WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY MOLY BATMAN....this is T....R...O...U....B....L...E for JB and company. When a Judge files a grievance, that's bigtime. I know, I work for one.

Also, it appears that BC is hot water too....

It makes sense, if it's true. Not that many people were privy to the unreleased statement of DC, which we were speculating was the source of the information giving rise to the complaint.

And BC, too? What a case.

I had wondered if he might have done it when I heard what the complaint was. There were a dozen pages worth of PI Casey's interview that were not released - Strickland would not allow their release because he said they contained privileged information and would be inadmissible at trial. If that information fingered Baez as telling PI Casey not to call 911 should the remains be found, Strickland would have known it.

Will Strickland need to recuse himself now from the case?

What a friggin incestuous mess!!!!!!

It makes sense, if it's true. Not that many people were privy to the unreleased statement of DC, which we were speculating was the source of the information giving rise to the complaint.

And BC, too? What a case.
No wonder DC didn't want to be deposed.

I read the WFTV article and am confused now. The following from WFTV.

Sheaffer says no one is legally obligated to call 911 after finding a body and Casey's defense team would be legally obligated not to if it would incriminate her.

"He is prohibited by the rules of ethics from ever divulging that information," Sheaffer said.
http://www.wftv.com/news/19130417/detail.html#-

The article goes on to say that they believe the complaint is something other than instructions to not contact LE if a body was found. Also, now BC has a complaint as well ?

I read the WFTV article and am confused now. The following from WFTV.

Sheaffer says no one is legally obligated to call 911 after finding a body and Casey's defense team would be legally obligated not to if it would incriminate her.

"He is prohibited by the rules of ethics from ever divulging that information," Sheaffer said.

The article goes on to say that they believe the complaint is something other than instructions to not contact LE if a body was found. Also, now BC has a complaint as well ?
Yes, I remember that...but Turbo mentioned that in Florida it was a lawyer's duty as an officer of the court. Can someone weigh in on this?

Holy underwear!!!!

This is the biggest bombshell we have heard in a while. I'm skeered...

I had wondered if he might have done it when I heard what the complaint was. There were a dozen pages worth of PI Casey's interview that were not released - Strickland would not allow their release because he said they contained privileged information and would be inadmissible at trial. If that information fingered Baez as telling PI Casey not to call 911 should the remains be found, Strickland would have known it.
Pretty much convinces me that was no psychic on the line.

This is the part I find interesting.

"Sheaffer believes the judge's complaint involves more than a defense instruction to Dominic Casey not to call 911. He says judges usually handle trivial issues with attorneys by holding contempt of court hearings in their own courtrooms."

We know that Baez would not have to disclose any info about her body being there if he knew so what could the complaint be about?
Did Baez instruct DC what to do with the body if he found it. Perhaps he told him to take it somewhere else? Plant evidence? This would warrant the type of complaint Strickland filed, imo. It couldn't be made public if he did because the defense secret is that he knew where the body was.

I'm sure Strickland had to think long and hard on this one. It must be serious.

This is a pararaph from the WFTV article,

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland would not talk to Eyewitness News about his Bar complaint against defense attorney Jose Baez. Sheaffer, who served on a Bar grievance committee, told Eyewitness News the complaint would not automatically disqualify Strickland from the case.

Casey Anthony would have to make a strong claim that it jeopardizes her right to a fair trial, but Sheaffer wouldn't advise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member