Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,539

    CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #9

    Please continue here.


    Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.


    Newbies.....



    I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

    I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    TRACY - A Sunday school teacher who lives at the mobile home park where 8-year-old Sandra Cantu went missing from claims someone stole her black, waterproof rolling suitcase the same day the Tracy girl disappeared.

    ~snip~

    Huckaby also says she has spent some time on the farm near the irrigation ditch where Sandra Cantu's body was discovered in suitcase that closely resembles the one she reports missing
    . Police won't confirm whether the suitcase Huckaby reported stolen and the one Sandra's body was found in are the same.

    http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_s...90&feedID=2674 (Bolded by me)

    We have a thread here to discuss Melissa Huckaby.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks for the sparkly welcome!

    Thanks also for the update, I've been glued to the TV all day for this and had heard of this latest bit of info but I thought there was going to be a press conference.

    I guess I'm impatient, I wanted more of a significant development. I'm the only one though, right

    Have a great night all, and keep praying that LE will come through on this. This child deserved much, much better. I have to believe she has traded up though, or it's all for nothing and that's just too sad to embrace.

    Love to all!!
    Bonnie

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,981
    Signed off computer,but had to sign back on. KCRA is reporting that at 6pm, Tracy CrimeScene were at the Church and removing big items. They had helicopter coverage. Thought you'd all like to know
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

  7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gaia713 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    Signed off computer,but had to sign back on. KCRA is reporting that at 6pm, Tracy CrimeScene were at the Church and removing big items. They had helicopter coverage. Thought you'd all like to know
    Thanks for the update, Gaia713. I wonder what the big items are?
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    416
    I hope this hasn't been posted yet but I find it odd.

    Pastor's Granddaughter Confirms Note Found Mentions Cantu


    UPDATED: 6:19 pm PDT April 10, 2009
    TRACY, Calif. -- The FBI continued on Friday its search of Clover Road Baptist Church in connection with the Sandra Cantu homicide case.
    Video
    The focus of Friday's search was on a small shed on the church grounds.

    Melissa Huckaby, the granddaughter of Clover Road Baptist Church's pastor, the Rev. Lane Lawless, said on Friday that the suitcase in which Cantu was found matched one that was stolen from her. Huckaby also said that she found a note the day after Cantu's disappearance.
    According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'"
    Cantu disappeared March 27 from her family's home in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

    On Monday morning, farm workers found a black, sealed suitcase while they were draining a pond near Bacchetti Road, about two miles from Orchard Estates. The area is full of agricultural fields, plowed land waiting to be planted and some irrigation ditches. It's adjacent to a dairy farm.
    The luggage was taken into the county morgue, where the 8-year-old's body was identified.
    "I wish they could have found her a lot sooner, if they would have followed up on this a lot sooner," Huckaby said.
    A public memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Merrill F. West High School gym, Sgt. Tony Sheneman said during a media update on Thursday afternoon. The gym seats about 2,500 people, he said.
    Anyone wishing to reach Cantu's family may route condolences to the Tracy Police Department, which has assigned a liaison to work with relatives. Those wishing to make donations of money in the girl's memory are being asked to contact the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation.

    http://www.kcra.com/news/19149311/detail.html

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    158

    The Blinds

    I was thinking about the blinds.

    Does anyone think that LE might be running a parallel investigation into the Tracy 60? I was wondering if maybe they seized the blinds as part of that investigation. Perhaps they saw them in a photo that ties back to the ring.

    I don't recall LE ever acknowledging the blinds siezed as part of the Cantu case/

    Any thoughts?

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msfittz For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,193
    hmmmmm she found the note the day after Sandra went missing.... interesting... I wonder if she reported it to le that day?
    This bee my opinion

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,107
    I brought up the 'sealed' in referring to the suitcase the other day. I am not talking about as in sealed evidence or sealed in a body bag.

    I am thinking that there was either something around the suitcase sealing it or maybe taped. I started to say that I wish a reporter would ask a question about it, but LE would not answer I'm sure!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,107
    Quote Originally Posted by msfittz View Post
    I was thinking about the blinds.

    Does anyone think that LE might be running a parallel investigation into the Tracy 60? I was wondering if maybe they seized the blinds as part of that investigation. Perhaps they saw them in a photo that ties back to the ring.

    I don't recall LE ever acknowledging the blinds siezed as part of the Cantu case/

    Any thoughts?
    I do! In a lot of investigations, one thing leads to another and to a number of people. I have thought this since hearing about the Tracy 60. I would also like to see all 60 go down even if none of them are relavent (sp.) to this investigation.

    MH could have easily gotten in with them.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    I don't believe the blind/shade was actually evidence. The photo we saw was a rollup shade tossed in the trunk of a car. It was not bagged and tagged like evidence.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Thanks for the update, Gaia713. I wonder what the big items are?
    Three investigators this evening took what appeared to be a fold-up bed from a church that an FBI team had already searched two days ago in connection to the murder of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu.

    By this evening, the crime-scene tape was back up again, and FBI agents and police were seen on the roof, in the shed and taking a pretty big piece of evidence ó about the size of a curbside garbage can ó from inside the church and into a crime scene van.

    http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full...d_story&open=& (Bolded by me)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Thanks for the sparkly welcome!

    Thanks also for the update, I've been glued to the TV all day for this and had heard of this latest bit of info but I thought there was going to be a press conference.

    I guess I'm impatient, I wanted more of a significant development. I'm the only one though, right

    Have a great night all, and keep praying that LE will come through on this. This child deserved much, much better. I have to believe she has traded up though, or it's all for nothing and that's just too sad to embrace.

    Love to all!!
    Bonnie
    Welcome to WS! Oh, there is so much that came out today!! Don't miss all the articles on Melissa Huckaby, the pastor's granddaughter!! Wow! (We have an entire thread on her now.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  23. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    304
    I tend to not believe MH.....everything she's said so far sounds off....really? a note that said "Cantu, suitcase, water".....plus the criminal history, the denial that it is CLEARLY her and the sketchy story about leaving the suitcase outside for no apparent reason....then not actually reporting it....whatever.

    I hope they make some arrests in this soon.

  24. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    304
    OK, I don't know if it's been reported here yet or not, but investigators removed a rolled up bed from the church today...


    ETA: this is on NBC 11 Bay Area right now.

  25. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    304
    Huckabee is also saying she was questioned by investigators a few months ago after taking a 7 year old to the park....7 year old came back with narcotics in her system....Benzo? I don't know what that is....also on NBC 11 Bay Area.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug For This Useful Post:


  27. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    106

    Teen Witness Saw "Man Acting Very Strangely" At Pond...

    Where Sandra's Body Was Found

    KWES 9 report includes potential witness's description of the vehicle the man was driving & what the man looks like & what he was wearing

    http://www.newswest9.com/Global/stor...&nav=menu505_2
    Last edited by Shari_Gal; 04-11-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Structure edit

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Shari_Gal For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Shari_Gal View Post
    Where Sandra's Body Was Found

    KWES 9 report includes potential witness's description of the vehicle the man was driving & what the man looks like & what he was wearing

    http://www.newswest9.com/Global/stor...&nav=menu505_2

    Thanks for that link. I have been wondering why this guy would be looking in the ditch by the side of the road? I wonder if something was misplaced or dropped when she was tossed into the water?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Could it be that Melissa told someone about the note and he was searching along Whitehall road for the body? Or perhaps an "instrument" which is now missing according to Sgt. S?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,352

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Huckabee is also saying she was questioned by investigators a few months ago after taking a 7 year old to the park....7 year old came back with narcotics in her system....Benzo? I don't know what that is....also on NBC 11 Bay Area.

    Drugs, Benzodiapines. I've learned alot about them in the Caylee Anthony case from One Lost Girl.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  34. The Following User Says Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    456
    why would they have not taken the bed in the first search! sweet baby jesus, did no one think that could be relevant!

  36. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by joga View Post
    why would they have not taken the bed in the first search! sweet baby jesus, did no one think that could be relevant!
    It's been described as a roll away type of bed. Perhaps it was had temporarily been removed from the church premises before the first search was conducted. As I recall, the church was not the first place LE searched.I don't know why it would have been placed back in the church, unless ONE person involved is giving up evidence.
    UNLESS A LINK IS POSTED, MY POSTS REFLECT MY OPINION ONLY.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to SeekingJana For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    It's been described as a roll away type of bed. Perhaps it was had temporarily been removed from the church premises before the first search was conducted. As I recall, the church was not the first place LE searched.I don't know why it would have been placed back in the church, unless ONE person involved is giving up evidence.
    ding ding ding!

    That's the sense I'm getting too...they're on to SOMETHING!

    The local news was reporting that a) they were really surprised that the police didn't hold a presser this afternoon; and b) they are anticipating an arrest some time tonight....maybe tomorrow.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug For This Useful Post:


  40. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,651

    Common names for some benzos

    Valium is the brand name for the first Benzodizepine class of sedative.
    Other brand names of other Benzo class drugs which may be familiar are Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Versed.

    Rohypnol, or " roofies" is a notorious prescription benzodiazapine not sold in the USA. Its properties are strong, and are very similar to injectable Versed. Versed is usually used for sedation for minor surgeicl procedures, either alone, or as a pre-medication to a general anesthetic.
    UNLESS A LINK IS POSTED, MY POSTS REFLECT MY OPINION ONLY.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to SeekingJana For This Useful Post:


  42. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    Valium is the brand name for the first Benzodizepine class of sedative.
    Other brand names of other Benzo class drugs which may be familiar are Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Versed.

    Rohypnol, or " roofies" is a notorious prescription benzodiazapine not sold in the USA. Its properties are strong, and are very similar to injectable Versed. Versed is usually used for sedation for minor surgeicl procedures, either alone, or as a pre-medication to a general anesthetic.
    Oh, so a little Zany the Nanny?

    This may be useful: The Tracy Press is reporting the police have scheduled a press conference for 10 am tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8
    By christine2448 in forum Sandra Cantu
    Replies: 617
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
  2. CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #7
    By Salem in forum Sandra Cantu
    Replies: 358
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
  3. CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6
    By arielilane in forum Sandra Cantu
    Replies: 744
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
  4. CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#4
    By christine2448 in forum Sandra Cantu
    Replies: 908
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
  5. Replies: 769
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •