1081 users online (226 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

Texas Male Etiquette?

Police Chief Allegedly Used Taser on Wife

OAKWOOD, Texas (April 8) - The chief of a small Central Texas town's police department has been fired and jailed for allegedly using a Taser gun on his wife. Former Oakwood police chief Oly Ivy was in the Leon County Jail in Centerville on Wednesday, charged with aggravated assault. Bond is $100,000

Ivy, 30, was arrested near Palestine on Monday. The city council fired him that night. Ivy's attorney, Charley Johnson, told KXXV-TV in Waco that his client "is taking these allegations very seriously." He says he intends for Ivy to "be treated the same as anybody in this situation."

Ivy was hired in February to be the lone full-time officer in the town of 500 residents about 100 miles southeast of Dallas. The department has two reserve officers.

http://webmail.aol.com/42402/aol/en-us/Suite.aspx

Sounds interesting Buzz, but we need a different link, please. The one you posted goes to an ad for AOL, not the story.

As for Texas etiquette, I'd say definitely not!

I'm married to a Texas PD cheif, and he knows if he ever tries playing "cop" on me I'll be singing to the city council, mayor and the media quicker than he can spit!

This moron in the article is probably a washed out cast off from a larger city's PD, looking for a small town where he can abuse whomever he wants... unchallenged.

I guess he read this one wrong. Sounds like Oakwood's city council ain't playin'.

How much you want to bet this lame excuse for a man will claim he tased her in self defense? If this had happened in a bigger department, responding officers probably would have tried to scare her out of reporting it by threatening to arrest her. Makes me sick.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Sounds interesting Buzz, but we need a different link, please. The one you posted goes to an ad for AOL, not the story.

As for Texas etiquette, I'd say definitely not!

I'm married to a Texas PD cheif, and he knows if he ever tries playing "cop" on me I'll be singing to the city council, mayor and the media quicker than he can spit!

This moron in the article is probably a washed out cast off from a larger city's PD, looking for a small town where he can abuse whomever he wants... unchallenged.

I guess he read this one wrong. Sounds like Oakwood's city council ain't playin'.

How much you want to bet this lame excuse for a man will claim he tased her in self defense? If this had happened in a bigger department, responding officers probably would have tried to scare her out of reporting it by threatening to arrest her. Makes me sick.

Susan
    Same link

http://webmail.aol.com/42402/aol/en-us/Suite.aspx

it took me 2 times to get it to load

There's a former female LE in my town who's suing because she claims that her High up LE husband was stalking her. When she complained, she says she was fired and charged with unsubstantiated crimes. I'm glad to see that this one good ole boy didn't get away with his alledged deeds against his wife.

I never could get the link above to load but I saw this article this morning.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/42766222.html

Former Oakwood Police Chief Oly Ivy, 30, who was charged after his live-in girlfriend was attacked with a Taser, was ordered Thursday to undergo a psychological examination...

...Ivy is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

He was fired as Oakwood’s police chief after his arrest Monday.

Nutjob. That's about all I can say.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Was he not given a psych eval before entering office as police chief? Makes me wonder...
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164