CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #9

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS.

TRACY - A Sunday school teacher who lives at the mobile home park where 8-year-old Sandra Cantu went missing from claims someone stole her black, waterproof rolling suitcase the same day the Tracy girl disappeared.

~snip~

Huckaby also says she has spent some time on the farm near the irrigation ditch where Sandra Cantu's body was discovered in suitcase that closely resembles the one she reports missing
. Police won't confirm whether the suitcase Huckaby reported stolen and the one Sandra's body was found in are the same.

http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_...case-Stolen-The-=1&blockID=263590&feedID=2674 (Bolded by me)

We have a thread here to discuss Melissa Huckaby. ;)

Thanks for the sparkly welcome!

Thanks also for the update, I've been glued to the TV all day for this and had heard of this latest bit of info but I thought there was going to be a press conference.

I guess I'm impatient, I wanted more of a significant development. I'm the only one though, right:)

Have a great night all, and keep praying that LE will come through on this. This child deserved much, much better. I have to believe she has traded up though, or it's all for nothing and that's just too sad to embrace.

Love to all!!
Bonnie

Signed off computer,but had to sign back on. KCRA is reporting that at 6pm, Tracy CrimeScene were at the Church and removing big items. They had helicopter coverage. Thought you'd all like to know

Signed off computer,but had to sign back on. KCRA is reporting that at 6pm, Tracy CrimeScene were at the Church and removing big items. They had helicopter coverage. Thought you'd all like to know

Thanks for the update, Gaia713. I wonder what the big items are?

I hope this hasn't been posted yet but I find it odd.

Pastor's Granddaughter Confirms Note Found Mentions Cantu

UPDATED: 6:19 pm PDT April 10, 2009
TRACY, Calif. -- The FBI continued on Friday its search of Clover Road Baptist Church in connection with the Sandra Cantu homicide case.
Video
The focus of Friday's search was on a small shed on the church grounds.

Melissa Huckaby, the granddaughter of Clover Road Baptist Church's pastor, the Rev. Lane Lawless, said on Friday that the suitcase in which Cantu was found matched one that was stolen from her. Huckaby also said that she found a note the day after Cantu's disappearance.
According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'"
Cantu disappeared March 27 from her family's home in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

On Monday morning, farm workers found a black, sealed suitcase while they were draining a pond near Bacchetti Road, about two miles from Orchard Estates. The area is full of agricultural fields, plowed land waiting to be planted and some irrigation ditches. It's adjacent to a dairy farm.
The luggage was taken into the county morgue, where the 8-year-old's body was identified.
"I wish they could have found her a lot sooner, if they would have followed up on this a lot sooner," Huckaby said.
A public memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Merrill F. West High School gym, Sgt. Tony Sheneman said during a media update on Thursday afternoon. The gym seats about 2,500 people, he said.
Anyone wishing to reach Cantu's family may route condolences to the Tracy Police Department, which has assigned a liaison to work with relatives. Those wishing to make donations of money in the girl's memory are being asked to contact the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19149311/detail.html

I was thinking about the blinds.

Does anyone think that LE might be running a parallel investigation into the Tracy 60? I was wondering if maybe they seized the blinds as part of that investigation. Perhaps they saw them in a photo that ties back to the ring.

I don't recall LE ever acknowledging the blinds siezed as part of the Cantu case/

Any thoughts?

hmmmmm she found the note the day after Sandra went missing.... interesting... I wonder if she reported it to le that day?

I brought up the 'sealed' in referring to the suitcase the other day. I am not talking about as in sealed evidence or sealed in a body bag.

I am thinking that there was either something around the suitcase sealing it or maybe taped. I started to say that I wish a reporter would ask a question about it, but LE would not answer I'm sure!

I was thinking about the blinds.

Does anyone think that LE might be running a parallel investigation into the Tracy 60? I was wondering if maybe they seized the blinds as part of that investigation. Perhaps they saw them in a photo that ties back to the ring.

I don't recall LE ever acknowledging the blinds siezed as part of the Cantu case/

Any thoughts?

I do! In a lot of investigations, one thing leads to another and to a number of people. I have thought this since hearing about the Tracy 60. I would also like to see all 60 go down even if none of them are relavent (sp.) to this investigation.

MH could have easily gotten in with them.

I don't believe the blind/shade was actually evidence. The photo we saw was a rollup shade tossed in the trunk of a car. It was not bagged and tagged like evidence.

Thanks for the update, Gaia713. I wonder what the big items are?

Three investigators this evening took what appeared to be a fold-up bed from a church that an FBI team had already searched two days ago in connection to the murder of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu.

By this evening, the crime-scene tape was back up again, and FBI agents and police were seen on the roof, in the shed and taking a pretty big piece of evidence — about the size of a curbside garbage can — from inside the church and into a crime scene van.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...get=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=& (Bolded by me)

Thanks for the sparkly welcome!

Thanks also for the update, I've been glued to the TV all day for this and had heard of this latest bit of info but I thought there was going to be a press conference.

I guess I'm impatient, I wanted more of a significant development. I'm the only one though, right:)

Have a great night all, and keep praying that LE will come through on this. This child deserved much, much better. I have to believe she has traded up though, or it's all for nothing and that's just too sad to embrace.

Love to all!!
Bonnie
Welcome to WS! Oh, there is so much that came out today!! Don't miss all the articles on Melissa Huckaby, the pastor's granddaughter!! Wow! (We have an entire thread on her now.)

I tend to not believe MH.....everything she's said so far sounds off....really? a note that said "Cantu, suitcase, water".....plus the criminal history, the denial that it is CLEARLY her and the sketchy story about leaving the suitcase outside for no apparent reason....then not actually reporting it....whatever.

I hope they make some arrests in this soon.

OK, I don't know if it's been reported here yet or not, but investigators removed a rolled up bed from the church today...

ETA: this is on NBC 11 Bay Area right now.

Huckabee is also saying she was questioned by investigators a few months ago after taking a 7 year old to the park....7 year old came back with narcotics in her system....Benzo? I don't know what that is....also on NBC 11 Bay Area.

Could it be that Melissa told someone about the note and he was searching along Whitehall road for the body? Or perhaps an "instrument" which is now missing according to Sgt. S?

Huckabee is also saying she was questioned by investigators a few months ago after taking a 7 year old to the park....7 year old came back with narcotics in her system....Benzo? I don't know what that is....also on NBC 11 Bay Area.
:eek::eek::eek:
Drugs, Benzodiapines. I've learned alot about them in the Caylee Anthony case from One Lost Girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back