1012 users online (230 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

State of Disbelief. SC

WA - Stranger tries to abduct 5-year-old boy at Pike Place Market

The mother wants other parents to hear her story. She says it happened very fast. Within five seconds, she looked around and her boy was gone. Within 15 seconds, the stranger had pulled him half way down the block.

A Santa Clarita, Calif., family with three children, ages 5, 6, and 7, were at the Market just after 11 a.m., said Sgt. Sean Whitcomb with Seattle police. The mother stopped to remove a rock from her foot cast, and the father turned to help her.

Once the rock was removed, they turned around and noticed their 5-year-old son was missing.

Thank God, this story has a happy ending for a change.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I'm so glad to hear that it ended this way.

Nice to hear a happy ending. They are lucky he didn't have a way to disappear faster
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

How scary. This happened at 11 a.m. not late at night. The guy must have really been watching and used the opportunity since the woman had a cast on her leg and the couple was distracted with several kids and the rock. Thank God they caught him and got the child back quickly.

Whidbey Island, Washington
    It makes me glad my children are basically raised but I have some young grandchildren. It's awful that we can't let our children even have experiences any more without having to worry about someone coming along and stealing and/or killing them! Part of their personality formation includes their experiences in life and it is so reaching a point that we almost need to keep them locked up in their own houses. I've always loved Pike Place and so have my kids. I'll surely think twice before taking my grands there now. And if I do, I'll not really enjoy the visit as I'll be so tuned to them that I can't do much else. It just isn't fair! We seriously need to keep these people locked up forever. Jail is not much of a deterrent anymore; they know they won't be in there that long!

San Diego
    I'm so glad they realized what was going on in time to stop it. Kudos to those parents!

Now, as for the perp,........65 years old and nothing prior?????? IMO, they need to do a thorough research of his ENTIRE life. Every year since he was about 10, where has he been? and have any children disappeared from the areas never to be found again? Was he married, children, grandchildren???????? EVERYONE who's ever known this man needs to be talked to!

It's estimated that by the time a pedophile is caught, he can have more than 100 victims.

I unfortunately do NOT believe this is that man's first victim.