1084 users online (231 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2009.04.08 - Brad Conway under investigation by Bar Association

Source: Judge Filed Complaint Against Casey's Attorney
    http://www.wftv.com/news/19130417/detail.html#-

Snipped from article:

But Jose Baez isn't alone. Eyewitness News also confirmed Wednesday that another lawyer wrapped up in the case is under investigation by the Florida Bar.

Brad Conway is the lawyer representing George and Cindy Anthony. Eyewitness News has learned Brad Conway was with Dominic Casey when Dominic Casey gave investigators information that Judge Strickland later determined was privileged to the defense. Eyewitness News is still working to find out the exact complaint in Conway's investigation.

----------------------------------------

I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

It's unclear to me if Strickland is the one who filed the complaint against Conway.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Source: Judge Filed Complaint Against Casey's Attorney
    http://www.wftv.com/news/19130417/detail.html#-

Snipped from article:

But Jose Baez isn't alone. Eyewitness News also confirmed Wednesday that another lawyer wrapped up in the case is under investigation by the Florida Bar.

Brad Conway is the lawyer representing George and Cindy Anthony. Eyewitness News has learned Brad Conway was with Dominic Casey when Dominic Casey gave investigators information that Judge Strickland later determined was privileged to the defense. Eyewitness News is still working to find out the exact complaint in Conway's investigation.

----------------------------------------

I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

It's unclear to me if Strickland is the one who filed the complaint against Conway.
    Well, as he came on board after the discovery of Caylee, I would imagine it has to do with something other than his testimony. Wouldn't it?

I always found it very funny that BC represented the As AND DC....talk about conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Well, as he came on board after the discovery of Caylee, I would imagine it has to do with something other than his testimony. Wouldn't it?
    It's not at all clear to me what this complaint is. At first I thought the article was saying it's because Conway was with PI Casey when PI Casey discussed off the record with LE who told him not to call 911, but after I read it a few times, that wouldn't make much sense to me.

Does anyone know if there's a way to look up these complaints? And also if there's a way to look up whether Conway has had complaints with the Bar in the past?

TIA

Oh my goodness, it gets more strange as the days go on. I bet it comes out that the whole bunch knew where this sweet baby girl was and could not go move her due to the media trailing them. This just breaks my heart for the things Caylee may have gne through while alive and then to be just left there especially if anyone other than evil KC knew about it. IMO, others knew.

ehem. Another Anthony-casualty-in-the-making.

MOO

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    ehem. Another Anthony-casualty-in-the-making.

MOO
    Don't be surprised if Lee's very odd attorney Thomas Luka will be joining the mix soon.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    It's not at all clear to me what this complaint is. At first I thought the article was saying it's because Conway was with PI Casey when PI Casey discussed off the record with LE who told him not to call 911, but after I read it a few times, that wouldn't make much sense to me.

Does anyone know if there's a way to look up these complaints? And also if there's a way to look up whether Conway has had complaints with the Bar in the past?

TIA
    Let's see if this link works. Conway has a 10-year clear disciplinary history.

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/...7?OpenDocument

I'm pretty sure complaints remain confidential unless charges are filed or discipline is imposed. Lemme check a little more.

Yes, here's the full rule on confidentiality: http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrt...256BC000669EE7

All matters including files, preliminary investigation reports, interoffice memoranda, records of investigations, and the records in trials and other proceedings under these rules, except those disciplinary matters conducted in circuit courts, are property of The Florida Bar. All of those matters shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed except as provided herein. When disclosure is permitted under these rules, it shall be limited to information concerning the status of the proceedings and any information that is part of the public record as defined in these rules.
    etc. etc.

MN popularity vote with me just jumped 10 notches. That man saw this mess coming in Nov and did the right thing to distance himself from it - without even selling anyone out.

I'd hire him.

After all this time-------finally the clowns of the circus are in the center ring.

Maybe I am enjoying all this 2 much.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

Quote Originally Posted by Hell's Belle View Post
    Let's see if this link works. Conway has a 10-year clear disciplinary history.

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/...7?OpenDocument

I'm pretty sure complaints remain confidential unless charges are filed or discipline is imposed. Lemme check a little more.

That was before he got involved with the Anthony family . . .
    ---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
    Oh my goodness, it gets more strange as the days go on. I bet it comes out that the whole bunch knew where this sweet baby girl was and could not go move her due to the media trailing them. This just breaks my heart for the things Caylee may have gne through while alive and then to be just left there especially if anyone other than evil KC knew about it. IMO, others knew.
    I'm thinking along those same lines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post
    After all this time-------finally the clowns of the circus are in the center ring.

Maybe I am enjoying all this 2 much.
    me too finally, someone is getting serious where all the shenanigans are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    That was before he got involved with the Anthony family . . .
    Yep, you are correct...don't forget about the whole immunity deal he was trying to get for them. I think we know why.

Quote Originally Posted by waiting4change View Post
    Yep, you are correct...don't forget about the whole immunity deal he was trying to get for them. I think we know why.
    I hadn't thought of that, but perhaps some of the lawyers need immunity for themselves.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast