Case Against KC in Jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seebra

Reaction score
OK, I understand that this was accidentally leaked and should not have been out there for the public as of yet -

But are you telling me, honestly, that in this country, a guilty person can WALK simply because someone made a mistake?

That is BS!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513298,00.html

I am so tired of this case dragging on and exhausted by the new twists - what exactly does this evidence being released have to do with the fact that KC killed her 2 year old daughter?

Any legal gurus out there feel like explaining what thsi could mean for prosecution? Can she appeal if found guilty now?

I just keep scratching my head, though. Wasn't JB given 15 days after viewing the video to file an objection or motion to suppress? (Our legal pundits can correct my terminology.) IIRC, didn't he miss the deadline for filing his motion?

Did either of you see a video of Casey in a jumpsuit rubbing her hands and hyperventilating? I haven't seen it. Is this actual video of Casey's reaction out there? Please link! TIA.

I just keep scratching my head, though. Wasn't JB given 15 days after viewing the video to file an objection or motion to suppress? (Our legal pundits can correct my terminology.) IIRC, didn't he miss the deadline for filing his motion?

EXACTLY!!!!! This was supposed to have already been resolved a while ago, and yet, like everything in this case, it is still dragging on.

It reminds me of a circus, only in this, it's almost as though the suspect has more rights than the victim.

I'm tired of the A's, tired of JB, and extremely aggravated and sickened by KC's antics.

I'm sure I state this for many, many people that we want a resolution, the evidence to be out there and the guilty party to pay for what they've done to that beautiful baby girl.

Did either of you see a video of Casey in a jumpsuit rubbing her hands and hyperventilating? I haven't seen it. Is this actual video of Casey's reaction out there? Please link! TIA.

I don't believe there is a video released yet of KC's reaction.

I am referring to the two audio tapes released of the attending officers and the video of KC after her indictment - which were not supposed to be released.

But honestly, what is in these things that we didn't already know, or at least assume????

I am trying to understand our legal system, and how something as trivial as this could jeopardize the case that appears to be otherwise so solid.

I haven't seen the Casey/collapse/hyperventilate video released. I have heard the audio interviews from the jail staff (posted online at many Orlando newstations). If worse comes to worse then I'd think the option would be simply to not allow the video at trial and to VOIR DIRE (a duh) the potential jurors to make sure they did not know anything about the video (Casey's response to hearing of bones being found on Suburban). Problem solved.

I'm not worried it's just another Defense Attorney putting her 2 cents in just alot of the TH..which most don't know what they are talking about.

This one leak supposedly by the jailer shouldn't affect the whole case..all they have to do is throw it out..an who cares..

That's just my opinion an I am sticking with it.

The Defense is hard at work to try anything to save Casey now it's throw Jesse under the bus..:furious:
Give me a Break.
More Lies an Lies..

I hope Judge Strickland action shakes up the Defense..

Was it the tape of her reaction, or the officers statements that were to be withheld by Judges order?

I THOUGHT it was the actual tape...and it wasn't released...

JB's motion to supress the VIDEO tape of KC was the only issue before the court. His motion did not address testimony of jail personnel, etc.

And I am sick and tired of television THs who constantly refer to information released in compliance with the Florida Sunshine Laws as LEAKS. This is not leaking information by the prosecution, it is complying with discovery laws. Geeeez

As far as KC rubbing the palms of her hands, she always does that everytime I see pics of her in court. That would not be anything out of the norm for her.

I agree with you Seebra. Between this case and my husband's dealings in the NJ Family courts with his crazy, bitter ex. I have no faith in our justice system. I hope I'm wrong in both cases but I'm not holding my breath.

And honestly, I'd love to start a poll - was anyone surprised or blindsided by what they heard in the officer's audio tape?

No bombshell for me - I expected absolutely nothing less than that reaction from KC - not because it was her beautiful daughter that was found, but because she KNEW she was in deep doodoo.

I wasn't surprised by her reaction-she knew her goose was cooked, not, "oh my poor baby"!

The defense can put their spin on Casey's reaction. Problem solved.

I think the interviews with jail personnel are part of the SA's ongoing investigation of KC, will possibly become evidence, and thus, will ultimately become subject to discovery and sunshine laws.
I don't thnk the judge would have ruled to keep them sealed anyway.

I was thinking the case against KC may be in jeopardy more to Judge Strickland filing the complaint against JB. Could the defense ask him to be recused due to bias at this point? And if so, where would the case stand then? Would it be back to square one? The twists and turns in this case are astounding, far more so than the OJS case.

As far as the released audio tapes of the interviews, I do not see that interfering in the case. The motion was to suppress the video of KCs reaction. That has not been released. I think the defense plays with fire too much. They wanted the release of the 8/4 jail visit released and it backfired on them, this is just stirring the pot, and will expose the defense as more incompetent (should have filed the motion to supress audio as well) I do not think she will be able to use ineffective counsel on appeal due to the fact that there are so many experienced experts as co-counsel.

All this is MOO.

For reference, here is the March 11 emergency motion:
EMERGENCY MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER AND OTHER RELIEF
http://wdbo.com/news/caseyanthony/emerg_motion_protective_order.html

It seems to address *only* communications between KC and her attorney. The observations of the jail employees that took place before Baez met with KC may be exempt, and tapes of KC without any of her attorneys may be exempt. Just a non-lawyer's interpretation of the language within the motion.

I hope some of our fine WS legal professionals will be kind enough to review the motion and clarify for us. TIA!

WHEREFORE the Defendant, CASEY MARIE ANTHONY, prays that this Honorable Court enter a protective order prohibiting the State and its various law enforcement agencies, including but not limited to the Orange County Department of Corrections and/or the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and the office of the State Attorney, prohibiting the State and its various law enforcement agencies from: 1) Monitoring and/or disclosing any communications between Casey Anthony and her attorneys or attorney’s agents; 2) saving any video and/or audio taping the Defendant and Defendant’s counsel while meeting; 3) disclosing to anyone anything that occurred in the meetings or communications with counsel; 4) turning over all video or audio tapes or reports or other methods of memorializing meeting between the attorney and client that occurred on any other dates besides those already turned over for December 11,2008; 5) conducting a full testimonial hearing to determine who authorized that the communications, tapes be saved, reported on, or otherwise authorized all discussed herein; 6) order that any discovery which has as a part communications or images between Casey Anthony with the attorneys not be disclosed to the public; 7) order a testimonial hearing on the issue if it deems necessary; 8)any and all other relief that is within the power of this court.

ETA: surprisingly, I don't see any wording in what he's asking here that says he doesn't want the video of KC's reaction released. I admit, this made me giggle. :crazy:

I was thinking the case against KC may be in jeopardy more to Judge Strickland filing the complaint against JB. Could the defense ask him to be recused due to bias at this point? And if so, where would the case stand then? Would it be back to square one? The twists and turns in this case are astounding, far more so than the OJS case.

I'm paraphrasing a news source here, but I also think that if KC decides to request Strickland to be recused, she is in for big, big trouble.

Other judges in that area are not so lenient with JB's actions, and not so tolerant.

I actually hope the defense decides to request that Strickland be recused. I want a judge in there that won't take this bull$#@@ any longer.

I want KC to PAY for what she has done.

I'm paraphrasing a news source here, but I also think that if KC decides to request Strickland to be recused, she is in for big, big trouble.

Other judges in that area are not so lenient with JB's actions, and not so tolerant.

I actually hope the defense decides to request that Strickland be recused. I want a judge in there that won't take this bull$#@@ any longer.

I want KC to PAY for what she has done.

I must have missed the news article. Did it state what may happen (besides a less lenient judge being appointed to the case) if Judge Strickland were to be recused? What is the procedure when something like that happens, does the "new" Judge get brought up to date by reading the transcripts or does everything get presented, heard and ruled upon again? I too want KC to pay for what she has done. I think the case is strong, and she will be held accountable. Apparently the State of Fla is growing tired of all the BS and wants everyone associated with the case to be held accountable for their actions (go Fla!!) I just do not want there to be any grounds for appeals later on. I would think a second trial would exhaust the taxpayers.
I also want to add that I think Judge Strickland has been doing a great job up to this point. He seems fair and just to both sides, and as unfortunate as it may seem must entertain the motions the defense files.

moo.

Like my husband always says when I get worked up that some piddily mistake could jeopardize this case....."let her out!" and then he just laughs and laughs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni