1109 users online (200 members and 909 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    treehouse
    Posts
    4,093

    2008.12.18 Deputy Richard Cain Interview "Cop Who Got Fired!"

    They fired Cain for not following up on tips. They said they will have more in a minute.

    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2152264.story



    edited to add a link to a new newstory.
    Last edited by Patty G; 05-01-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: updated title
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

    In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

    In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,659
    I'm watching too and just heard it! Oh good grief. The defense will take this and run with it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    treehouse
    Posts
    4,093
    I added a link to a news story.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

    In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

    In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan










  4. #4

    Halleluja! That guy cost the county and FBI months and thousands!!

    This is a perfect example of the need for ongoing training! I cannot believe he got a call about a bag with bones in it, went to the site and didn't ask the caller to show him the bag before he gave up. I don't understand what took them so long. It is impossible to measure how much he cost the state by being so lazy and unprofessional. I wouldn't have him in charge of my pets let alone with a badge and a gun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    183
    Ultimately this is one more casualty of KC's actions.

    Not that I think he should have been fired, but I DO think as many times as Kronk called in the tip, the day that Kronk waited out there, they should have checked into better. For Kronk to have been so persistent, I don't know how he found it in the first place but I think he saw something that made him KNOW it was human remains/Caylee related...

    So the day that Kronk met the deputy there, the deputy should have had Kronk go with him and show him. The deputy should have looked around really thoroughly, looked inside any bags, etc.

    I don't think the deputy should lose his job. But yes he should have gotten into some trouble for it. The way I see it is poor Caylee could have been brought home much earlier, as it's unbearable and sad to me to think of her dumped out there like trash, and left all alone that way. Anything that delayed her discovery due to laziness or negligence...should have been dealt with. I do feel sorry for guy for losing his job over it though. I am sure he wasn't thinking this was a legit tip. I don't think he was negligent on purpose....just assumed there was nothing there too quickly after not checking it out, because of snakes or laziness or whatever...

    See, my bigger issue is that I think Kronk KNEW it was Caylee the FIRST time he called. He didn't want to say too much and insert himself into this case. So he was not firm or direct, assuming that the call would get her found...after a couple days went by and there was no news, Kronk should not have waited so long or called so many times before meeting someone out there- he should have made one more call and led a deputy to the item. I think Kronk knew it was Caylee. I don't know if it's because he played detective for himself and poked around and found her, or if someone tipped him off to go make the discovery and call. But I think he saw something and knew it was remains of a person.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by The World According View Post
    This is a perfect example of the need for ongoing training! I cannot believe he got a call about a bag with bones in it, went to the site and didn't ask the caller to show him the bag before he gave up. I don't understand what took them so long. It is impossible to measure how much he cost the state by being so lazy and unprofessional. I wouldn't have him in charge of my pets let alone with a badge and a gun.
    Well, I can appreciate this post...I just feel bad that he lost his job. Yeah, he was lazy.......maybe they got lots of these types of calls after Caylee went missing and he was lazy and made the assumption that this was just another bum tip. I think it's TERRIBLE that his missing it caused Caylee to lie out there for so much longer than she had to. But, I am just not sure I think the deputy should lose his job...I think a disciplinary action on his record and more training so that he would never do this again would suffice...I just hate he lost his job. I don't know why I feel sympathy for him, it just seems KC left a huge wake of destruction in her path

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,526
    Hmmmm. I wonder what his ties to the Anthony's are? Why would he lie? Who put him up to it?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Well, I can appreciate this post...I just feel bad that he lost his job. Yeah, he was lazy.......maybe they got lots of these types of calls after Caylee went missing and he was lazy and made the assumption that this was just another bum tip. I think it's TERRIBLE that his missing it caused Caylee to lie out there for so much longer than she had to. But, I am just not sure I think the deputy should lose his job...I think a disciplinary action on his record and more training so that he would never do this again would suffice...I just hate he lost his job. I don't know why I feel sympathy for him, it just seems KC left a huge wake of destruction in her path
    I agree - if this was a low profile case I don't believe he would have been fired - he didn't see anything and thought the area had already been searched - so what if he was rude to the meter reader -(not that I agree with being rude ever) it just doesn't justify him being fired IMO
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    I have to say I am not surprised. After I listened to YM and JA interview him 2x, I was shocked that this person was even a deputy to begin with. I hate to say it, but I don't think this was his calling in life and I don't think OCSO really had any other choice. I hope he finds another job soon. jmo
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rockledge FL
    Posts
    247
    Deputy Refuses To Accept Termination Over Response To Call

    The deputy who investigated a call for service from the man who ended up finding
    Caylee Anthony's remains was fired by the Orange County Sheriff's Office, but
    he refused the termination and will keep his job until an appeal is heard.
    MORE DETAILS:

    http://www.wftv.com/tu/5FWhBgJcL.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In a bubble.
    Posts
    2,258
    Another victim of KC. Officer Cain has children to support and now no job in this horrible economy. I am not sure what he was supposed to do other than go into the woods and look for what RK said he saw. When Officer Cain found nothing, what was he supposed to do - call in the Mounties?

    There must be more to his firing than this one incident. I wish all the best for him and his family.

    Edited to add: Good for him, I hope he wins his appeal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,902
    If he got fired over the Caylee case, then yes, he is a Casey victim... but if he got fired for not doing his sworn duty, regardless of which case involved, then he has only himself to blame for the firing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    357
    This was not the first incident in which it was reported that he didn't follow-up on a tip/complainant. Definitely not an isolated incident. Having been reprimanded for the same thing before...the latest one (Caylee) just exponentially compounded it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    702
    I hate for anyone to lose their job in this economy, but this guy should have checked especially knowing there was a child missing in that area. If he had been reprimanded before then he was well aware of what he should be doing as far as his job went. Had he done his job this baby would have been found sooner and it would have shut the A's up sooner.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by doogiesgirl View Post
    I have to say I am not surprised. After I listened to YM and JA interview him 2x, I was shocked that this person was even a deputy to begin with. I hate to say it, but I don't think this was his calling in life and I don't think OCSO really had any other choice. I hope he finds another job soon. jmo
    Couldn't agree more.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  2. Replies: 252
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
  3. 2009.12.18 Deputy Richard Cain Interview and more
    By tehcloser in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 10:57 PM
  4. 2008.12.11 Lt. Tammy Uncer Interview "Jail worker who saw KC's reaction"
    By Tracey276 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 310
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:36 AM
  5. 2008.08.04 Cindy A. Interview "REVISITED"
    By karenz in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 491
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 02:12 PM