https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11211

Awilda Marrero