Status
Not open for further replies.

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Continue here, please.

Inmate Name: HUCKABY, MELISSA Aliases: HUCKABY, MELISSA CHANTEL Booking Number: 09-09082 Date of Birth: 02/23/1981 Gender: Female Height: 5'03" Weight: 125 Visiting: 24 Hour Lobby Visiting Mailing Address:
Mailing Information HUCKABY, MELISSA / 09-09082
San Joaquin County Jail
999 West Mathews Road
French Camp, CA 95231 Booking Date/Time: 04/11/2009 at 03:25 AM Projected Release Date: None Arresting Agency: TRACY POLICE DEPARTMENT Type of Arrest: Charges/Bail: Case# Pending (00) - No Bail PC 187 Felony MURDER PC 187(A) Felony MURDER PC 207(A) Felony KIDNAPPING Total Bail: Bail not Allowed Next Court Date: 04/14/2009 at 01:30 PM Court Location & Department: Manteca Branch Department: I

First thread:
Melissa Huckaby

posted it above ^^^ but here it is again. it is in the video box on the right of this link http://cbs13.com/sandracantu titled raw interview with suspect in cantu murder. It cuts off at the end where Melissa states she got a call from the mother in the middle of the night again... so we don't hear the "drug part" per se. The rest of the incident is in her words, tho.
TY!

I've listened to this many xs but never heard the "drug part" so I was wondering what the PROBLEM was! :confused: Now I know but I still don't get where exactly it comes from..Was it LE? Media?

IMO, she did not act alone...............
I'm waiting for another arrest.
Do we know when there will be another presser???

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
Wow!! Now she is placing herself at the dump site?! WTH?!

Huckaby also says she has spent some time on the farm near the irrigation ditch where Sandra Cantu's body was discovered in suitcase that closely resembles the one she reports missing.
http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_s...90&feedID=2674

They might as well go ahead and cuff n stuff this one!!

Sorry SS! The link doesn't work :(

Got another one? :)

IMO, she did not act alone...............
I'm waiting for another arrest.
Do we know when there will be another presser???

No mention of another presser as of yet. And please do not hold your breath for another arrest. Melissa is big enough to do this all by her self.

Since my question is now on the previous thread I will ask it again because I think we need to give this a little thought...If Melissa acted alone then how did Fred W. know so much about that suitcase? Before Melissa ever entered the realm of possible suspects Fred W. was shooting off his mouth about the suitcase. Personally....I think he is involved...JMHO

No mention of another presser as of yet. And please do not hold your breath for another arrest. Melissa is big enough to do this all by her self.

At the last presser it was said they didn't know when or if there'd be another one..Hope I heard that right!

At the last presser it was said they didn't know when or if there'd be another one..Hope I heard that right!

You heard correct, but I do think it is to throw off other suspects! IMO

Since my question is now on the previous thread I will ask it again because I think we need to give this a little thought...If Melissa acted alone then how did Fred W. know so much about that suitcase? Before Melissa ever entered the realm of possible suspects Fred W. was shooting off his mouth about the suitcase. Personally....I think he is involved...JMHO

What did Fred say he knew about the suitcase?

I think Melissa told him it was stolen and he believed her. I don't think he was involved, but it is possible he was putting her stories together and could have been the person seen out by the irrigation pond in the truck looking for the suitcase.

I too think FW is involved. BUT could Melissa have lied to him early on about her suitcase being stolen and the contents being for his rummage sale? Then she later changes her story when being interviewed and says the contents of her suitcase were Sunday School room redecorating supplies? Either way their stories of the suitcase do not match up.

IMHO She told him that the suitcase was missing. Hoping to cover her tracks.After all he was a chruch memeber

Today, 03:41 PM
BB12
user_offline.gif

CLIFF NOTE VERSION

Sandra C. - Murderer ARRESTED
Melissa Chantel La**ess Hu**aby age 28
Married John Hu**aby (Divorce proceedings-on going)
Melissa Chantel La**ess
Birth Date: 23 Feb 1981
Birth County: Orange
West High School graduate from Sept 1 1995 to June 30, 1999
Melissa Hu**aby admitted to:

1) Owning the suitcase in which Sandra's body was found.

2) Seeing Sandra at the time she went missing (last known person to see her alive).

3) Going to the church during the time Sandra went missing.

4) Admitting she has frequented the dump site where Sandra's body was found in HER suitcase.

5) Having a note which details the exact location of Sandra's body.

6) Having no alibi at the time Sandra went missing unless she was seen at the church by someone else.

Christian S**clair, 49, (RUMORED TO BE MELISSA BOY FRIEND) (AGE DOES NOT MATCH UP IN MY BOOK) was arrested last week for obstructing the police investigation and has been described in court records as alcoholic and abusive.
A friend of Sinclair, David Sla**er, 44, whose home and cars were searched, was questioned by police last week. Sla**er admitted Sandra had been in his home several times. Another rumor is that F. Williams is Mellisa's BF and he recently beat her up?

Huckaby says she has spent some time on the farm near the irrigation ditch where Sandra C. body was discovered in suitcase

Huckaby said that she found a note the day after Cantu's disappearance. Found the note near Sandra C. trailer/home.

According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'" Whitehall Road is exactly where Sandra was found.

The "murder weapon" that is still missing. Speculation: the blinds were removed from the Lawless home - i.e. the cord. and/or the blinds where removed from Slayter's trailer home.

Bamboo blinds were pulled from the mobile home.
http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html#
Checked the Superior Court records in Orange County CA and she has 2 traffic violations.

Police said the have identified the murder site, however, they will not disclose this to the public at this time. Rumor has it -the location is the church and or shed at the church.

Police said they have no other suspects and no other arrest will be made at this time. Most people do not believe this.

Twenty-eight-year-old Melissa Chantel Hu**aby was arrested at 11:55 p.m. Friday on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 8-year-old Sandra C. The 28-year-old Hu**aby is a Sunday school teacher and the granddaughter of the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church.
A few things we know about who Melissa is:

Huckaby is the granddaughter of Clifford Lane La**ess, pastor of the Clover Road Baptist Church, located just down the street from Sandra's house.

-Clifford Lane La**ess (77) and Connie (grandparents)
-Brian (47) -Judy's (49) (La**ess) parents they live 5 hours away
-2 younger brothers
-Adam (23) is in the military in Virginia
-Caleb (21) is in college in Long Beach
-She has at least 1 daughter

Melissa’s last myspace login was on 4/3/09. Her mood was set to "crazy". Her status was "~MEL to the ISSA~ is high on life! lol" It appears LE has not logged into her myspace account since the last login date was before Sandra was found.

Huckaby was booked into the San Joaquin County jail about 3:25 a.m. (6:25 a.m. ET), according to the sheriff's Web site. She faces charges of kidnapping and murder, and is set to appear in court Tuesday.

www.myspace.com/Cinderella888

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/t...=view¤t=ML.jpg

Uncle - Lane "Brian" La**ess
Julianne (sister?)
Emily is Melissa's cousin. -"hoping my family will be okay"
http://www.facebook.com/people/Melis...aby/1258777755

Huckaby was not at the first vigil for Sandra, but there was an indication from people at the second that she attended that one.

SHE WAS ARRESTED 2 TIMES IN THE PAST: she is the one who was hospitalized a few days ago and police sat outside the hospital just sitting there------sounds like this lady is mentally odd----she has some major issues---Sounds like police thought it was her and her suitcase on day one.

Huckaby was recently convicted for petty theft in San Joaquin County, and was scheduled to appear in court on April 17 to check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence.

According to court records, Huckaby had claimed she was not mentally competent to stand trial in the case. The judge ordered her to be examined by physicians. Later, it was determined that she was competent and she pleaded no contest.

In an interview with the local newspaper on Friday, Huckaby said someone else by the same name was charged for the November theft from a Target store.

Huckaby was also convicted by Superior Court in Los Angeles County in November of 2006 for a petty theft in Bellflower, records showed.

Huckaby said her suitcase had an Eddie Bauer logo and was waterproof and charcoal-trimmed. Those details matched a general description of the suitcase that Sandra's body was found inside.

Huckaby claimed it was packed with things to redo her classroom. (Sunday school teacher)

While Huckaby said she has spoken to authorities, she did not know if her missing suitcase was indeed the one that held the girl's body.

Huckaby said she was packing up the car to go do some work at the nearby church on March 27 — but ended up leaving the suitcase next to her car because she forgot to pack it. About 30 minutes later, when she realized she forgot it, she said she left her grandfather's church and went back to the mobile home park to retrieve her suitcase, but by then it was gone.

Huckaby said Sandra often played with her own daughter, and that Sandra had come over that day, but Huckaby said she told the girl to go away because she was too busy.

In a phone interview on Friday, Huckaby had told KPIX that Sandra visited her home March 27, the day she disappeared, to play with her 5-year-old daughter. Huckaby also said she had left a suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.
Huckaby was arrested at the Tracy Police Department, where she had gone voluntarily for questioning nearly five hours earlier, police spokesman Sgt. Tony Sh**eman said.
She was booked into custody at 2:49 a.m. Saturday at San Joaquin County Jail.

When she got to the church, Huckaby’s grandmother called and said she found her keys and cell phone. Huckaby said that’s when she realized she had left the $200 suitcase outside. When her family went out to get it, they said it was gone.

“So I talked to the assistant manager at the mobile home park and asked him to keep an eye out for this suitcase, someone took it,” Huckaby said. “I also told some older kids to look out for it. I didn’t think much then because, you know, kids were getting out of school and I thought that maybe someone, maybe someone walking by just took it.”

She called Tracy police intending to file a report, but decided to do it online. She never got around to it. Key word is called, however, police said no such call was made.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full...ead_story&open

Police found Sandra’s dead body in a black suitcase submerged in a dairy lagoon 2 miles north of the mobile home park.
Earlier Friday evening, FBI agents and police were seen at the Baptist church, where they loaded what looked like a fold-up bed into a crime scene van. They had searched the church on Monday.

Huckaby told the Tracy Press that she and her 5-year-old daughter had lived for the past year with her grandparents and that on March 27 Sandra had stopped by her house and asked to play with her daughter. Huckaby said she’d said no, because her daughter needed to pick up her toys and that Sandra went to another friend’s home.
Huckaby’s dark purple Kia SUV was towed and searched by police Tuesday night.
When she talked to the Tracy Press Friday, she said she wasn’t the same Melissa Huckaby who pleaded no contest Jan. 9 to a felony charge of second-degree commercial burglary and a misdemeanor charge of petty theft after being arrested in November 2008 for trying to steal something from Target. She had been examined by doctors and was deemed mentally competent to stand trial. She was due back in court next week for sentencing.

Huckaby was released Thursday from Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, where she spent several days in the intensive care unit for what she described as “internal bleeding.” Police were stationed at the hospital during her stay. (Suicide would be approx 3 days, ulcer would be at least 2 days, how can one be in intensive care and then go home??? Speculation is she swallowed her relatives Coumadin (warfarin) pills (blood thinners)
Police announced Friday a $32,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer of Sandra Cantu, last seen in a surveillance video skipping down the street near her mobile home.

Target - Eddie Bauer Luggage $99 not 200

http://www.localcrimenews.com/lookup.php?jid=3301990
812 W Clover Rd Spc 57
Tracy , CA 95376-1712

Reported: 11/03/2008 by Crime Reporter No. 7195
Source: Tracy PD

F PC459 Burglary
F PC666 Petty Theft With Prior

Fundraiser for Sandra
http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full...bullets&open=&

Check out this video. It is the second one down on the left with 3 men standing in front of a shed. About 1 minute and 7 seconds into the video, the reporter says the note was found at Sandra's Home!
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/us...s-Found--.html

http://www.ktvu.com/video/19156648/index.html
10 am Sat. News Conference.

NBC is reporting Huckaby was questioned by investigators a few months ago after taking a 7 year old to the park--7 year old came back with narcotics in her system. See the above video/phone interview with Melissa. Bottom line: speculation is police are looking for a sex tape child molesting video ring---searching the church roof top for a receiver etc. all angles are being looked at along with the connection to all the child molesters?? All rumors!

Was it Fred that placed the 'To forgive the killer' letter???
I can see Fred being in with MH. Maybe not MH with him........????
the church is the KEY ties allot together in this story.

I too think FW is involved. BUT could Melissa have lied to him early on about her suitcase being stolen and the contents being for his rummage sale? Then she later changes her story when being interviewed and says the contents of her suitcase were Sunday School room redecorating supplies? Either way their stories of the suitcase do not match up.

then another story about suitcase IIRC is the 4 family yard sale of Fred's

IMHO She told him that the suitcase was missing. Hoping to cover her tracks.After all he was a chruch memeber

Looks like she told MANY ppl about the suitcase:

“So I talked to the assistant manager at the mobile home park and asked him to keep an eye out for this suitcase, someone took it,” Huckaby said. “I also told some older kids to look out for it. I didn’t think much then because, you know, kids were getting out of school and I thought that maybe someone, maybe someone walking by just took it.”

Was it Fred that placed the 'To forgive the killer' letter???
I can see Fred being in with MH. Maybe not MH with him........????
the church is the KEY ties allot together in this story.

Ahhhh! Could be him or maybe it was her? Last I heard LE was checking the note for saliva..Wonder if they got any!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh