Dairy farm/Irrigation Pond where body found

Owned by Ann Silva.

Owned by Ann Silva.

The farm is large...325 acre 800-cow farm. It would have been easy for someone to sneak onto the property undetected especially if the terrain has some hills.

A while back I had a question about the irrigation ponds. IIRC the poster who kindly responded to my question said that the ponds are filled, treated with fertilizer and drained to irrigate the fields.

I know absolutely nothing about how these ponds are refilled, so please forgive me if this is dumb question. But could those ponds be refilled from the Old River via some type of dam or something? I'm just wondering if the suitcase could have washed into the irrigation pond as it was refilling.

A while back I had a question about the irrigation ponds. IIRC the poster who kindly responded to my question said that the ponds are filled, treated with fertilizer and drained to irrigate the fields.

I know absolutely nothing about how these ponds are refilled, so please forgive me if this is dumb question. But could those ponds be refilled from the Old River via some type of dam or something? I'm just wondering if the suitcase could have washed into the irrigation pond as it was refilling.

Most farmers have to BUY their water. I don't know how Tracy handles that. The ponds could also fill up with water from rain,although there hasn't been a lot of that. I think they said it was filled about 2 weeks ago. Farmers buy their water by the yard. Not all have retention ponds for the water. Some flood directly to the fields/orchards. There would have had to be someone there when the water was received to direct it properly. That is why they KNOW the suitcase wasn't there when the pond was filled.

Most farmers have to BUY their water. I don't know how Tracy handles that. The ponds could also fill up with water from rain,although there hasn't been a lot of that. I think they said it was filled about 2 weeks ago. Farmers buy their water by the yard. Not all have retention ponds for the water. Some flood directly to the fields/orchards. There would have had to be someone there when the water was received to direct it properly. That is why they KNOW the suitcase wasn't there when the pond was filled.

Hi Gaia - thanks for the info. It sounds like you know WAY more than I do on this.

I know you don't have the specifics on Tracy, but when farmers do buy their water, where do they get it? Those ponds seem really big to have trucked in. I know around where I live we have a Water Reclamation District - I honestly have no idea what they do but was thinking perhaps it's a municipal department that is a source of water for the towns.

Anyway, I'm thinking my self down a dead end. Just trying to figure out if there's a way that suitcase could have made it from an boat accessible waterway into the pond.

Bump.

I believe this answers a question from another thread about when the pond was filled.

I posted this to another thread, but I think it may be relevant here. If you've read previously, please forgive the repost:

I know that area EXTREMELY well and the curve of Tracy Blvd where the dairy farm is does not look like a public road. The area is rural and it's not unusual for there to be private roads that lead up to a driveway or gate. I've been at that curve literally hundreds of times and NEVER once thought it was a public road- it's narrow and though it's paved, it's dirty. I have seen large trucks coming in and out several years ago- I thought at the time for some kind of construction. Also of note is the fact that from Tracy Blvd, you can't see even a HINT of water in that area.

So thinking about where Sandra was dumped, that the killer would go down a seeminly private road, right past a little house close to the road seemed unlikely when just 2 minutes up the road was an easy entrance to the water at a little bridge...a little past that is a small road that leads to an area known for flooding.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the killer was either EXTREMELY familiar with that area to know the little road was there and went out to the water where they would be undetected or they were extremely brazen and VERY lucky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back