PI Casey files complaint against JB!

Uh oh! They're all turning on each other, well, at least on Baez. He's getting a beating, rightfully so.

I swear...we could not write this crap! This is by far the weirdest case ever. IMHO

What on earth did Baez tell DC to do if and when he found the body? Did DC video tape this the day he went out to search without Hoover and just used Hoover?

Quote: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19139567/detail.html

D.Casey, a private investigator who worked for the Anthony family, accused Baez of telling him to do something other than call 911 if he found Caylee Anthony either dead or alive.

Judge Stan Strickland also referred a complaint against Baez to the bar, but it was in reference to Casey's original complaint in order to make the bar aware of the situation.

I swear...we could not write this crap! This is by far the weirdest case ever. IMHO

I would have been less shocked if he would have said that Zanny told him this.

Is DC willing to tell the whole truth?

Here we go.

I speculate that DCasey got angry that JBaez NEVER paid him, thus DCasey's services were terminated (likely by DCasey, I might add), thus ending the attorney work product privilege as of that date.

Later on, at some future date, for some as-of-yet-unknown reason, JBaez screws up and has conversations with DCasey (which are unprivileged since they are no longer in any contractual relationship) forgetting :doh: that DCasey is no longer employed by JBaez for Casey and is actually employed by the Anthonys (who are not JBaez's clients nor are they attorneys themselves, ergo no attorney client work product privilege), DCasey's November search of Suburban takes place, possibly with JBaez's blessings or involvement (like on the phone anyone???) and, later on, upon realizing his screwups, JBaez attempts to tell DCasey to commit perjury ("Do not tell where that body is located, you hear me!", or how about "Don't you dare say our contractual relationship had already ended - you say we were still working together through November, so there's a privilege covering our communications, you hear me!",) or worse, since the news article here http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19139567/detail.html
says DCasey "accused Baez of telling him to do something other than call 911 if he found Caylee Anthony either dead or alive..."

Have to say, whether or not DCasey was still employed by JBaez, if JBaez even alluded to wanting DCasey to tamper with and/or or destroy evidence, JBaez is in deeep doodoo.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19139567/detail.html

Bar confirms - DC files complaint against JB!

Quote - "Casey, a private investigator who worked for the Anthony family, accused Baez of telling him to do something other than call 911 if he found Caylee Anthony either dead or alive."

This seems to be in TOTAL contradiction to him saying that the seek-slayer lead him there. However, good for DC if he is now coming forward with the truth.

Wow! The house of cards is finally crumbling. Thanks for the explanation of how this might have gone down, Chezhire. I always find your posts interesting to read since I know nothing of the law myself. :)

This seems to be in TOTAL contradiction to him saying that the seek-slayer lead him there. However, good for DC if he is now coming forward.

Though I've a feeling JBaez did do something that's a big no-no, I can reconcile this for him: DCasey says the phychic told him where to go, and JBaez, if he didn't know where the body was, simply tries to instruct DCasey what to do/not to do if DCasey were to actually find anything.
Either way, big no-nos re: JBaez...

Wow! The house of cards is finally crumbling. Thanks for the explanation of how this might have gone down, Chezhire. I always find your posts interesting to read since I know nothing of the law myself. :)

:blowkiss:
I just love what I do - writing about it is the icing on the cake.

Think about the language used in that article, too: "to do something other than call 911"
If JBaez had simply said "don't call 911," think that the reporters/bar would have said "to not call 911 / not to call 911?"
I do.
Which is why I think JBaez was instructing DCasey to take some course of affirmative action that DCasey KNEW he couldn't legally take.

Well, I can certainly see DC filing a grudge complaint based on non-payment for services rendered. And I can even imagine JB telling DC to not call 911 or report to LE if he indeed comes across a body.

What doesn't add up is why JB would be on a phone with DC directing him to where the body was located. For one, he and his client would had nothing to benefit by the body being found - it would have been detrimental to his case. Better he could stand before a jury and say it's possible Caylee was alive and well in Puerto Rico.

If this was the first time that site was specifically searched (and by specific I mean someone was given information to look for pavers and had a good inkling about the presence of black trash bags) I would think that JB and KC might have been involved.

But somebody else knew exactly where to look long before this happened - before KC was ever bonded out. If Kronk knew where to look, exactly who told him? If his girlfriend who worked in the jail overheard, then that conversation was at the end of July or early August. When Kronk didn't find the body on August 11 the matter was closed for awhile. If the overheard conversation had been between JB and KC regarding the location of the body, and JB ostensibly was interested in it being found, why didn't he give specific instructions to DC then? Why did he wait until mid-November? If DC knew before November, as a result of conversations in JB's office, why did he wait so long as well? He supposedly stopped working for JB on or around October 1 - why the 45 day delay?

Something doesn't add up about this. It almost looks as if there are two different pipelines for communication. JB and KC would not have much to gain in November by the body being found - regardless of what was done with the remains (unless he was stupid enough to want them moved). However I can think of someone who would. Cindy.

cecybeans - I'd betting that JBaez either had no control over what Cindy wanted her PI (DCasey) to do (go find Caylee,) or else JBaez, trying to sway DCasey and/or Cindy, did make the mistake I described above and thought his communications with DCasey were still privileged...or else JBaez, who maybe didn't know where Caylee was, simply threatened DCasey that if DCasey did "find" Caylee, the chit would hit the fan and he (JBaez) would claim that DCasey was still working for JBaez and had violated the attorney work product privilege... :doh:

Pretty soon they can all start sueing themselves.. there won't be anyone else to sue.:)

Well, Well, Well...........what a lot of us suspected!

Now at some point (maybe now), Casey will have grounds for appeal if JB continues to represent her.

Her spin will be that she was locked up and didn't realize how bad this guy was and how many complaints were filed against him.

Now at some point (maybe now), Casey will have grounds for appeal if JB continues to represent her.

Her spin will be that she was locked up and didn't realize how bad this guy was and how many complaints were filed against him.

I would really hope and expect that the SA will require that KC acknowledge in writing that she is aware of these complaints and willingly continues to employ JB.

This being said by a non-lawyer but surely this is possible, right???

Here we go.

I speculate that DCasey got angry that JBaez NEVER paid him, thus DCasey's services were terminated (likely by DCasey, I might add), thus ending the attorney work product privilege as of that date.

Later on, at some future date, for some as-of-yet-unknown reason, JBaez screws up and has conversations with DCasey (which are unprivileged since they are no longer in any contractual relationship) forgetting :doh: that DCasey is no longer employed by JBaez for Casey and is actually employed by the Anthonys (who are not JBaez's clients nor are they attorneys themselves, ergo no attorney client work product privilege), DCasey's November search of Suburban takes place, possibly with JBaez's blessings or involvement (like on the phone anyone???) and, later on, upon realizing his screwups, JBaez attempts to tell DCasey to commit perjury ("Do not tell where that body is located, you hear me!", or how about "Don't you dare say our contractual relationship had already ended - you say we were still working together through November, so there's a privilege covering our communications, you hear me!",) or worse, since the news article here http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19139567/detail.html
says DCasey "accused Baez of telling him to do something other than call 911 if he found Caylee Anthony either dead or alive...".

Have to say, whether or not DCasey was still employed by JBaez, if JBaez even alluded to wanting DCasey to tamper with and/or or destroy evidence, JBaez is in deeep doodoo.

Question.. how long, typically does it take for the Bar to investigate and rule on complaints?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in the next week or so JB and his Casey gravy train are going off the rail on the crazy train. Bye-bye Jose, he will either recuse himself or get the boot.
This case has imploded beyond recognition and I would like to put a note in the suggestion box for Casey's new defense attorney when he climbs on board said crazy train....pull the emergency brake cord and PLEAD THIS ONE OUT DARLIN'!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back