1177 users online (236 members and 941 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 127
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,282

    Smile Oprah

    Isit true that the Mccanns are lined up for an interview by Ophra?
    Rumour across the pond is that it is imminent.

    What sort of interviewer is she?
    Does she have good researchers?
    Behaving myself in sunny Dorset
    Last edited by Animal04216; 05-13-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: remove photo per poster
    England's dancing days are done...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Hi

    I just read about that - I am not actually sure its true in all honesty. There was rumours they was going on there last May but then they said they couldnt talk because they were arguidos. The clothes they are wearing in the poster where they are meant to be going on Oprah were clothes they wore to an interview last year so i think someone is kinda mistaken.

    Regarding how good Oprahs researchers are. I do know a copy of Anthony Bennetts book was sent to her about the case so obviously they would know about some of the discrepancies. However in some cases...people only appear on these shows..if they know the questions to be asked BEFORE the show..so they can control the interview basically..

    The other thing of course...Poor Kate was so "devastated" and so couldnt go to Portugal where they are doing a supposed *Cough* realistic reconstruction of the events of May 3rd...so surely she couldnt possibly go to America just to do an interview right? I mean..Madeleine isnt there after all...and she only wants to find her daughter right? What other possible reason could there be to do Oprah?

    Btw how much does she pay for interviews?
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Oprah doesn't pay for interviews, reportedly.

    She doesn't seem to have anyone on the show she's not sympathetic to, I believe. It's kind of the "Oprah" stamp of approval.

    Nothing's been publicly said lately here about that...at least not that I've heard in a long while.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Oprah doesn't pay for interviews, reportedly.

    She doesn't seem to have anyone on the show she's not sympathetic to, I believe. It's kind of the "Oprah" stamp of approval.

    Nothing's been publicly said lately here about that...at least not that I've heard in a long while.

    Tex when you say she doesnt pay for interviews ..does that also include not paying for ie photos etc which is how some of your interviewers seem to get around that.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Tex when you say she doesnt pay for interviews ..does that also include not paying for ie photos etc which is how some of your interviewers seem to get around that.
    She doesn't pay, quote unquote, directly for interviews but I'm sure all other expenses are covered. So if you want a nice vacation--there you go. And you are right, other things such as "compensation" for publicity shots or commercials, who knows. Corporate lawyers write all of that up and they are wise in getting around mere words.

    And it was made clear in the recent elections here, Oprah doesn't have people on her show she doesn't like or doesn't want to promote.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,148

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post

    Hmm some interesting comments on there,,,the most of them saying they believe Madeleine is dead.

    Our very own Jayelles has posted on there. Well i assume its her at least. Her remark....that justice can only be achieved for Madeleine if people accept that shes alive - i really dont get. The facts dont support her being alive so why must everyone believe she is if they want justice?
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Hmm some interesting comments on there,,,the most of them saying they believe Madeleine is dead.

    Our very own Jayelles has posted on there. Well i assume its her at least. Her remark....that justice can only be achieved for Madeleine if people accept that shes alive - i really dont get. The facts dont support her being alive so why must everyone believe she is if they want justice?
    Perhaps I assist you with comprehension Isabella.

    1. There is no concete proof that Madeleine McCann is dead which means
    2. That she may well be alive and in need of our support in finding her
    3. To assume that she is dead without concrete proof that it is the case
    4. Means ignoring the plight of this little girl - how is that justice?

    Justice for this little girl is continuing to look for her as long as there is no concrete proof that she is dead. As long as there is no proof Madeleine is dead, I will continue to hope she is alive and continue to support the search for her.

    I'm far more concerned with finding Madeleine than I am in her parents. I simply don't understand the obsession with her parents. If they killed her then they should face the consequences - but only once it has been proved that they did kill her (or conceal her or cover up her death lest we get into unproductive debates about that too).

    Finding Madeleine is the priority. There is no statute of limitations on murder if that turned out to be the case.

    I'd rather be lynched for supporting the search for Madeleine than to be part of the vile campaign to thwart it.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Perhaps I assist you with comprehension Isabella.

    1. There is no concete proof that Madeleine McCann is dead which means
    2. That she may well be alive and in need of our support in finding her
    3. To assume that she is dead without concrete proof that it is the case
    4. Means ignoring the plight of this little girl - how is that justice?

    Justice for this little girl is continuing to look for her as long as there is no concrete proof that she is dead. As long as there is no proof Madeleine is dead, I will continue to hope she is alive and continue to support the search for her.

    I'm far more concerned with finding Madeleine than I am in her parents. I simply don't understand the obsession with her parents. If they killed her then they should face the consequences - but only once it has been proved that they did kill her (or conceal her or cover up her death lest we get into unproductive debates about that too).

    Finding Madeleine is the priority. There is no statute of limitations on murder if that turned out to be the case.

    I'd rather be lynched for supporting the search for Madeleine than to be part of the vile campaign to thwart it.

    My honest opinion ... i dont get how anyone can say that...no one...and i repeat no one has tried to thwart this case more than the McCanns and there friends...and yet you support there actions

    I would think...or hope that anyone who wants justice for Madeleine would be open minded enough to look at ALL options and not just treat the parents as some kind of Saints.

    Btw..although i disagree most strongly with your views i will say your doing well on there seeing as overwhelmingly most there are saying the parents are guilty....oh..and British people at that
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Finding Madeleine is the priority. There is no statute of limitations on murder if that turned out to be the case.
    Finding Madeline SHOULD be the priority, but it doesn't look to me like it is, because to take one person's hunch, or another person's opinion that she may be dead and believe it to the extent that LE stops searching is a travesty for this child. Madeline is the innocent one here, why should she not be found? Why should she not receive justice for the crimes against her whatever they end up being, and by whomever. Who did this should be secondary to finding this little girl or her remains. There is time enough for battling the who-dunnit portion after she is found, and like you said, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so no one should feel under a time crunch. Just find the missing child!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,041
    Are the McCanns *still* looking?
    Anyone got a link to the searches they made?
    (You can exclude the 5 hours or so on May 4th).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Are the McCanns *still* looking?
    Anyone got a link to the searches they made?
    (You can exclude the 5 hours or so on May 4th).

    Kate McCann said herself on a tv show (so no it wasnt tabloid rumour ) that she had not searched for her daughter. In the very same interview she berated holiday makers etc for not looking more for her daughter..which i think is a damn cheek!
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    Finding Madeline SHOULD be the priority, but it doesn't look to me like it is, because to take one person's hunch, or another person's opinion that she may be dead and believe it to the extent that LE stops searching is a travesty for this child. Madeline is the innocent one here, why should she not be found? Why should she not receive justice for the crimes against her whatever they end up being, and by whomever. Who did this should be secondary to finding this little girl or her remains. There is time enough for battling the who-dunnit portion after she is found, and like you said, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so no one should feel under a time crunch. Just find the missing child!

    Moab the FACT is..we have only seen a tiny amount of the files. Unlike the PP and Amaral. It is NOT a hunch with them...the fact is...various pjs etc have all DISCOUNTED the kidnapping theory...to my knowledge not ONE has said yes they think its a kidnap.

    Ok you believe she was kidnapped. Ok fine..for starters..tell me..why did Kate tell people her blinds were broken and thats how the kidnapper got in? From the very first night the parents lied. Why?? Do parents normally lie like that when there child has been kidnapped? She claims...she walked in and saw Madeleine was missing. There were people in adjoining apartments..did she ask them to mind the twins while she went to get Gerry? No...after supposedly believing her chlild had been kidnapped she decided to again leave the twins with a supposed kidnapper hanging around leaving them open to abduction. Then the doors were locked. Well then they wasnt. None of there actions seem remotely believeable and then there are two supposed possible witnesses. One was a friend of the McCanns ..and again she changed her story...and her description was pathetic and yet the McCanns threatened to sue if the description wasnt published. Then we get the Martin Smith sighting...and he is totally independant...and yet the Mccanns totally ignore this sighting..even tho he said the guy was 35-40 and wearing beige trousers ...the same as Tanner said..of course the fact that Smith alleges it was possibly Gerry im sure has nothing to do with it...

    I am sure that everyone would prefer that Madeleiene was alive - and im sure....that whatever happened that everyone would love to not th ink the parents were involved - the sad fact is though..there is not one scrap of evidence pointing to a kidnapping....not one.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Perhaps I assist you with comprehension Isabella.

    1. There is no concete proof that Madeleine McCann is dead which means
    2. That she may well be alive and in need of our support in finding her
    3. To assume that she is dead without concrete proof that it is the case
    4. Means ignoring the plight of this little girl - how is that justice?

    Justice for this little girl is continuing to look for her as long as there is no concrete proof that she is dead. As long as there is no proof Madeleine is dead, I will continue to hope she is alive and continue to support the search for her.

    I'm far more concerned with finding Madeleine than I am in her parents. I simply don't understand the obsession with her parents. If they killed her then they should face the consequences - but only once it has been proved that they did kill her (or conceal her or cover up her death lest we get into unproductive debates about that too).

    Finding Madeleine is the priority. There is no statute of limitations on murder if that turned out to be the case.

    I'd rather be lynched for supporting the search for Madeleine than to be part of the vile campaign to thwart it.
    There is no concrete evidence she is alive.

    There is more evidence that she is not, given the alerts of the cadaver dog in the McCanns' apartment and the rental car.

    Finding Madeleine is not the logical priority. Finding out what happened that night--or the night prior--is the priority. Then we know if there is even a chance there is a live child to find in the end.

    Justice for Madeleine means taking a logical, non-emotional look at the evidence and facts.

    And as well, for ignoring Madeleine's "plight," Kate McCann said in the early days that she "sleeps very well."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    Finding Madeline SHOULD be the priority, but it doesn't look to me like it is, because to take one person's hunch, or another person's opinion that she may be dead and believe it to the extent that LE stops searching is a travesty for this child. Madeline is the innocent one here, why should she not be found? Why should she not receive justice for the crimes against her whatever they end up being, and by whomever. Who did this should be secondary to finding this little girl or her remains. There is time enough for battling the who-dunnit portion after she is found, and like you said, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so no one should feel under a time crunch. Just find the missing child!
    Moab, with all due respect, she can't be found if she's dead.

    If there is no credible evidence for an abduction, and solid evidence for her death, then looking for her remains is a needle-in-haystack kind of act. You should check out the scientific facts for how long a human body will remain intact anywhere. It is an amazingly short amount of time before a human body disappears, absent chemical interventions such as a mortuary would provide. Two words: Natural chemistry and wild animals. It is, what it is.

    For example, experts surmise that with Ted Bundy's victims, remains disappeared within less than a year. Chondra Levy's remains are a good examples as well. The phrase, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" is a centuries old statement because it is truth.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. oprah oct 13th
    By kbl8201 in forum Jaycee Lee Dugard
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
  2. Jaycee on Oprah?
    By elizabethie in forum Jaycee Lee Dugard
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 08:27 AM
  3. Did anyone see Oprah
    By Sally in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:43 PM