Identified! FL - Miami, Black Female 740UFFL, 25-45, Dec'08 - Name withheld

sillygilly

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/740uffl.html

Information and photos
Unidentified Black Female middle image
* The victim was discovered on December 10, 2008 in Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida
* Estimated Date of Death: Less than 1 week
* State of Remains: Decomposing
Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 25-45 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 145 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
* Dentals: Available
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available
Case History
The victim was located at 12890 NW 30th Avenue in Miami, Florida on December 10, 2008.

Amysena Beatrice Chappel right image

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: September 6 - 7, 2004 from Antioch, California
# Classification: Missing
# Date Of Birth: January 14, 1986
# Age: 18 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'4, 150 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chappell's nickname is Amy. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Chappell last had contact with family members on either September 6 or September 7 (accounts differ), 2004. She was in Hawthorne, California at the time. She was supposed to return to Antioch, California by Amtrak train but never arrived. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. Antioch police are investigating.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Antioch Police Department
925-778-2441

Shimulla Parker left image (height is a little off)
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: February 19, 2000 from Deltona, Florida
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: September 8, 1981
# Age: 18 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'1, 150 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Parker's ears and right nostril are pierced. She has a scar on her forehead.

Details of Disappearance
Parker resided with her family in Deltona, Florida in 2000. She said she was going to sleep during the evening hours of February 19, 2000. Parker's bedroom door was found locked the following morning and she could not be located. Parker has never been heard from again.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Volusia County Sheriff's Office
904-248-1777
comparison.jpg

I think the JD is very close to Shimulla Parker. What do you all think? Should I call it in?

Does anyone think this is worth submitting? Thanks and Happy Easter.

It's funny how perceptions differ. To my eye, no resemblance is seen between Shimulla Parker and JD.

But do see a resemblance between Amysena Beatrice Chappel and JD. Shape of face, eyes,mouth and cheeks seem structurally similar.

The length(?)of noses (space between end of nose & upper lip) and contour of eyebrows seem to differ.

Have read though that it is good to keep in mind the need for artistic license when comparing reconstructive sketches to missing persons. With noses, it seems that the bridge area, spacing between eyes etc, is based on skull structure. And the lower area is based on artist's conception.

Here is another photo of Amy.

picture.php

Hopefully, others will weigh in on resemblance, etc.

ETA Sillygilly, are you using Paint program for making side-by-sides? If so, you can decrease the page size, which won't affect photo size, by going to image file & changing attributes size. Will keep field in screen.

hmm, hard to say. the noses match, but the UID has eyes that are closer together than the missing women do, IMO.

also, these women went missing in 2000 and 2004. But the UID was killed within days of her discovery. I would think it would be a lot more likely that the UID went missing within months or days of her death also.

The photo on the left looks similar, the eyes look slightly different.

Time difference can mean many things as I am sure we have learnt throughout many of these cases - people disappear for many reasons and wind up years later unfortunately deceased.

Have you contacted the ME in this case or LE in this case regarding people already ruled out, as well as any further information they can provide. Often you will find they are very helpful with the information they have to offer. They just as much as you want to provide Jane Doe with a name.

However if you strongly feel it is a match, submit at the same time.

This is just my opinion
Pearly

Attachments

• hotcase1566.jpg
    hotcase1566.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
  • knight_patricia_denise.jpg
    knight_patricia_denise.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 30
Wow. That is an INCREDIBLY close match. I hope you submit it!!!

Doris Brown 1971 Virginia has been ruled out.

I looked hard too and couldn't find anything either. Plenty about the actual identification, but nothing put a name with it.

I always like to see the actual person and reconstruction side by side :(

That's the problem I have with NamUS. You can tell SOMETHING'S happened with a UID or Missing Person because the link won't work (or it can be that sometimes they're updating it for some reason).

At least on Charley (and most of the time on DoeNet) you will almost always get some details about a found/identified. Sometimes Doe will just say "has been identified" without giving a name and Charley deals with Missing Person (not UID's).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back