Clifford Lane Lawless

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
Former Salinas pastor questioned in Tracy girl's death

Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless, 77, was questioned for three hours while his home and church, Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy, were searched on Tuesday concerning the disappearance and death of Sandra Cantu.

http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20090408/NEWS01/904080301

Alias’ for the preacher man
Clane Lawless
Clifford L Lawless
Clifford Lane Lawless
Cliford L Lawless
Lane C Lawless
Lane P Lawless
Clifford L Alwless
Former residences of the preacher man
Tracy , CA
Livermore , CA
Hawthorne , CA
San Jose , CA
Milpitas , CA

momtective, when u searched under his previous residences, does it say how long he stayed in each area it seems like a lot of moving for a pretty stationary career such as a pastor. A lot of moving around could mean he's gotten into trouble before maybe? Am I looking too far into this?

Investigators closely questioned Pastor Lane Lawless of the Clover Road Baptist Church this week, seized a phone and computers from his residence in the mobile home park and combed through the church for evidence all day Tuesday. But they have not named him as a suspect, and the 77-year-old Lawless said Tuesday he had nothing to do with the girl's killing.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/08/BA1116V89C.DTL&tsp=1

momtective, when u searched under his previous residences, does it say how long he stayed in each area it seems like a lot of moving for a pretty stationary career such as a pastor. A lot of moving around could mean he's gotten into trouble before maybe? Am I looking too far into this?

It does seem like a lot of residences for a Pastor. I'm wondering if he was "called" by the congregation or if he was appointed. I'm also wondering what other churches he may have served at.

Of course! I'd like to know what his congregation thought of him too in previous churches. It was my understanding the preachers stick to one church for years but idk as im not one lol and don't know any personally. Wonder if he has a criminal background?

While searching for info on the preacher I found he purchased his current MH back in Nov of 1992. (Per netdetective). I think the alias's appear because he uses his middle name rather than his first name.

jmo

Any missing little girls in the cities he was in?
from years past?
Just wondering if he has a bad habit?
Also he was SAVED (I have to look again for the date)
What did he do before he preached?
Does he have a record from before he was SAVED?
What churches was he with before he came to Tracy?

Of course! I'd like to know what his congregation thought of him too in previous churches. It was my understanding the preachers stick to one church for years but idk as im not one lol and don't know any personally. Wonder if he has a criminal background?

He has been at this church in Tracy for almost 30 years...since 1981. That seems like a really long time.

I'm not sure how it works in a baptist church. But I know for certain in Methodist they are assigned. We had a wonderful pastor for say about 8 years, and suddenly he was reassigned to a town about two hours away. Had no say in the matter either, it was his time to move to a new congregation.

This is just a thought, but **if** and that is an if, he has a history of indecency with minors others who he has victimized will come forward, even if not publicly.

jmo

Here's his Bio....

http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

Pastor Lane Lawless was saved in Wenatchee, Washington, In April of 1960. He was baptized July 9, 1960 by the authority of the Eastside Missionary Baptist Church of East Wenatchee. Elder A.A. Harris administered the ordinance. He was called to the ministry on April 6, 1971 and ordained August 20, 1971 by the Winton MBC.

Pastor Lawless received his theological education from the Alisal Baptist Institute of Salinas and the Baptist Theological Seminary of Hayward. He also studied under the tutelage of Eld. A.A. Harris.

The churches Elder Lawless has pastored are Beacon MBC of Redding and Grace MBC of Gardena. In 1975, he was sent out by Salinas MBC to do mission work in Eureka. He then pastured Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View, and has been pastor at the Clover Road Baptist Church since 1981.

Pastor Lawless' wife, Connie, is the daughter of A.A. and Irene Harris. They were married by Eld. Harris on July 9, 1960 in Modesto, CA. They have three grown children Brian, Brett, and Joni, who are all involved in God's work, and nine beloved grandchildren.

http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html
Pastor Lane Lawless was saved in Wenatchee, Washington, In April of 1960. He was baptized July 9, 1960 by the authority of the Eastside Missionary Baptist Church of East Wenatchee. Elder A.A. Harris administered the ordinance. He was called to the ministry on April 6, 1971 and ordained August 20, 1971 by the Winton MBC.

Pastor Lawless received his theological education from the Alisal Baptist Institute of Salinas and the Baptist Theological Seminary of Hayward. He also studied under the tutelage of Eld. A.A. Harris.

The churches Elder Lawless has pastored are Beacon MBC of Redding and Grace MBC of Gardena. In 1975, he was sent out by Salinas MBC to do mission work in Eureka. He then pastured Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View, and has been pastor at the Clover Road Baptist Church since 1981.

Pastor Lawless' wife, Connie, is the daughter of A.A. and Irene Harris. They were married by Eld. Harris on July 9, 1960 in Modesto, CA. They have three grown children Brian, Brett, and Joni, who are all involved in God's work, and nine beloved grandchildren.

Former Salinas pastor questioned in Tracy girl's death

Pastor Clifford Lane Lawless, 77, was questioned for three hours while his home and church, Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy, were searched on Tuesday concerning the disappearance and death of Sandra Cantu.

http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20090408/NEWS01/904080301

Alias’ for the preacher man
Clane Lawless
Clifford L Lawless
Clifford Lane Lawless
Cliford L Lawless
Lane C Lawless
Lane P Lawless
Clifford L Alwless
Former residences of the preacher man
Tracy , CA
Livermore , CA
Hawthorne , CA
San Jose , CA
Milpitas , CA

Why would a Pastor have so may alias'? :waitasec:
Weird ..

I think they are misspellings and use of middle initial and middle name more so than any alias. Anytime your name is misspelled or you use just a middle initial and it gets attached to your SSN it will follow you around. This man uses his middle name as a first name (quite common), which also creates variations.

I have seen a few variations on my name, and trust me, I'm not using an alias!

Posted on the wrong thread. I'll go find the post I was responding to:

" Originally Posted by scandi View Post
thanks Groovytown, That is very interesting as we have . . . .

http://www.kcba.com/Global/story.asp?S=10148146

Local Connection to Sandra Cantu (Salinas, CA)
"He says he is really upset they have been in the house three or four times and he says we're cooperating with them."

Pastor Harris says that his sister Connie has a heart condition and that the interrogation has been extremely hard on the couple.

The police came down ten o' clock last night got him out of bed took him down to the police station interrogated him until two o' clock this morning."

So Sorry I didn't see the name Pastor Harris. Didn't know who he was till just now. I thought they meant Pastor Lawless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back