Thread: TX - Rose Baker, 40, Whitesboro, 1 June 1980

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."

TX - Rose Baker, 40, Whitesboro, 1 June 1980

Decided there needed to be a thread here for Rose Baker!
    Links to info on her case here:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_rose.html and here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2426dftx.html

Rose Ann Baker
    Missing since June 1, 1980 from Whitesboro, Grayson County, Texas
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 22, 1940
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 40 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 140 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Mole on bridge of nose. Hysterectomy scar. Previously broken wrist.
    Clothing: Usually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes.
    Dentals: Not available. Upper dentures.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: mtDNA in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Rose Ann Baker was last heard from or seen at the end of May, first of June 1980 at her home in Texas. Her husband said she left in the middle of the night. Her car, purse and clothes were left behind. She hasn't been seen or heard from since.
    Her case was reopened by investigators in 2007. Her case is now being investigated as a homicide.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Grayson County Sheriff's Office
    Harvey Smitherman
    903-868-2977
    Agency Case Number: 279639 TM1474334767 NCIC Number:M-456875301

Ms. Baker is being looked at as a possible match to the Jane Doe in this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78755

Just in case Ms. Baker is ruled out, we felt like she needed to have her own thread, she deserves our attention.
    Last edited by MadeaBecBec; 04-11-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added photo
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeaBecBec For This Useful Post:

Kat

Thank you MBB! As usual, you ROCK. I wanted to bring this post over from LL's forum as it pertains to Rose:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=361

It would be good to know where the investigation stands now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Please bear with a newbie. I've been reading all these posts and cannot figure out what "TE" stand for. Of course, after someone tells me, I'll feel like an idiot. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa727 View Post
    Please bear with a newbie. I've been reading all these posts and cannot figure out what "TE" stand for. Of course, after someone tells me, I'll feel like an idiot. Thanks!
    TE? Not sure. Can you tell me where you saw that?

Obviously somewhere in my imagination. :iamashamed0005: I meant "LE". Sorry about that!

Obviously somewhere in my imagination. :iamashamed0005: I meant "LE". Sorry about that!

No worries! LE = Law Enforcement. ME = Medical Examiner. Don't be afraid to ask - we're happy to have you here! Do you have a connection to Rose?

LE = Law Enforcement, took me a while to figure that one out too!

Thank you! I knew ME, but could not get the LE. Go figure. Actually, yes, I do kind of have a connection to Rose. Her daughter and I were friends, but actually lost touch before Rose's disappearance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa727 For This Useful Post:

Thank you! I knew ME, but could not get the LE. Go figure. Actually, yes, I do kind of have a connection to Rose. Her daughter and I were friends, but actually lost touch before Rose's disappearance.

Oh dear! If it turns out that Rose is not LL, we will continue searching. If her own children believe she was killed by their father, I think there must be something to that. Though I would prefer to believe she got away. I doubt very much she would not have contacted her children.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

So do I. Her daughter and I just reconnected yesterday via email, so I haven't asked her any questions about this. I would love to know if LE has mentioned anything to the family about this possible link though. Time for me to get off of here. Too much reading for one day and eyes are crossing. Thanks for your help!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa727 For This Useful Post:

Nothing new here, unfortunately.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    So do I. Her daughter and I just reconnected yesterday via email, so I haven't asked her any questions about this. I would love to know if LE has mentioned anything to the family about this possible link though. Time for me to get off of here. Too much reading for one day and eyes are crossing. Thanks for your help!
    What the ME really needs is some kind of dental record for Rosie that will quickly rule her in or out of LL's case-there is so much that is compelling about the possibility, it is hard to wait for the ME to find the grave and exhume LL for DNA.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    Lisa727; Do you know if all of Roses children were grown and not living at home when she disappeared?

There has to be a record of Roses dentals somewhere, reference to her upper dentures... Does the manufacturer of dentures put serial numbers or other identifying markings on them? I'll go see what I can scratch up about that.... May have to quiz my dentist about that tomorrow!!
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Re: Dentures

Apparently, it is suggested that Denture manufacturers mark them in some way for forensic identification, found this http://www.jprosthodont.com/article....;aulast=Kamath

I wonder though if this was standard procedure in 1980 and prior..... I certainly hope so...

Dentures

Quote Originally Posted by MadeaBecBec View Post
    Apparently, it is suggested that Denture manufacturers mark them in some way for forensic identification, found this http://www.jprosthodont.com/article....;aulast=Kamath

I wonder though if this was standard procedure in 1980 and prior..... I certainly hope so...
    Just a heads up.
    Got my first top plate in app. 1987 and there were no identifying marks.
    After 10 years got a new plate and has my name in it.
    Kinda silly , but hey if I get lost they can tell who I am.
    I mentioned to the dentist (is that so at the retirement home they don't mix up our teeth)
    What I lack in book smarts, I make up for in street smarts

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defender123 For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    I am hoping that casts, XRAYS or records survived somewhere. I mean, if she ever was seen at a hospital for a head or mouth related injury, there would be some kind of XRAY likely, or perhaps her dentist still has her file. Even blood or tissue from any kind of surgery might be helpful...longshots all I realize but trust me it would be faster than an exhumation. Peace.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

24. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty sure that all the kids were gone from the home when she disappeared, but I could be wrong. About the dental records...they were a military family (Air Force, I think) that moved around frequently prior to moving to Grayson County, so if she had dentures done by the military, I don't know how anyone could track that. Maybe someone out there does. At the time Rose disappeared, there were only two dentists in Whitesboro, but I seriously doubt she would use them if free dental work was available through the military. Believe99, how did you find your info, i.e. that the family had done DNA testing, that there was a grave in the basement, etc? Just curious as I'm not getting a response from the daughter and I've about come to the conclusion that there's a division in the family regarding this. I haven't given up, but I'm not going to push too hard right now either. My mother was murdered and I know from experience how difficult it is to talk to people about it sometimes, even years after the fact, so I figure she'll talk when she's ready. Or she won't. It's absolutely her choice. In the meantime, I...and you all...will keep searching, won't we? Thank you all!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa727 For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Rose....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Nothing new here. Unfortunately, the daughter has broken contact. I had hoped maybe she could help. I am so new at this, I have no idea where to go from here.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa727 For This Useful Post:

Nothing new here. Unfortunately, the daughter has broken contact. I had hoped maybe she could help. I am so new at this, I have no idea where to go from here.
    Do you believe she broke contact with you, because you are searching for Rose? And family may have put pressure on her?

I just read your post about your Mom, So sorry about your loss! I hope there was some justice for her! I've not been in your shoes, so I cannot imagine, but you will be in my prayers, to ease your pain and sorrow!

I wish there was more to add here, but you're right, nothing new has shown up! Not even a newspaper article to remind us of her missing!

Yes, I'm sure that's why she broke contact, but I don't understand it. There is a lot of speculation that her father was involved, so maybe that's why. I just don't know. I think that the Grayson County Sheriff's Department needs a reminder on this. Isn't there someone on here that has a connection to the various LE offices? I thought I saw something one time.

My mom's death was a long time ago, so I'm okay, but thank you. There was no justice for her though. That's why I get so frustrated with LE agencies that brush aside family violence cases.