Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: An arrest has been made!

I am sick. My heart hurts. Prayers to both families as they try to make sense of the senseless.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ella's mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nadjatheresa View Post
    She must have mental illness. The NECN article mentions that she was due in court April 17th April 17th to "check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft she pleaded no contest to."

Three year probation and mental health program for a petty theft?
    Mental Problems - Then why the he** was she allowed to teach Sunday School?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ella's mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Given that it appears Melissa drugged a 7 year old at the MHP, I'm thinking Melissa is wacked and this was not an accident.
    Yes, Police Chief Janet Thiessen specifically said "murder" in the press statement.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nadjatheresa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I AM THE 14 CAR View Post
    My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo
    This is not meant to be rude to anyone, but are there many cases where a woman - who is not a relative - kidnaps and kills a child?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msfittz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I just looked at the picture again and her face does not seem symetrical.
    Maybe that is it.
    Sorry but you just made me LOL. My face isn't symmetrical but I never killed anyone.
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:

My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo

I agree. We do know women are capable of killing. We hear about women killing their children all the time. We hardly ever hear about a woman that has a child of her own that kidnaps another child and kills her without her significant other involved as well. I really believe that the majority of us are shocked and surprised that it's a Mother that kipnapped and killed Sandra and that they are saying for now, that she acted alone.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MCDRAW For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by msfittz View Post
    This is not meant to be rude to anyone, but are there many cases where a woman - who is not a relative - kidnaps and kills a child?
    Hi Msfittz, No I don't think there are many cases of this nature - Karissa Boudreau (in my avatar area) was killed by her mother. Wonder what the profilers would say about a female non-custodian non-familial abduction and murder - really makes me wonder.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    wow.
    Guess she accelerated t his by flapping lips to the press. I say good. Her mug shot looks like a view into the bowels ofhe!!...

Will be interesting to see if there is anyone else arrested....but if not I am not surprised either. She looks like any other sociopathic predator...except she is a woman. (odd but not unheard of)
    This bee my opinion

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by msfittz View Post
    That's what I came to ask, this is just so baffling. Just completely bizarre that it was a woman, especially if she acted alone. I can't comprehend this. Now what do we tell our children? Women that are almost 'strangers' to children, don't kill children...
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PattyCake For This Useful Post:

I think the kidnapping charge would indicate that there was some sort of confession/detailed information provided by either MH herself or someone closely associated with her. I realize we might be missing a lot of information, but nothing published, video or otherwise, would lead us to suspect kidnapping was involved. Kidnapping is not an inherent charge to murder, correct?

I can't believe that this was an accident, because just like Caylee, if it was an accident why not to confess to it when the poopy hits the fan? The idea that a murder charge is preferable to a heartfelt, tear-sodden "I didn't mean to run her over/leave the pool gate open/confuse the antifreeze with Koolaid" is just unfathomable. Maybe if evidence comes out that MH tied poor Sandra up before accidentally backing over her in a SUV, I'll change my tune.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case an accident theory would seem farfetched. She told them something about the crime that led them to the kidnapping charge.

Could it be possible that Sandra was alive in that suitcase when she was loaded in the car and suffocated before MH's true intentions could be revealed? Whether it be sexual in nature, or whatever else. I hate to think she was drowned alive like a callous person does to a puppy, but the "waterproof" nature of the suitcase really scares me. Non-breathable fabric. A lined, sealed suitcase dropped in a pond.

Still doesn't speak to motive, though.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MomofBoys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    wow.
    Guess she accelerated t his by flapping lips to the press. I say good. Her mug shot looks like a view into the bowels ofhe!!...

Will be interesting to see if there is anyone else arrested....but if not I am not surprised either. She looks like any other sociopathic predator...except she is a woman. (odd but not unheard of)
    "Wow. Just wow." LOL, when I was reading through the astro thread I happened upon your entry with those three words and laughed so hard I woke myself right up! I think once a hinky meter tops out and can't register more, one hears those words said on its default setting.

After listening to the Chief, sounds like Sandra died shortly after she was kidnapped......
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

OT, but I wish the TPD would take a trip to Orlando and get a confession out of Casey this quick!!

So glad the family can have a bit of closure now. It must be horrible seeing your neighbors every day and wondering.. "which one did it". Prayers for the Cantu family. Skip with the angels Sandra.. you're finally home!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDzWife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom View Post
    Mental Problems - Then why the he** was she allowed to teach Sunday School?
    Family church thing
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    After listening to the Chief, sounds like Sandra died shortly after she was kidnapped......
    Yes. That tends to streamline matters and make multiple-involvement less likely, except perhaps in disposal of the body.
    Last edited by wfgodot; 04-11-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: trigger-happy this a.m.

Unbelievable. I'm in shock. All those sex offenders around, and the suspect is the preacher's granddaughter...

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wandering For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Thanks,
    This information gives me hope that there is not a 'ring' of internet pervs connection.
    The timeframe appears too short.
    However, that doesn't lessen the horror of what happened to this poor child.

Is it me - or are more and more women becoming the aggressors in this type of crime (abduction or murder of children)?
    IMO, there was plenty of time to do a something....like take pictures for the Tracy 60.

Ive seen LE thinks she was killed quick and Ive seen that LE killed her just before she was reported missing.

There was pleanty of time to do alot of things to Sandra.

I want to know where the blinds came from & if Melissa has a digi cam & if she takes alot pics of NORMAL stuff.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I AM THE 14 CAR For This Useful Post:

It is a miracle that MH didn't kill Sandra's sister also!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes. That tends to streamline matters and make multiple-involvement less likely, except perhaps in disposal of the body.
    I doubt she had help with disposal. Did the suitcase have wheels? Almost all of them do, now.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to wandering For This Useful Post:

IMO, there was plenty of time to do a something....like take pictures for the Tracy 60.

Ive seen LE thinks she was killed quick and Ive seen that LE killed her just before she was reported missing.

I want to know where the blinds came from & if Melissa has a digi cam & if she takes alot pics of NORMAL stuff.
    I would like to know about this Tracy 60..............
    members..........
    where are MH grandparents, parents etc..........did they come home by her side?
    or flea?
    hiding in another (BIL)church
    Where is MH child?
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, it does streamline it a bit - depends on the definition of short time - was it 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2, 3 or 4 hours - LE may be defining short in terms of hours as opposed to days. This is totally baffling and you are probably onto something with the multiple involvement with the disposal of her body.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

I'm in absolute shock, but I'm happy that the Tracy Police Department was able to make an arrest and hopefully now the families in the community can sleep better at night.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cantu family. I can't even imagine what they're going through. Hopefully they find some comfort in the fact that the sick POS who took their daughter away will now be behind bars forever.
    #PrayForMH370

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

gypsyblue is offline this is not what Haleigh would have wanted
    Im thinking somewhere along the lines of repeated abuse, possible involving someone else at the church. Sandra was apparently trying to get permission to go to bible study, and then to the movies as if she was being urged maybe by MH. Then maybe repeated abuse gone awry, led to murder. JMOO

42. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsyblue For This Useful Post:

I am so interested in the blinds as well - I have never seen from confirmed sources where they were taken from but there was speculation/indication that they came from Slayter IIRC.

I am wondering the same things. Like maybe she was the face of Tracy 60, maybe she produced the pics for Tracy 60?

It's clear that no one would suspect the mother of a small child, to lure an unrelated child and cause them harm.

I expect more arrests in this case. But maybe I am wrong maybe this is just a sick woman who worked on her own causing harm to innocent children.
    Children don't stop dancing

45. The Following User Says Thank You to SharetheLight For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast