GUILTY Canada - Victoria Stafford, 8, Woodstock ON, 8 April 2009

CCD

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This little girl never made it home from school on April 8th, 2009. To my knowledge, they never posted an Amber Alert because there was 'no evidence of an abduction' and that a threat to a child's safety isn't reason enough.

Today's Free Press article;
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/04/09/9065346.html

This is just my opinion, but wouldn't an Amber Alert have been appropriate here? Maybe not right away, but eventually? I'm not very educated in what merits one and what doesn't....

Victoria "Tori" Stafford photo:
5d9f5ef24cb6a8eda8030bc02f58.jpeg

Coldcasedetective, I also don't understand why an AMBER alert was not issued. Here is the basic criteria:

*There is reasonable belief by law enforcement an abduction has occurred

*The abduction is of a child age 17 years or younger

*The law-enforcement agency believes the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death

*There is enough descriptive information about the victim and abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child

*The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer

The police have only said that her case does not meet the criteria, but I haven't yet heard why that is.

Do they have Amber Alerts in Canada?

From the link I posted above:

Two days after Tori went missing, police in southern Ontario appealed Friday for a woman seen with the girl in a surveillance video to come forward.

Unfortunately Canadians officials cannot broadcast an Amber Alert because the 3-grader disappear over two days ago, and in order for the alert to be triggered, police must believe that a child under 18 has JUST been abducted and is in danger of seriously bodily harm.

Tori was positively identified by a school surveillance video walking with the unidentified long black hair woman, who was wearing a white winter parka and tight blue jeans.

http://theoriginalgreenwichdiva.com...ri-stafford-who-went-missing-since-wednesday/

Tori’s mother, Tara McDonald, and step-father James Gorris declined comment and told friends and family not to speak to reporters.

The couple had made an appeal on London’s A Channel news, pledging a $10,000 reward for their daughter’s safe return, but have largely stayed out of the public eye, closing doors on reporters and asking them to leave their property.

While many Woodstock residents are still offering to help search for the little girl, distributing posters with Tori’s photo and speaking words of support, the family’s silence has fuelled some questions.

“If that was my granddaughter, I’d be on the news everywhere, or in a psychiatric unit,” said longtime city resident Phyllis MacKenzie, 70.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/2009/04/10/9079321.html

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_33711.aspx

Tuesday April 14, 2009

Enhanced Video Released In Search For Missing Girl.

(note: I can only find a screenshot of the video)

..."An abduction shows that she was taken by force. We have her willingly walking away. It's a missing person case," explained Const. Laurie-Ann Maitland...

...CityNews reporter Tara Weber watched the cleaned-up video with a few of Victoria's relatives. One of them suggested that they may now recognize the unknown person.

"Well, we only know one woman who walks that way," the relative reportedly commented...

...During the ground search, which involved residential and commercial properties, police said they found "items" which may be helpful.

They did not say what the items are, but did acknowledge that none of them were the clothes Victoria was wearing when she disappeared.

This is just horrible. I live in Ontario, too and am wondering where this sweet little angel is! :(
Thanks so much for this thread!

Gentle reminder: please take all discussion, opinion, interpretation and speculation over to the thread for Victoria in the missing/located discussion forum.

Thank you so much!

I'm sorry Hoppy, I forgot where I was for a moment.

To Tori's family I am praying for her safe and quick return.

Moderators - Can we please get these posts moved to Tori's other thread and have this one locked?
Thanks

This thread needs to remain open for information and family support.

Anyone may take their posts to the discussion thread.

Hoppy

I'm sorry Hoppy, I forgot where I was for a moment.

To Tori's family I am praying for her safe and quick return.

Hey, it happens! No sweat.

You should watch me when I'm working on moving and merging threads: sometimes I'll get an error message like "You know, nothing much will be accomplished by merging a thread with itself." (The software has some pretty funny error messages.) And I have to go, "Whoa! Wait a minute! What forum am I on? What thread? And just what was I trying to do??:waitasec:

Hoppy

what happened to the tori thread that was 28 something pages long? there is no link to continue thread elsewhere and its closed...can someone link me please??????

oic there is a thread #2...first thread is closed but no link on bottom to continue and follow.....mod can you please post link at end of first thread so we can all get back to business tyia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back